HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Is it possible to make CPF as a 2nd source of passive (income) after age 55....

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-05-2019, 01:16 AM   #166

Thanks man. This CPF really many patterns to study. It can be offered as a degree study with multiple specialization streams.
Once you fully understand how all the pattern work..you can write a thesis for your master-degree.
iMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2019, 08:11 AM   #167
Arch-Supremacy Member

Once you fully understand how all the pattern work..you can write a thesis for your master-degree.
No I would rather write a book and market it, if there is a good demand
henrylbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2019, 08:58 AM   #168
SBC
Supremacy Member

Like it or not, many civil servants are working behind the cpf various schemes.
Wonder how many scholars and ex-general.

Not to include front-end staff huh.
SBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2019, 09:15 AM   #169

I Guess the front-end Staff are getting most of the flak.
terence2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2019, 10:13 AM   #170

No I would rather write a book and market it, if there is a good demand
Not a good idea as your book will get outdated very fast. Unless you have plan to release 2nd, 3rd, 4th... edition every one or two years.
limchooc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2019, 10:18 AM   #171

Thanks man. This CPF really many patterns to study. It can be offered as a degree study with multiple specialization streams.
I have to admit that I have never ever get to fully understand all the patterns. Reading some of the posting and comment on this forum sometime make me even more confuse. May be I need a PhD to understand all the patterns.
limchooc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2019, 10:42 AM   #172

if i top up till ers then before 65 decided i only wn frs leh?
You can't go back to FRS directly. You may be able to go around it by opting for BRS and then topping back up to FRS after that. No idea if that will work and how that will work. Generally, opting for BRS at any point of time is a bad idea anyway so it's not something I've looked much into.

I have to admit that I have never ever get to fully understand all the patterns. Reading some of the posting and comment on this forum sometime make me even more confuse. May be I need a PhD to understand all the patterns.
Most people will do fine sticking with the defaults. The only extras worth doing is SA topups, SA shielding and RA top up to ERS. Trying to do anything else is not something I would recommend, so there really isn't that much of a need to study the whole thing.

Last edited by tangent314; 16-05-2019 at 11:20 AM..
tangent314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2019, 11:06 AM   #173

Oh no, I start thinking about NOL, SPH, SMRT, ...

romeo88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2019, 02:15 PM   #174

if i top up till ers then before 65 decided i only wn frs leh?
You can consider to top up after your first payout to ERS also, this top-up will not be subjected to LIF premium.
kelhot2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2019, 09:57 PM   #175

Most people will do fine sticking with the defaults. The only extras worth doing is SA topups, SA shielding and RA top up to ERS. Trying to do anything else is not something I would recommend, so there really isn't that much of a need to study the whole thing.
Thanks man. U got a point there. Should focus on the 3 important points u mentioned above.
Project_Xco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2019, 10:37 PM   #176
Arch-Supremacy Member

What are the benefits for RA top up to ERS besides getting higher monthly payout?
kerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2019, 11:16 PM   #177

What are the benefits for RA top up to ERS besides getting higher monthly payout?
Nothing, except higher monthly payout,but I can tell you the bad about ERS, you risk losing higher amount to the LIF funds if you pass on at the wrong age
kelhot2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2019, 11:42 PM   #178
Arch-Supremacy Member

Nothing, except higher monthly payout,but I can tell you the bad about ERS, you risk losing higher amount to the LIF funds if you pass on at the wrong age
Show numbers to support why you think ERS is bad compare to FRS, if not BRS
Old 17-05-2019, 12:20 AM   #179

While not perfect, CPF Life is the best annuity plan available, and annuity plans are the best way to ensure a lifelong income while keeping premium low, so it makes sense to maximize the utilization.
tangent314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2019, 05:00 AM   #180
Arch-Supremacy Member

While not perfect, CPF Life is the best annuity plan available, and annuity plans are the best way to ensure a lifelong income while keeping premium low, so it makes sense to maximize the utilization.
Best plan doesn't mean all would go for, unless forced to. Neither does cheap plan attracts all to buy.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.