www.hardwarezone.com.sg


www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Money Mind (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/money-mind-210/)
-   -   Lastest S$ Deposit updates - Part 3 (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/money-mind-210/lastest-s%24-deposit-updates-part-3-a-5575909.html)

arctician 03-03-2017 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by highsulphur (Post 106660931)
What's the current uob high yield promo? Any HSBC fd promo also? My HSBC 1.55 deposit promo ended in Feb but I need to maintain balance till mid march.

best option is supersalary scb..1.3%+ to cap of 1mil for 12mth

rest all cannot make it or promo ending soon

zumaba 03-03-2017 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arctician (Post 106663182)
best option is supersalary scb..1.3%+ to cap of 1mil for 12mth

rest all cannot make it or promo ending soon

for supersalary scb..1.3%, do you need to setup GIRO for $1500, and for "new" customer? otherwise it is 1.1%?

V_for_Vanilla 03-03-2017 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arctician (Post 106663182)
best option is supersalary scb..1.3%+ to cap of 1mil for 12mth

rest all cannot make it or promo ending soon

If you have a mortgage with SCB, their Mortgage One is not bad.

arctician 03-03-2017 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zumaba (Post 106663913)
for supersalary scb..1.3%, do you need to setup GIRO for $1500, and for "new" customer? otherwise it is 1.1%?

have no idea..for me i just do 1.5k giro from 3rd party acct every month

main draw is the high ceiling and the 1.3% interest

Alex.hero 03-03-2017 08:44 PM

Part 2, subscribed!!

android 03-03-2017 10:18 PM

Which bank has the best fd rates now?

babyrobo 03-03-2017 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by android (Post 106676422)
Which bank has the best fd rates now?

depending on how much and the period u want to lock in

qhong61 04-03-2017 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by babyrobo (Post 106676488)
depending on how much and the period u want to lock in

$50k safe limit and for one year.

Luffyace 05-03-2017 05:38 PM

I just created a CDP account and how do I link my posb account over to transfer the money ? I created the account at CDP HQ and I already wrote my posb acc at the application form :)

zumaba 06-03-2017 04:09 PM

Currently I have $60K with BOC Smart Save for 2.75%; and $80K for SCB e$aver for 1.28%.

I think this is the best combination comparing to other banks saving accounts like Maybank StepUp, UOB One etc., and for my case (one salary; $500+ CC spending for 5% rabte; bill payment for CC bill only).

any guru can advice if any better deal?

CrimsonP 06-03-2017 04:10 PM

good rates for funds till End of april ?

http://www.uob.com.sg/personal/promo...arly-bird.html

terms and condition :

http://www.uob.com.sg/assets/pdfs/pr...n-mar-2017.pdf

Nofear40 06-03-2017 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zumaba (Post 106723021)
Currently I have $60K with BOC Smart Save for 2.75%; and $80K for SCB e$aver for 1.28%.

I think this is the best combination comparing to other banks saving accounts like Maybank StepUp, UOB One etc., and for my case (one salary; $500+ CC spending for 5% rabte; bill payment for CC bill only).

any guru can advice if any better deal?

Going for maybank saveup at 3% for $50k and $60k in Citibank maxi gain

zumaba 06-03-2017 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nofear40 (Post 106731113)
Going for maybank saveup at 3% for $50k and $60k in Citibank maxi gain

Thanks. But I thought with considering of BOC's 5-7% rebate on $500 CC spending, its SmartSave still beats Maybank Saveup down? $50K vs $60K also no good, right?

Also for 3 "products", BOC's 3x bill payment is like no efforts while Maybank's $300 Outward GIRO need some special efforts?

Well, for Citibank maxi gain, you can only count on some good rates after 12 mth if to start now?

Nofear40 07-03-2017 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zumaba (Post 106732491)
Thanks. But I thought with considering of BOC's 5-7% rebate on $500 CC spending, its SmartSave still beats Maybank Saveup down? $50K vs $60K also no good, right?

Also for 3 "products", BOC's 3x bill payment is like no efforts while Maybank's $300 Outward GIRO need some special efforts?

Well, for Citibank maxi gain, you can only count on some good rates after 12 mth if to start now?


(BOC cc does not seem to have the recurring bill payment feature
Intend to put town council and telecommunications bill to Maybank cc, that will be easier for me to meet the $500 monthly spending criteria.
But I agree that BOC Family card is more attractive than Maybank platinum cc.
If your monthly tax payment is more than $300, will be able to meet the maybank $300 GIRO criteria.
At counter 11 this month. From next month onwards, assuming 1 month SIBOR at 0.7%, will be 1.76%. )

CoffeeStorm 07-03-2017 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by audiovideo (Post 106654798)
looks like may have to consider the short term endowment insurance plan

is it safe? "policy protected by SDIC"

Yes it is also covered under SDIC but on a different scheme with certain caps on the policy value etc. More info found on the SDIC website under Policy Owner's Protection Scheme.


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 04:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © SPH Magazines Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.