PruCash losing money?

SBC

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
surrender value this year less surrender value last year less premium for the year then divided by total premiums paid

This is a simple calculation for reference. A more common reference shall be XIRR or CAGR.

LexusIS

Reaction score
Gosh my PruCash policy bought 16 yrs ago has not broken even yet omg. (Paid $19737 and only $17k+ surrender value) :mad:

Another 9 years to go. :slant:

Pru really got one of the suckiest saving policy and I was told by agent this is a flexible saving plan..... haiz

Anyone hit their maturity yet and gotten back their money?

Last edited:

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Gosh my PruCash policy bought 16 yrs ago has not broken even yet omg. (Paid $19737 and only $17k+ surrender value) :mad:

Pru really got one of the suckiest saving policy and I was told by agent this is a flexible saving plan..... haiz

I dont have PruCash, but have PruSave & PruAsset policies. Yes, Pru plans take a very long time to see some results

For each of my policy, I compute the IRR for each year going forward until maturity, based on the projected values from Revised Benefit Illustrations.

I am prepared to surrender my policies when they achieve IRR of 2.5% pa ,,, depending on the type of policy, this could happen as early as Year 17 or as late as Year 26 :(

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

wow, rare to find almost the same situation as myself. also bought 16 years ago (2003) and maturing in 2028.

did you leave your dividends inside to earn interest? at least I can see the cash dividends piling up nicely. as for the matured sum, it has not yet recovered to the amount initially forecasted.

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score

Endowments plan are like this.

Think PruFlexiCash even worse.

tangent314

Reaction score

Did you take any of the cash payout?

JuniorLion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Pru plans are sucky.

SBC

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Having a PruflexiCash series 6 about 7 years ago.

Paying 1k per month. Should I terminate this?

LexusIS

Reaction score
Did you take any of the cash payout?

No leh didn’t take any cash payout. That’s why wondering why this policy so lousy. Sucky

VBBK4XM.jpg

Last edited:

akwl88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ur IRR is about -1+%

put in posb bank for 16yrs can generate even more compounded return

kenna conned for so long

LexusIS

Reaction score
ur IRR is about -1+%

put in posb bank for 16yrs can generate even more compounded return

kenna conned for so long

Yeah so warning bros here please avoid prudential policies especially Prucash. Really sucky :(

havetheveryfun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No leh didn’t take any cash payout. That’s why wondering why this policy so lousy. Sucky

if u wonder, just add some prudential agents on fb... see how much they talk about their incentive trips and so on.. thats where all your money went

soneat

Reaction score
Yeah so warning bros here please avoid prudential policies especially Prucash. Really sucky :(

This product has been sold for about 3 decades. As long as there are people who blindly buy products, this product will continue to be sold.

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I think I bought around same time with you.

But I cut loss early less than 5 years.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.