HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

OCBC Plus Saving Account application - Horrendous experience

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2019, 09:33 AM   #1

OCBC Plus Saving Account application - Horrendous experience

Beginning of May 19, I submitted the Plus Saving Account application form thru the mail. After 2 weeks did not received any acknowledgement, I submitted one more time and after more than a week without any news I called the hotline to check the status of my applications. Was told that they did not received both applications and was advised to apply at the branch. On 1st Jun, I visited the branch at Jurong Point SC and was told to fill in the same form and told to wait for further notice. Until today, I did not received any notification. Couple of days back, I wrote to OCBC facebook and the OCBC feedback website. I received calls telling me that they will check. I was wondering why all my applications went missing, is there a black hole in the system? Most frustrating thing is that, the application thru the branch also went missing. Why a simple account opening becomes such a complicated process? Hope someone can forward my complaint to the CEO and ask him to get someone who can process my application directly to assist. This is really a horrendous experience.

Last edited by ideatalk; 12-06-2019 at 09:38 AM..
ideatalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 09:38 AM   #2
High Supremacy Member

Learn to paragraph.
Old 12-06-2019, 09:53 AM   #3

Beginning of May 19, I submitted the Plus Saving Account application form thru the mail.
Why use paper application form?
Just use myinfo to open account online by using singpass.
Instant approval.
intime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 11:41 AM   #4
Featured Sponsor for Money Mind, EDMW

Beginning of May 19, I submitted the Plus Saving Account application form thru the mail. After 2 weeks did not received any acknowledgement, I submitted one more time and after more than a week without any news I called the hotline to check the status of my applications. Was told that they did not received both applications and was advised to apply at the branch. On 1st Jun, I visited the branch at Jurong Point SC and was told to fill in the same form and told to wait for further notice. Until today, I did not received any notification. Couple of days back, I wrote to OCBC facebook and the OCBC feedback website. I received calls telling me that they will check. I was wondering why all my applications went missing, is there a black hole in the system? Most frustrating thing is that, the application thru the branch also went missing. Why a simple account opening becomes such a complicated process? Hope someone can forward my complaint to the CEO and ask him to get someone who can process my application directly to assist. This is really a horrendous experience.
Hi ideatalk,

We apologise for the unpleasant service experience & will like to look into this matter urgently. Can you share your Bank registered contact number with us via private message?

Thank you.

^CC

OCBC Bank: Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
OCBC Bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 12:27 PM   #5
Supremacy Member

Can you share your Bank registered contact number with us via private message?
How do you plan to use this information?
BBCWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 06:17 PM   #6
Featured Sponsor for Money Mind, EDMW

How do you plan to use this information?
Hi BBCWatcher,

We require the contact details, to identify our customer & to retrieve his/her account information so that we can check on the application.

^CC

OCBC Bank: Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
OCBC Bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.