HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Lastest S$ Deposit updates - Part 3

Like Tree726Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-08-2019, 11:58 AM   #3601

maybank savings account got 2% meh? just asked them the lady said 0.1875% nia
yes 2% but is issavy placement.. means u need to do it online..
i already placed my funds with them
if am not wrong is 50k above
snowieee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2019, 12:59 PM   #3602
Supremacy Member

No good deals this month.

No Maybank suggestions please.
Mr.Canberra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2019, 06:11 AM   #3603

No good deals this month.

No Maybank suggestions please.
why no maybank? any bad experience with them?
demoforce1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2019, 11:52 AM   #3604

If you have hsbc stick with them? as there is the spend component for 800 as well. MB's no frills and the internet banking is ok as well.
888888888888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2019, 02:42 PM   #3605
Supremacy Member

why no maybank? any bad experience with them?
They are a little slow in opening accounts but no further complains.
Old 21-08-2019, 03:53 PM   #3606
Master Member

i receive best customer servce from Maybank and CIMB.... worst is Citibank, UOB, OCBC (in this order)
tiertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2019, 05:03 PM   #3607
Arch-Supremacy Member

ICBC internet banking webpage design really lousy

but cannot fault them for at least providing the option to open FD online at good rate, compared to others.
asiafrenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2019, 06:20 AM   #3608

i receive best customer servce from Maybank and CIMB.... worst is Citibank, UOB, OCBC (in this order)
Yeah, I agree Citi is the worse
tiertime likes this.
demoforce1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2019, 11:06 AM   #3609
Supremacy Member

can share more? open the maxigain acc with them still ok leh.

Btw, maybank no more 12 mths FD at 2.22% liao.
become 9 mth, 2.1% FD.
thought of putting with maybank.... maybe just hold on first...
LouisSaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2019, 11:57 AM   #3610
Master Member

become 9 mth, 2.1% FD.
they did not credit me the $50 referral rewards , i chased them for more than 1 year... the person i referred had fulfilled all spending requirements within the stipulated timeframe, but they said she has to click on a D*** link in the email to Confirm that i referred her !

BUT, NOBODY at the branch told us that Citi would be sending an email and we still have to click on it, we already COMPLETED the form indicating that she has been referred by me At the branch, it is simply atrocious

Last edited by tiertime; 22-08-2019 at 12:23 PM..
tiertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2019, 03:58 PM   #3611

Citibank is terrible not so much due to service but that the people don't know their products and procedure.

Thank God my blur ex-RM left and I got a good new RM who had to clean up the mess.

HSBC service is good but their backend slow. Std Chart service no good also.
vsvs24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2019, 05:49 PM   #3612

I was worried about Maybank stopping the FD promo. Lucky two weeks back I immediately signup for the 12months promo. Received the upfront interest and transferred it to my DBS Multiplier acct to earn higher interest....huat huat huat.

I dun see interest rates for FD going up. I think it may slip in the coming weeks.

become 9 mth, 2.1% FD.
Slowdown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2019, 06:18 PM   #3613

Citibank is terrible not so much due to service but that the people don't know their products and procedure.

Thank God my blur ex-RM left and I got a good new RM who had to clean up the mess.

HSBC service is good but their backend slow. Std Chart service no good also.
Having been with almost all full banks in SG, agree with everything said about Citibank, w/d everything with them many years back and never look back, only still maintain 1 CC for miles.

HSBC: Products still ok, but had bad experience, took them almost 3 months to rectify a simple issue and only after ending ALL relationships with them, then they rectified the issue. Long story short: inexperienced RM gave wrong info on promo resulting in interest loss, complained in various formats - email, call centre and even branch. And the so-call branch VP was giving all kinds of silly excuses to prolong the bad experience. Even when terminate HSBC CC, took 30min to speak to someone from their call centre and was told an SMS confirmation will be sent within 3 days which never happen!

SCB: not perfect, but for me so far, they are quite on the ball when feedback to them on their poor service or mistakes, of course, must get to speak to the right people.

BOC: "Incredible" customer service and outdated website! If you don't know Mandarin, you MUST try calling their call centre to ask anything on their products and experience for yourself!

CIMB: fuss-free online accounts, call centre staff are knowledgeable in their products and services, so far, not bad! Cancelled CC after they changed the t&c many years ago.

MB and ICBC: went down to branch to open FD, took almost 1h to complete everything, but just one time effort, shall see how they fare in future.

RHB: used to be my fave coz got free drink machine, haha, and higher IR! but left them when they took machine away and also changed the IR for their TRIO acct. Now it is just another foreign bank with some surprising promo from time to time.

SBI: staff at branch will not be interested to serve you at all, don't even know why they were hired to stand there talking to each other only! Only nice thing is coffee machine

Local banks: products-wise, nothing fantastic. DBS service is better. UOB One account and CC is still ok, but OCBC really CMI

My two cents worth of comments on all these banks
tiertime likes this.
Old 22-08-2019, 06:25 PM   #3614

I was worried about Maybank stopping the FD promo. Lucky two weeks back I immediately signup for the 12months promo. Received the upfront interest and transferred it to my DBS Multiplier acct to earn higher interest....huat huat huat.

