HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Pay back CPF or HDB first?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-04-2018, 09:37 PM   #16
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yes sounds like a good deal, as my current monthly mortgage only about 500 plus, still got 21 years to go, current OA already accumulated for full payments, not sure if still worth for the switch...
luei74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2018, 09:59 PM   #17
Master Member

....not sure if still worth for the switch...
I'll take the Dyson vacuum cleaner if you don't want it.
BBCWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2018, 12:51 AM   #18

no charges. POSB absorb lawyer fee. and they also give me a Dyson vacuum cleaner.

the best thing is mthly instalment no need to be $2k to receive home loan rebates of $30 for wife and myself. so long repayment is above $1k both will get $30 each per month from POSB bonus savers
Fyi POSB requires 3 months notice in advance if you wish to redeem your housing loan early.

At the end of the loan period, you'll need to engage your own lawyer to write in to POSB for the redemption of your loan in order to collect your title deed. Else POSB charges $300/year to safe-keep for you.

HDB stores title deed for you for free at the end of the loan period. And you don't need to engage a lawyer to do the paperwork.

Some pointers to consider before into POSB housing loan.
coUguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2018, 12:12 PM   #19

actually my main aim is to get the POSB bonus savers (worth $60 for wife and myself). and there is 0.8% additional savings as well

4 year later than decide what to do. if rates shoot up substantially will pay off everything

That's a rather good deal as long as there's no penalty for accelerating repayment (most important) and as long as you can accept the risk the interest rate (after the fixed rate period) might shoot up above the alternative HDB loan rate.
Verbatin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2018, 02:01 PM   #20
Arch-Supremacy Member

no charges. POSB absorb lawyer fee. and they also give me a Dyson vacuum cleaner.

the best thing is mthly instalment no need to be $2k to receive home loan rebates of $30 for wife and myself. so long repayment is above $1k both will get $30 each per month from POSB bonus savers
200k loan can get dyson?
Old 17-04-2018, 07:20 PM   #21

oh it appears that now need $500k. when i apply that time my loan only $300k
and the interest has gone up a bit too

https://www.posb.com.sg/personal/pro...kHsg&gclsrc=ds
Verbatin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2018, 09:16 PM   #22

I'm inclined to think that freebies are usually unpopular items that need to be cleared, not to mention the hairdrying function only worth $50 at most.
Yachtmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2018, 09:48 PM   #23

I would think that paying off mortgage is straightforward lower risks of any bank interests costs and refinancing in future. Real estate is good asset to make profit.
bxang1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.