Options Trading in Singapore

IAmNiceify

Reaction score
any recommendations for option trading platform? If there are referrals i dont mind sharing the bonus for signing up.
I would suggest TDA for US option trading, at least you got a better UI and most importantly real time data. Alternatively you can try IBKR(option trading) and tiger(realtime data)<--thats what i currently using while waiting for TDA to approve my margin and option permission.

I open a cash account with the thoughts of trading CSP and CC, but who know cash account doesn't allow option and need apply separately. So far my experience with TDA was not bad, call and email got reply. Didn't contact IBKR SG before so dont have feedback for that.

halfnode

Reaction score
I would suggest TDA for US option trading, at least you got a better UI and most importantly real time data. Alternatively you can try IBKR(option trading) and tiger(realtime data)<--thats what i currently using while waiting for TDA to approve my margin and option permission.

I open a cash account with the thoughts of trading CSP and CC, but who know cash account doesn't allow option and need apply separately. So far my experience with TDA was not bad, call and email got reply. Didn't contact IBKR SG before so dont have feedback for that.
i guess i have to apply manually for them to approve cash trading of options haha based on criteria i'm not approved for the options account upfront.

Shiny Things

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
now i only use TWS, no market subscribe data. nvr use other platform before. just learning to start option recently and third official trade now (i do alot of nonsense tryout on paper accout to understand how enter or exit). my current statergy only using bull put/bear call or iron condor.

Is live price important for option trading?
Yep. You're going to want live prices for both the underlying and the options.

which platform is better TWS or TOS,
I personally use and like IBKR TWS; the times I've used ThinkOrSwim haven't been particularly great, but that's probably because I'm used to IBKR TWS, though it has a famously steep learning curve.

Inediblebulk

Reaction score
Yep. You're going to want live prices for both the underlying and the options.

You can have free live prices if you enable the underlying price column of the option. The underlying column is live even if you don't subscribe to live prices.

It worked for HKSE.

dao

Reaction score
You can have free live prices if you enable the underlying price column of the option. The underlying column is live even if you don't subscribe to live prices.

It worked for HKSE.
Where do you do that? In Option Chain?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.