I dun see interest rates for FD going up. I think it may slip in the coming weeks.
Hmm.. if not mistaken, according to their T&C, u have to leave the upfront interest in the account..
Old 22-08-2019, 10:05 PM   #3615

Hmm.. if not mistaken, according to their T&C, u have to leave the upfront interest in the account..
I don't see the point you mentioned in the TnC. Do let me know which point you are referring to.

Terms and Conditions for Deposits Bundle Promotion (“Promotion”)
1. This Promotion is available from 20 August 2019 and shall end on a date to be determined by Maybank in its absolute discretion (“Promotion Period”).

2. Promotional rate (“Promotional Rate”) for Singapore Dollar Time Deposit is applicable to individuals and non-individual accounts.

3. Customers will enjoy Promotional Rate on 9-month Singapore Dollar Time Deposit (“Time Deposit”) when they make a deposit into selected Maybank Current or Savings Accounts (“CASA Accounts”) at any Maybank Branch. The applicable CASA Accounts for this Promotion are the following:
Individuals Accounts Non-Individuals Accounts
Passbook Savings Account Current Account
Privilege Plus Savings Account FlexiBiz Account
SaveUp Account PremierBiz Account
PremierOne Account

4. For every S$1,000 deposited into the CASA Account, S$10,000 may be placed into the Time Deposit, subject to a minimum of S$20,000 in Time Deposit and the corresponding minimum deposit of S$2,000 in the CASA Account. For the avoidance of doubt, the funds deposited into the Time Deposit and CASA Account must be made at any Maybank Branch in Singapore, using fresh funds and excluding transfers from existing Maybank accounts (if any).

5. The interest on the Time Deposit will be paid upfront (“Upfront Interest”) and shall be credited into customers’ CASA Account on the next business day following the successful placement of the Time Deposit or upon clearance of any cheque(s) deposited, whichever is later.

6. Funds deposited into the CASA Account (“Deposit Amount”) will be held by the bank for the same period as the Time Deposit from the date of deposit is made and will not be available for withdrawal during this period of time (“Earmark Period”). For the avoidance of doubt, any withdrawal of the Deposit Amount during the Earmark Period shall result in the corresponding termination of the Time Deposit under this Promotion.

7. The Upfront Interest paid shall be clawed back by Maybank in full in the event the customer withdraws all or part of the Deposit Amount from the CASA Account and/or a premature withdrawal is made within three (3) months of placement of the Time Deposit or it is determined by Maybank that the customer has breached any of the terms and conditions herein. For any withdrawal of the Deposit Amount and/or premature withdrawals of the Time Deposit made after three (3) months from placement date, the actual interest payable for the number of days the Time Deposit is placed shall be calculated on the lowest tier of the savings account rate prevailing at the time of withdrawal or the contracted rate, whichever is lower (“Actual Interest”). In such an event, Maybank shall claw back an amount equivalent to the Upfront Interest paid to the customer less the Actual Interest (“Additional Interest”). Maybank reserves the right to deduct the Additional Interest paid to such customer from the customer’s CASA Account and/or the Time Deposit account.

8. Partial or premature withdrawal of the Time Deposit is deemed as early termination.

9. If a customer wishes to use the Time Deposit as collateral for any banking facility(ies), the Upfront Interest paid shall be deducted from the deposited amount for the purpose of computing the amount which can be pledged as collateral. In the event of default of the banking facility(ies), Maybank shall have the right to set off the Upfront Interest paid.

10. At the end of the tenure, the Time Deposit shall be renewed for the same tenure, based on the prevailing board rates and the prevailing features, terms and conditions at the time of renewal unless instructions been given by customers prior to maturity.

11. This Promotion is not valid in conjunction with other promotions carried out by Maybank unless otherwise specified.

12. Maybank shall have the sole and absolute discretion to exclude any person or non-individual from participating in the Promotion without any obligation to furnish any notice and/or reason. Maybank's decision on all matters relating to the Promotion shall be final, conclusive and binding on all customers.

13. Maybank, its related corporations, employees and/or independent contractors shall not be liable to any person or non-individual for any loss, injury, liabilities, expenses or damages whatsoever or howsoever incurred or sustained by the customer and/or any other person by reason of, arising from or in connection with this Promotion or any other reason.

14. Maybank reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to vary, delete or add to any of these terms and conditions from time to time or to suspend or terminate the Promotion at any time without prior notice or liability to any person or non-individual.

15. In the event of any inconsistency between these terms and conditions and any marketing collaterals relating to this Promotion (“Marketing Collaterals”), these terms and conditions shall prevail.

16. Standard Terms and Conditions governing the operation of Singapore Dollar Time Deposit Accounts, Current and Savings Accounts for Individuals and Non-Individuals, and/or any terms and conditions stated in the Marketing Collaterals shall apply.

Deposit Insurance Scheme
Singapore dollar deposits of non-bank depositors are insured by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation, for up to S$75,000 in aggregate per depositor per Scheme member by law. Monies and deposits denominated in Singapore dollars under the CPF Investment Scheme and CPF Retirement Sum Scheme are aggregated and separately insured up to S$75,000 for each depositor per Scheme member. Foreign currency deposits, dual currency investments, structured deposits and other investment products are not insured.

Information correct as at 15 August 2019
Maybank Singapore Limited (UEN: 201804195C)
Slowdown is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.