Poems new Cash acc. $6.88 fees.

Belle69

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Phillips Securities has a new Cash trading account which charges low fee of USD$6.88 for US markets.

Cheaper than online broker Saxo,TD,City Index and IB.

coolhead

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Phillips Securities has a new Cash trading account which charges low fee of USD$6.88 for US markets.

Cheaper than online broker Saxo,TD,City Index and IB.

depends on trading frequency.

Posted from PCWX using Redmi K20 Pro

Belle69

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
under 'Privilege' scheme is worth it.

Expect other Singapore broker to follow suit with similar?

Really kanna overcharged.

tangent314

Reaction score
If you qualify for privilege scheme, why would you not use IBKR?
Pretty weird to claim that this is cheaper than IBKR, when IBKR has a minimum commission of US$0.35 for US markets

BBCWatcher

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you qualify for privilege scheme, why would you not use IBKR?
Pretty weird to claim that this is cheaper than IBKR, when IBKR has a minimum commission of US$0.35 for US markets
"Privilege" status requires at least S$250,000 of assets. The commissions are dirt cheap for everyone at Interactive Brokers, but if you have US$100,000 of total account value then the US$10/month minimum commission is waived. And it's only a minimum commission, from which your normal commissions are first deducted before you pay anything above US$10.

Interactive Brokers also offers much lower London Stock Exchange commissions across the board.

makav31i

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I not a fan of shares custodian account.

All assets deposited or transacted through the Cash Plus Account will be held in custody with PSPL except for purchases funded using CPF/SRS moneys.

Corporate actions, such as dividends and rights subscriptions, will be processed in the Cash Plus Account. Accounts with multi-currency facility will receive cash dividends in the declared currency unless otherwise determined by the issuer/PSPL.

peppermint7

Master Member
Reaction score
Long ago when I sign up a joint acc. Im using cash acc. Lately I tried to sign up this cash acc as individual but the option is not there anymore. Instead I have a cash management acc open instead. My broker ask me to go to their office to sign a form to convert. He says now they're very strict and will not offer cash acc easily to anyone..

Im not sure what is the diff between cash and cash mgt acc

He only told me they're not the same.
(I only trade local shares)

Last edited:

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Long ago when I sign up a joint acc. Im using cash acc. Lately I tried to sign up this cash acc as individual but the option is not there anymore. Instead I have a cash management acc open instead. My broker ask me to go to their office to sign a form to convert. He says now they're very strict and will not offer cash acc easily to anyone..

Oh, I didn’t know there is a Poems thread haha.

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

You can go to this website to see the difference.
http://sgwealthseminar.com/gettingstarted/

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I did a search then found it :p

Apparently my existing joint cash acc will deduct from my bank T+3

Im not sure about cash management acc though

Cash plus acc can do margin, which I don’t want. So the staff at Poems ask me to choose Cash Management acc.

peppermint7

Master Member
Reaction score
You can go to this website to see the difference.
http://sgwealthseminar.com/gettingstarted/

Cash management seems the same as the current cash acc I have
Not sure why he needs me to sign forms to convert. I'll ask him when I meet him.

Mine is not cash plus. Mine is only cash acc which he says now not available anymore.. cos u mention u also just return after 10 years. So I tot u have the same outdated acc as me :s13:

Last edited:

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cash management seems the same as the current cash acc I have
Not sure why he needs me to sign forms to convert. I'll ask him when I meet him.

Mine is not cash plus. Mine is only cash acc which he says now not available anymore.. cos u mention u also just return after 10 years. So I tot u have the same outdated acc as me :s13:

I forgotten my CDP and Poems acc, so I re-open a new acc. Everything start new.

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Chat tomorrow. Need to do research of picking new stock and update my stocks planning.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.