PruCash losing money?

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Plus he states that all insurance policies suck, which clearly isn't true. So very emotional reasons.

Endowment policies suck generally.

Whole Life policies are debatable because of the higher insurance coverage + savings portion.

I did share my own experience with POSB Invest Saver in the other thread.

Instead of putting $300 into an endowment plan, I put the money into STI ETF.

Here are the numbers.

Months 36
Total Invested $10,800.00
XIRR 6.16%
Total Dividends $596.97
Market Value $11,106.12 (25/Jul)

+ You can choose to "surrender" this plan any time
+ You see good returns after a few years
+ Regular savings plan like an endowment plan. ie You pay monthly
+ Low cost and ~100% invested from the 1st payment

- Without riders and insurance coverage

Last edited:

LexusIS

Reaction score
q7qdjvu.jpg

This my previous BI. Getting prudential to generate a new one with their recent revision. Will share once I get it

But seriously just avoid Prudential and save yourself the heartache. Really regret buying their life and prucash.

boredboiboi

Master Member
Reaction score
q7qdjvu.jpg

This my previous BI. Getting prudential to generate a new one with their recent revision. Will share once I get it

But seriously just avoid Prudential and save yourself the heartache. Really regret buying their life and prucash.

Did u take out the coupons?

LexusIS

Reaction score
Plus he states that all insurance policies suck, which clearly isn't true. So very emotional reasons.

Edit: Can't merge post, did a double post by mistake oopsie :(

My GE life insurance doing quite well surprisingly. And I hear of ppl buying Tokio and Income generally happy too.

But so far I seldom hear of anyone buying prudential happy with their returns. Not sure if all these prudential agents or bank staff will even buy prudential insurance for themselves or family.

LexusIS

Reaction score
My Prucash in the final year liao (Next year maturing), still haven't broken even.

Better buy similiar product like Income Revo (Which I also have). My two Revo now both in 13 year. Both broke even liao.

Same lousy feeling on Prucash. :sad:

But good luck and hopefully u will get good returns by next. Do share yeah ........

Lewis.T

Reaction score
Endowment policies suck generally.

Whole Life policies are debatable because of the higher insurance coverage + savings portion.

I did share my own experience with POSB Invest Saver in the other thread.

Instead of putting $300 into an endowment plan, I put the money into STI ETF.

Here are the numbers.

Months 36
Total Invested $10,800.00
XIRR 6.16%
Total Dividends $596.97
Market Value $11,106.12 (25/Jul)

+ You can choose to "surrender" this plan any time
+ You see good returns after a few years
+ Regular savings plan like an endowment plan. ie You pay monthly
+ Low cost and ~100% invested from the 1st payment

- Without riders and insurance coverage

Clearly there are drawbacks you aren't mentioning.

Every financial decision comes with their pros and cons. Some cons may be weighed more heavily by you and lesser by others. For example what about risk adverse people with a 10 year time frame? Would STI ETF be good for them then? How about 5 years?

A choice can be clearly superior for yourself, but I wouldn't recommend you start speaking for others as well, much less touting how one product is better than the other without mentioning the drawbacks.

We are all in this forum to inform, not selectively inform. And please remember I'm not saying endowments are better either. They each have their time and place.

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A choice can be clearly superior for yourself, but I wouldn't recommend you start speaking for others as well, much less touting how one product is better than the other without mentioning the drawbacks.

We are all in this forum to inform, not selectively inform. And please remember I'm not saying endowments are better either. They each have their time and place.

That is what a forum is all about. I am just offering my perspectives from someone who is neutral and not a salesman.

If you don't come into this forum, I doubt people will learn about index investing, IWDA or STI ETF.

HWZ1973

Master Member
Reaction score
So far not much bad reviews on PRUwealth, is this better then PRUcash and PRUflexi policies?

LexusIS

Reaction score
So far not much bad reviews on PRUwealth, is this better then PRUcash and PRUflexi policies?

Not sure about the product, but it is the same provider though that we are complaining about. So just take note.

Maybe you can look at Income and Tokio for comparison first before you decide. If not 10 years down the road you will be here complaining like us. Lol

Lewis.T

Reaction score

Pruwealth has no cashback feature so this policy gives a better return. They don't function the same way so aren't really comparable.

boredboiboi

Master Member
Reaction score

Pruwealth is not bad but there are similar plan in the market with higher guaranteed value. For pruwealth guaranteed capital is 20 years for example while another guaranteed capital on year 15

maple96

Reaction score
Clearly there are drawbacks you aren't mentioning.

Every financial decision comes with their pros and cons. Some cons may be weighed more heavily by you and lesser by others. For example what about risk adverse people with a 10 year time frame? Would STI ETF be good for them then? How about 5 years?

In a bull or uptrend market, people will make so can boast about it. As u said it right, what about 10 or 20 years later as investment is for long term!

HWZ1973

Master Member
Reaction score
Pruwealth has no cashback feature so this policy gives a better return. They don't function the same way so aren't really comparable.

Pruwealth is not bad but there are similar plan in the market with higher guaranteed value. For pruwealth guaranteed capital is 20 years for example while another guaranteed capital on year 15

Ok, thank you both!

Guess this plan is not the greatest but since bought already will keep then.

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In a bull or uptrend market, people will make so can boast about it. As u said it right, what about 10 or 20 years later as investment is for long term!

Don't worry.

10-20 years later I will come back and share the numbers again.

tangent314

Reaction score
I find it really hard to ever recommend purchasing any PAR fund plans anymore after looking at the latest prudential report stating that the TER of the PAR fund is ~3%

LionPlushie

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I find it really hard to ever recommend purchasing any PAR fund plans anymore after looking at the latest prudential report stating that the TER of the PAR fund is ~3%

that's not really good is it?

but sian i also bought already. i think mine already in the 3rd year liao.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.