Premium/Privilege Banking - any experience/suggestions?

Shiny Things

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
As long as you are dbs treasures member, is it true that you can use the lounge at the airport? Or are there any criteria to use it?

Are there lounges in airport for other banks too?

Nah - last I checked, the lounge was only open to Treasures Private Client members, and the cutoff for that is $1.5mio.

sebastgt

Reaction score
Are there lounges in airport for other banks too?

You need not be a Premier/Priority banking member to get access to airport lounges. There are easier ways. Just need to apply for DBS Altitude or CitiPremiermiles or ANZ Travel credit card to get free access.

Lord Hokage

Master Member
Reaction score
i understand both SCB and DBS allows use of shares to form part of aum, just to check is it possible to just transfer existing holding in CDP over to form AUM?

mrohaha

Reaction score
You need not be a Premier/Priority banking member to get access to airport lounges. There are easier ways. Just need to apply for DBS Altitude or CitiPremiermiles or ANZ Travel credit card to get free access.

DBS Altitude and Citi Premiermiles both gives 2 complimentary passes a year. It will be better if it gives more.

bazingaman

Reaction score
yes for dbs, scb should be yes ,i think

Yes. Both does. Especially SCB loves it so they can 'lend' shares for short term :)

Coming to the experience, I was with DBS and recently SCB. Honestly DBS is much more matured and systematic. SCB is really new to this and the offerings are horrible. Just imagine, it took more than 3 months to get VI card and with a typo on it.

RM's are more humble, listen to you and not pushy in SCB. Probably they are learning the trade. DBS is much more aggressive, and up to the point (which i like).

End of the day, priority banking or non-priority the diff is really minimal. There is/are no *real benefits, or access to exclusive instruments etc. Unless you are a AI which opens diff kind of investments.

neanea

Master Member
Reaction score
considering between UOB, DBS and SCB any recommendations? DBS now apparently has a promotion if you open a privilege account and deposit 250k you get 1.2k taka voucher.

is this promotion still on? whats the rate for 250K ?

hwarzoner

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
new promotion for new DBS treasures customers can now deposit SG150K or SG300K to receive 15K or 40K krisflyer points.

not sure wanna sign up or not.:o

not sure does it means they lower the requirement , i understand last time is min 350K??

wondrdoggie

Reaction score
I have UOB and DBS priority. Frankly quite useless. Only benefit is you have dedicated queue at branches so no need to wait too long.

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have UOB and DBS priority. Frankly quite useless. Only benefit is you have dedicated queue at branches so no need to wait too long.

UOB comes with Visa Signature with lifetime fee waiver and opportunity to be invited for Visa Infinite but no auto-waiver for Infinite.

For me, free card is always better, and from the VI thread, not much benefits for a very high subscription....

bazingaman

Reaction score
new promotion for new DBS treasures customers can now deposit SG150K or SG300K to receive 15K or 40K krisflyer points.

not sure wanna sign up or not.:o

not sure does it means they lower the requirement , i understand last time is min 350K??

;) Not reduced and still the same. AUM -350k, but cash can be 150k or 300k.

stiwipl

Reaction score
so now deposit 150k can get dbs treasure?

Good question. Last time I checked the requirement was 200k, now it seems 150k.

There are no benefits of DBS Treasures as far as I can see except visa treasury debit card that enjoys free ATM withdrawals worldwide and perhaps free Amex Black credit card. Even Telegraphic transfer fees are the same.

bazingaman

Reaction score
At 150-200k range, which bank is the best? thinking about getting into one of these.

honestly, PB is just another name. 150K is only ANZ, Rest are 200K or 350K.

200K - OCBC, CITI, StanChart, May etc.
350K - UOB, DBS.

Out of these, DBS got much more experienced RM's, and atleast the 'systems' works as expected. i.e. you'll get a welcome, clear guidelines, all the info.
Stanchart benefits seems to be the best among all but it's really messy. RMs are little experienced and CMI.

Rest - no personal experience but heard CITI brings you lot more 'alternative investments' with 100k min. i.e. offshore investments etc.

From risk point of view, I like DBS or OCBC :)

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Rest - no personal experience but heard CITI brings you lot more 'alternative investments' with 100k min. i.e. offshore investments etc.

In order for Citi to sell you "offshore" investment, you have to be an accredited investor with minimum $350k p.a. income.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.