HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Newbie Guide: How to Find a Good Agent for Investment & Insurance?

Like Tree97Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2018, 12:14 AM   #886

Just purchased InvestReady yesterday. However upon further reading of the BI, the first two years, they essentially reduced my premium to zero (effects of deduction) however subsequent year, the charges fell below 2% and so on.

Is this a good investment plan to begin with? The investment caters to my risk profile, and i have chosen 80% equity and 20% bond for a premium of 1k monthly for 20 years with free fund rebalancing (unlimited, FOC)

Hope to get an honest insight. Thnk youu

Last edited by colz000; 01-03-2018 at 12:39 AM..
colz000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 01:16 PM   #887

Just purchased InvestReady yesterday. However upon further reading of the BI, the first two years, they essentially reduced my premium to zero (effects of deduction) however subsequent year, the charges fell below 2% and so on.

Is this a good investment plan to begin with? The investment caters to my risk profile, and i have chosen 80% equity and 20% bond for a premium of 1k monthly for 20 years with free fund rebalancing (unlimited, FOC)

For InvestReady - Wealth only,
The best case scenario breakeven year will be at year 15 onwards,
There are Administrative charge of 0.7%/year, (up to 1.4%)
Supplementary charge of 1.8%/year, (up to 3.6%)
Surrender charge and premium shortfall charge decreasing from 100% to 5% from year 1 to 20, meaning you definitely have to hold more than 20 years;
and the respective funds management charges that you have chosen.

Manulife and relevant fund mangers have the rights to increase the charges with an advance written notice.

Taking into account TVOM, risk, all the fees and charges; and still able to earn the net returns that you are looking for, you can proceed with this.
yohjun likes this.

Hard work prevail.
mSnooze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 05:14 PM   #888

I want to know also?

how abt Great Eastern?
What are you actually looking for by comparing ?

Hard work prevail.
mSnooze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2018, 10:27 AM   #889

Anyone heard of or had experience with Kenneth Kam

Hi experts, I'm looking at investments and was recommended to this guy Kenneth Kam.

Anyone heard of him or had experience dealing with him?
jonleong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2018, 06:04 PM   #890

Pulsar or InvestReady is better? Any idea?
yohjun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2018, 06:06 PM   #891

Hi experts, I'm looking at investments and was recommended to this guy Kenneth Kam.

Anyone heard of him or had experience dealing with him?
Absolutely no idea. Is he some celebrity or something?
JuniorLion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2018, 06:07 PM   #892

Can you define what it means by better?
Old 25-03-2018, 07:43 PM   #893

If you dont understand investment, both are crap.
If you understand investment, do your own evaluation.
Old 26-03-2018, 11:02 AM   #894

Absolutely no idea. Is he some celebrity or something?
Apparently some successful Forex trader who is offering services with high returns. I was introduced to him by a friend and was just wondering if anyone had heard of him or had experience working with him.
jonleong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 05:59 PM   #895

I think you're looking at surrender value. For the first 2 years if you wish to take out your money, there's a 100% surrender charge, meaning you get 0 back in return. The surrender charges decreases year by year after the first 2 years, which is indicated in your BI.

The annual charge is 2.5%, deducted monthly, meaning ~0.2% every month from your units. After 10 years, the annual charge drops to 0.7%. The welcome bonus (of up to 90% depending on the tenure of the plan you got) will help to cushion this.

For your investment itself, it's a 100% allocation to the fund you chose. I'm not sure which fund you chose but if yours give a monthly dividend payout and is above 6-7% p.a return, then you should be receiving at least $60 (not counting bonuses) per month (or ~$720) in dividend payout if you choose not to reinvest.

Because I dont have the full details on the funds etc, this is all I can explain. Hope it's clearer for you now.
bella89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2018, 09:25 PM   #896

I got stopped by an insurance agent today and she tried to sell me a savings plan with a lock in period of 2 years promising 3% per annum. I told her I manage my own investments and proceeded to teach her about the the federal reserve's interest rates affects markets. I also told her about the market cycle and what risks you can expect from equities....

I really don't know why some of them are doing this while not knowing about the current landscape of at least the US and local markets.
Kyzers0ze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2018, 08:49 AM   #897
Arch-Supremacy Member

I got stopped by an insurance agent today and she tried to sell me a savings plan with a lock in period of 2 years promising 3% per annum. I told her I manage my own investments and proceeded to teach her about the the federal reserve's interest rates affects markets. I also told her about the market cycle and what risks you can expect from equities....

I really don't know why some of them are doing this while not knowing about the current landscape of at least the US and local markets.
agents are just sales pple. they have no investment nor financial knowledge

only thing that matter is how much commissions they will get at the end of the month
akwl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2018, 03:02 PM   #898
Arch-Supremacy Member

agents are just sales pple. they have no investment nor financial knowledge

only thing that matter is how much commissions they will get at the end of the month
Agreed, they hard match the title of ffinancial planner. A better name may be commissions planner.
cscs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:47 AM   #899

is aia wealth pro advantage or pruwealth better ? any kind soul can advise me ?
It depends whether you are a risk taker, if you are then aia wealth pro advantage is better because only half the outlay is guaranteed value, the rest are all invested into AIA funds and has non guaranteed cash value.
I personally has PRuwealth before wealth pro advantage came out, the budget can be one concern too, minimum for pruwealth is only 200 per month, shortest contribution period is 5 years, but for AIA WPA the shortest of 5 year require a 600 per month. So there are really too many things to consider whether its good or not.. unless u can state all your needs and purpose and risk appetite, pple can't advise on that.
annachua85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:28 AM   #900

Apparently some successful Forex trader who is offering services with high returns. I was introduced to him by a friend and was just wondering if anyone had heard of him or had experience working with him.
None of us know him.

Do your own due diligence. The conventional wisdom is not to go into something you don't know.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.