HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Lastest S$ Deposit updates - Part 3

Like Tree797Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2017, 11:56 PM   #826
Arch-Supremacy Member

the rates are comparable. just "gian" on the vouchers. Interest earned usually will not spend. voucher take already must spend
the other downside of uob last time is that because of the earmark 2 months, if you sign up late, your balance will only get board rate for the balance of the tail end of the earmarked period
cybercom8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 10:12 AM   #827

is it no frills FD?
must deposit funds into saving account
mdax23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 02:26 PM   #828
Master Member

Oh that same one!? Thanks!
Squaredot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 03:03 PM   #829
Master Member

Consumers should boycott those shady tactics for F.D. funds. So that the banks would stop their nonsense which is rather misleading for the not so informed, lowly educated persons & senior citizens.

Just sell the usual vanilla products lah, why must come up with all these patterns?

MAS, ABS also don't bother to take matters into their own hands, allowing confusion & miscommunication to affect the general public.
If you can't raise enough funds, then jolly well offer more attractive options lah. That is up the interest rates offered, instead of using gimmicks to lure ignorant depositors.
Really disappointed with their poor business ethics.

K202020K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 03:14 PM   #830
Master Member

Consumers should boycott those shady tactics for F.D. funds. So that the banks would stop their nonsense which is rather misleading for the not so informed, lowly educated persons & senior citizens.

Just sell the usual vanilla products lah, why must come up with all these patterns?

MAS, ABS also don't bother to take matters into their own hands, allowing confusion & miscommunication to affect the general public.
If you can't raise enough funds, then jolly well offer more attractive options lah. That is up the interest rates offered, instead of using gimmicks to lure ignorant depositors.
Really disappointed with their poor business ethics.
any example of shady tactics for FD?
tiertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 04:14 PM   #831
Master Member

any example of shady tactics for FD?
See below mentions :
Must tie up with another bank product etc. meaning unnecessary terms & conditions must be fulfilled
the other downside of uob last time is that because of the earmark 2 months, if you sign up late, your balance will only get board rate for the balance of the tail end of the earmarked period
Terms & conditions which benefited the issuing bank when the bank customer inadvertently overlooked a condition.

I recalled forum user, Sausage kena from POSB Bank promo, lost the promo benefits because of a technical error in funds transfer. Such things, as well as the hassles involved.

tiertime likes this.
K202020K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 06:24 PM   #832
Master Member

Hi,
anyone signed up for the UOB savings special promotion, deposit 100k fresh funds to receive 80 capitalvouchers?
may i know when will the earmarking be reflected in the system?
and the amount?

THANKS.
liverpoolz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 06:37 PM   #833
Supremacy Member

Hi,
anyone signed up for the UOB savings special promotion, deposit 100k fresh funds to receive 80 capitalvouchers?
may i know when will the earmarking be reflected in the system?
and the amount?

THANKS.
Did not sign up.
100k will be earmarked.

For earmarking to be reflected in the system will take a few days, which is not very relevant. More important is when does earmark end.

For that, just take earmark start date as the day u sign up and will stretch for full 2 months. If u join late, u will be "penalised" with just board level interest at the tail end.
liverpoolz likes this.
tmkedmw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 10:12 PM   #834

china bank r given better fd rate.
upon checking with the counter staff mini 20k
ICBC now 1 year 1.25%
BOC 1 year 1.25%
foxer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 10:59 PM   #835

Just got a message from my GE agent.

just released New 3 Year Endowment... SDIC protected 100k... guaranteed capital... death protection during this 3 year period 101%... guaranteed yield 2.05% P.A. (if you choose annual yield payout)... 2.07% P.A. (if accumulate)...

not selling anything... just passing on info I receive... Very Good ? Very Bad? Not Bad?... any skeptical views? ... any violent objections? ... any better alternatives?

PS: must be existing GE policyholder..
raysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 10:18 AM   #836

Did not sign up.
100k will be earmarked.

For earmarking to be reflected in the system will take a few days, which is not very relevant. More important is when does earmark end.

For that, just take earmark start date as the day u sign up and will stretch for full 2 months. If u join late, u will be "penalised" with just board level interest at the tail end.
yeah.. my funds were in on 8 sept friday. went to bank to sign a document on 9 sept saturday. was informed that the document will get process today or tomorrow 11/9 or 12/9. and they will call me to inform me when will the earmark end.. so effectively i will lose out on 12 days of interest. making this a 1.26% effective interest rate?
xdolphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 02:04 PM   #837

Just got a message from my GE agent.

just released New 3 Year Endowment... SDIC protected 100k... guaranteed capital... death protection during this 3 year period 101%... guaranteed yield 2.05% P.A. (if you choose annual yield payout)... 2.07% P.A. (if accumulate)...

not selling anything... just passing on info I receive... Very Good ? Very Bad? Not Bad?... any skeptical views? ... any violent objections? ... any better alternatives?

PS: must be existing GE policyholder..
What's the maximum and minimum?
singaporego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 05:08 PM   #838

What's the maximum and minimum?
Think it's 500k max.... min 50k... if my memory is correct... just out a few days ago...
raysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 07:57 PM   #839
Arch-Supremacy Member

Think it's 500k max.... min 50k... if my memory is correct... just out a few days ago...
Min $10k...
qhong61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 09:25 PM   #840
Supremacy Member

Will recommend this to people with low risk appetite.
Mr.Canberra is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.