Lastest S$ Deposit updates - Part 3

K202020K

Master Member
Reaction score
i tot its the other way round, they are always ahead of the rest...
哈哈 .... don't joke lah .... you mean CIMB's TDs have always been ahead of SBI & Bangkok Bank's .... I'm quite certain that they are also way behind that of even BOC & ICBC .... just ahead of MB & DBSUOBOCBC lah .... you just woke up from hibernation?

Buzy_bee

Reaction score
it's a great offer. 1.8% for 12 mth is as high as it has been since a few years back (1.9%).

unfortunately I only have free funds to use after 4 July when my TD matures (for another bank)... which will be past the end of this promotion... :\

Maybe they will extend

yongsaver

Reaction score
哈哈 .... don't joke lah .... you mean CIMB's TDs have always been ahead of SBI & Bangkok Bank's .... I'm quite certain that they are also way behind that of even BOC & ICBC .... just ahead of MB & DBSUOBOCBC lah .... you just woke up from hibernation?

really bro?..u go to a restaurant and is more interested in the utensils instead of how the food taste?...:s13:

hwarzoner

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wah 1.8%.

so can a person have multiple set of FD?
example today i place 20K for the 12 months FD
then tomorrow i place another 30K for the another 12 months FD

tiertime

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wah 1.8%.

so can a person have multiple set of FD?
example today i place 20K for the 12 months FD
then tomorrow i place another 30K for the another 12 months FD

Are there free gifts for opening different sets?
i dun understand why you want to seperate... :s11:

yongsaver

Reaction score
Are there free gifts for opening different sets?
i dun understand why you want to seperate... :s11:

ok la,..chut pattern,...as long as happy can liao. :s13:

for my case, it will be monthly placement...laddering. i.e. instead of one shot place in all, put in regularly so that one year later, there will be FDs that matures every month...passive income:D

merlot6230

Reaction score
immediately done liao - i dun understand why some other still like to discuss about other bank topic or wishy washy - grab when see opportunity to me.

1.8% is very straight forward to me - for my fund not going to touch for a year. Especially other bank still making those marketing trick to portray a higher fd rate but actually pathetic rate.

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any idea what happens if we terminate time deposit with only a few days left? Will the interest be prorated or much lesser?

Referring to ICBC

Update: called them over the phone and this sound-like-from-china-CSO said if terminate earlier, I will only get the normal savings rate for the whole period I put with them (which is 1 year minus 4 days if I terminate at end of June).

looks like can't ride on this 1.8% promotion unless they extend it somehow, or have to touch other funds (e.g. eSavers) :(

Last edited:

a4973

Master Member
Reaction score
referring to CIMB FD promo.
since the FD is to be placed via Internt banking, then it should be OK to use existing funds in my Fastsaver ac? read thru the Ts & Cs cant see anything about fresh funds?

K202020K

Master Member
Reaction score
since the FD is to be placed via Internt banking, then it should be OK to use existing funds in my Fastsaver ac? read thru the Ts & Cs cant see anything about fresh funds?
I received invitation from CIMB on that 1.8% promo .... basically, if must deploy fresh funds, the bank will put in upfront .... else it would be otherwise lah.

Sg_Stone

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks to all who advised that using cimb account is viable.. Gonna wait till last minute to place :)

Newmaxi

Reaction score

Yes. U just choose the debit and credit account

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.