Old 03-09-2019, 01:57 PM   #256
Master Member

Till age 65 multipay only aviva and is $1034/year

Got min premium for base for aviva
Thus
$110k death/tpd
$100k multipay
Before 5% perpectual discount $1177.40
Thanks! Can quote term 500k death/TPD with 100k multipay? Is it acc TPD?

Is there a difference between getting the multipay as a rider to the aviva term plan vs multipay plan as a stand alone plan?
keithwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 03:10 PM   #257

Thanks! Can quote term 500k death/TPD with 100k multipay? Is it acc TPD?

Is there a difference between getting the multipay as a rider to the aviva term plan vs multipay plan as a stand alone plan?
Give me awhile. Yes tpd is accelerated. Riders add on is usually cheaper compare to standalone.

$1514.35/year

Last edited by boredboiboi; 05-09-2019 at 05:33 PM..
boredboiboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 09:52 PM   #258

I check under manulife multipay. The 3 u mentioned, only cervical is excluded, the other 2 is covered. And i seen mostly ci covers breast cancer already.
Thanks, the thing is i donít know if AIA triple cover claim structure or tokio marine claim structure is better.

For AIA, you can make claims with 1 year waiting time between early stage and intermediate/advanced. Whereas tokio marine multicare splits the conditions into bigger groupings and made sure that you can only claim for conditions from different groupings. In this case, if you have complication from heart condition in early stage, u cannot make a second claim in this same category. Is this the correct undertanding?
jenn09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 09:57 PM   #259

Is the amount being covered. Some insurers are paying up to 9 times.
And out of it is when late stages strikes, the payout is 3x of sum insured and after that you are still being covered. And I would say the conditions being covered by AIA is lesser than most of the multipay CI in the market.
Old 04-09-2019, 10:00 PM   #260

Thanks, the thing is i donít know if AIA triple cover claim structure or tokio marine claim structure is better.

For AIA, you can make claims with 1 year waiting time between early stage and intermediate/advanced. Whereas tokio marine multicare splits the conditions into bigger groupings and made sure that you can only claim for conditions from different groupings. In this case, if you have complication from heart condition in early stage, u cannot make a second claim in this same category. Is this the correct undertanding?
Abit complicated. For manulife and aviva when your early stages advance to late stages, they will payout up to total 300%. Lets say early strike and u claim 100% and u advanced to late stage, you will be paid another 200%. Is this what u asking?
Old 04-09-2019, 11:35 PM   #261

If anyone knows about this, please feel free to voice out your opinion.

I give this scenario. An individual may have undergone artery by pass (considered as 1 critical illness) and then suffered some complications, which led to other heart related disease as a result. Tokio Marine's Multicare is structured in this manner, see page 4. They classify the conditions into 3 groups:
1. Cancers
2. Heart related conditions
3. Illnesses related to nervous system etc.

https://www.tokiomarine.com/content/...20Brochure.pdf

This means that you are unable to claim for these 2 conditions in the same category because it falls under heart conditions. But the good thing is there is no waiting time between the claims during early/intermediate stages. But if you look at Prudential or AIA, they assess based on individual critical illnesses. There is 1 year waiting time
Old 05-09-2019, 09:16 AM   #262

If anyone knows about this, please feel free to voice out your opinion.

I give this scenario. An individual may have undergone artery by pass (considered as 1 critical illness) and then suffered some complications, which led to other heart related disease as a result. Tokio Marine's Multicare is structured in this manner, see page 4. They classify the conditions into 3 groups:
1. Cancers
2. Heart related conditions
3. Illnesses related to nervous system etc.

https://www.tokiomarine.com/content/...20Brochure.pdf

This means that you are unable to claim for these 2 conditions in the same category because it falls under heart conditions. But the good thing is there is no waiting time between the claims during early/intermediate stages. But if you look at Prudential or AIA, they assess based on individual critical illnesses. There is 1 year waiting time
Only tokio marine? I will check and get you a better answer.
Old 05-09-2019, 11:42 AM   #263

Give me awhile. Yes tpd is accelerated. Riders add on is usually cheaper compare to standalone.

$1514.35/year before 5% perpetual discount
Accelerated meaning?
Old 05-09-2019, 11:50 AM   #264

Only tokio marine? I will check and get you a better answer.
I just check for prudential. If the conditions are related, the second claim is unabke to be made. However, for tokio marine, the list of conditions in the specific groups meant that we are unable to claim for second condition (totally unrelated to first condition) in the same group (cancers)
Old 05-09-2019, 12:25 PM   #265

I just check for prudential. If the conditions are related, the second claim is unabke to be made. However, for tokio marine, the list of conditions in the specific groups meant that we are unable to claim for second condition (totally unrelated to first condition) in the same group (cancers)
Will personally prefer to get ECI & CI riders instead of multipay, as usually there are some t&cs, and survival period to observe. Chances to get diagnosed with multiple CIs are rare, and high chance that the life assured will pass on before getting diagnose for the 2nd or 3rd CI, or even living pass the survival period.

Personally think a bigger Sum Assured for ECI or CI is better, if one can afford. One shot get the full sum paid out, and won't have to worry about the need to claim again or other issues (such as not being able to claim). With the payout, one can also decide to keep for future treatment, or spend to enjoy the last moment.

Above solely my personal opinion. Just as a reference, as others sure have differing preference too
moejoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 12:30 PM   #266

Accelerated meaning?
Means it will pay out from the base sum insured. Which means base of term plan is 100k and tpd 100k, tpd strike, 100k paid out and plan ends. But multipay eci is not accelerated for aviva, even base plan ends, the rider for multipay will continue.
Old 05-09-2019, 12:33 PM   #267

To add-on, most time it will be the same as having an exclusion. If the diagnosis are related, then chances for payout and claim will be slim.

As we all know, some CIs can easily lead to other illnesses. Insurers will usually insure themselves against all these, by having the clauses set up.

Btw, accelerated means after claim, the basic sum assured (usually for death) will be reduced by the amount claimed.
moejoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 01:49 PM   #268

If this is your concern, why dont get a higher single pay coverage and with the same premium of multipay , you can get higher coverage of single pay.
Old 11-09-2019, 05:35 PM   #269

Please quote for Male Non smoker, ANB 25.

Multipay CI/ECI 100K for Aviva/ManuLife/TokioMarine
- Upto Age 65/70/75
kjj389 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 06:09 PM   #270

Please quote for Male Non smoker, ANB 25.

Multipay CI/ECI 100K for Aviva/ManuLife/TokioMarine
- Upto Age 65/70/75
Not all have till 65/70
I quote below for whats available
Aviva
Till 65 $761/year
Till 70 $958/year
Till 75 $1141/year

Tokio marine
Till 70 $1027/year
Till 75 $1172/year

Manulife
Till 75 $1173.40
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.