Pru Lifetime Income and Pru Life Multiplier Flex

Sausage

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But I really didn't see the BI until I got it in the mail! So I wonder what happened there. I know they are 2 sets of separate documents. Anyway I am definitely not proceeding with this... The bank RM still is smsing me asking to meet me this weekend so she can answer my earlier questions about how the plan doesn't look good anymore if the nonguaranteed portion is left out, etc. and trying to convince me to sign up.

But I'm more interested in hearing them explain why there was an attempted debit when they said the application is still on hold.

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX using GAGT

soneat

Reaction score
But I really didn't see the BI until I got it in the mail! So I wonder what happened there. I know they are 2 sets of separate documents. Anyway I am definitely not proceeding with this... The bank RM still is smsing me asking to meet me this weekend so she can answer my earlier questions about how the plan doesn't look good anymore if the nonguaranteed portion is left out, etc. and trying to convince me to sign up.

But I'm more interested in hearing them explain why there was an attempted debit when they said the application is still on hold.

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX using GAGT
In the first place, you shouldn't have signed anything. Banks RM generally are very pushy. Technically, as long as they have your signature on the proposal form and NRIC, it is sufficient to submit it as an application, though the compliance team at the insurer side may raise an eyebrow. For most insurer, the proposal form, policy contract, policy schedule and any endorsement forms the basis of the legally binding contract. Stuffs like BI and those know your client documentation are never part of the contract.

Mancunian2

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Both bank RM and Pru agent are both salesman so why do you think the bank RM should not have aided the Pru agent?

Signing on a tablet is a big NO NO for me and till today I always insist on paper-only.

If I were you, I will "bang" table and request to speak to their manager and ask them to show the original copy of the proposal form - to see if it has been "modified" in any form. I will also terminate all R/S with SCB.
SCB RMs kept calling me even after I said not interested

after a few calls, I made appointments with them twice and didn't turn up

they never called me again :)

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
BI must be signed one. There is definitely misconduct here and the bank RM is non compliant to MAS rules. You have a case if you want to complain.

Yes, need to sign on every page

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.