HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Regular Savings Plans -

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By talkonly

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-06-2019, 06:17 PM   #1

Regular Savings Plans -

What do you all think of those regular saving plans, offered by ocbc, dbs and I think philipcapital?

Anyone investing in this plan? Can share a bit more?
power_range is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2019, 06:19 PM   #2
Master Member

All trash. Invest first your time in reading and getting yourself a basic financial education. Stay away from anything with the word “trading” in it. then invest yourself according to your own timeframe, goals and capital.
joshua182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2019, 07:23 PM   #3
Arch-Supremacy Member

All trash. Invest first your time in reading and getting yourself a basic financial education. Stay away from anything with the word “trading” in it. then invest yourself according to your own timeframe, goals and capital.
So buying STI ETF through POSB Invest Saver, OCBC Blue Chip Investment Plan and POEMS Share Builder Plan are trash...?Really interested to see your stock picking recommendations...
makav31i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2019, 07:29 PM   #4
Arch-Supremacy Member

What do you all think of those regular saving plans, offered by ocbc, dbs and I think philipcapital?

Anyone investing in this plan? Can share a bit more?
POSB Invest Saver
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/s...09151-222.html

OCBC BCIP
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/s...271264-30.html

Don't think there is a dedicated thread on POEMS SBP.. The fees alone is too high for POEMS... Depending on the amount invested it might be cheaper to buy using POSB or OCBC rather than buying it yourself...
Old 13-06-2019, 07:42 PM   #5

Yea, I think they did mention the fees are lower and there is dollar averaging thing ... so the risk is being better managed...

But it seems like not many people are buying?
Old 13-06-2019, 08:20 PM   #6
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yea, I think they did mention the fees are lower and there is dollar averaging thing ... so the risk is being better managed...

But it seems like not many people are buying?
Quite a number of people I know personally are buying it...Just that they do not post actively here...
Old 13-06-2019, 08:28 PM   #7

Quite a number of people I know personally are buying it...Just that they do not post actively here...
Any idea if they are happy with their plans?
They recommended ETFs, as a starting point.
Maybe that one is safest, that’s why.
Old 14-06-2019, 07:27 AM   #8
Arch-Supremacy Member

Any idea if they are happy with their plans?
They recommended ETFs, as a starting point.
Maybe that one is safest, that’s why.
So far so good...Nobody really complain about it...I must say it is a good starting point for you to get your feet wet in investing...
Old 14-06-2019, 07:53 AM   #9

I also started with STI ETF with POSB. I think not too bad as it forces you to set aside money for basic investment to ride on STI growth. Better than insurance savings plan in my opinion.
CWL84 likes this.
talkonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2019, 08:19 AM   #10

I'm investing through the POSB invest saver as well. No complains so far. If you are looking to learn more about ETF investing, you can also go over to Shiny Things club thread: https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/m...a-5813566.html
CWL84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2019, 08:56 AM   #11

I am investing 1k per month through posb is . Satisfied customer although I would have loved to receive paylah cashback which for some unknown reason I don't receive anymore .

With this automated investment plan, I have now come to really appreciate power of automated investments. No more tracking , no more decision making every month. With ibkr iwda I always feel while investing should I wait till next week, should I wait for Trump to tweet sth . In the long run, this has resulted in me investing less than my capacity, lesser returns, and also the increased associated stress of decision making .

So I see 8.2 dollars pm as the fee to be free from all above problems.
blue_denim24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2019, 10:56 AM   #12

Do share how you came to the conclusion that that DCA is trash.
Old 14-06-2019, 11:05 AM   #13
High Supremacy Member

I am investing 1k per month through posb is . Satisfied customer although I would have loved to receive paylah cashback which for some unknown reason I don't receive anymore .

With this automated investment plan, I have now come to really appreciate power of automated investments. No more tracking , no more decision making every month. With ibkr iwda I always feel while investing should I wait till next week, should I wait for Trump to tweet sth . In the long run, this has resulted in me investing less than my capacity, lesser returns, and also the increased associated stress of decision making .

So I see 8.2 dollars pm as the fee to be free from all above problems.
Should cut out those noise if you are aiming for long term.
Prof. Utonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2019, 06:08 PM   #14
Master Member

oh dear my bad.. i misread.. i tot ts was talking abt those rubbish insurance plus investment thingys.
joshua182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2019, 06:27 PM   #15

I'm on posb IS (g3b) also. $500/m for me. So far so good
Thoreldan is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.