HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Roboadvisor: Stashaway vs Smartly Performance

Like Tree27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2018, 08:57 PM   #16

Smart alec, how about comparing this robo to some low but positive basic bank account interest rates even at 0.1%?

My question is HOW does this robo thing benefit us which u have not proven so far

Posb has a reputation, sti etf has a track record. Trust is there. But we are new to this robo thing with no track record, all I know is they have MAS license. Not very sure how good it is to put recurring investments over 20-30 yrs

Same time frame? Hold on let me pull my records for Jan to Mar 2018 for POSB Invest Saver...

Jan 2018 - Average price with fees $3.577
Feb 2018 - Average price with fees $3.572
Mar 2018 - Average price with fees $3.626

If anyone were to sell it today, price per unit is $3.487...

So anyone who invested with POSB Invest Saver since January 2018 is down 2.897%...

Last edited by Kixon9; 07-04-2018 at 09:03 PM..
Kixon9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 10:05 PM   #17
Arch-Supremacy Member

Smart alec, how about comparing this robo to some low but positive basic bank account interest rates even at 0.1%?

My question is HOW does this robo thing benefit us which u have not proven so far

Posb has a reputation, sti etf has a track record. Trust is there. But we are new to this robo thing with no track record, all I know is they have MAS license. Not very sure how good it is to put recurring investments over 20-30 yrs
Please do not be a liar, you asked this...

Not expecting profit from day one but how better is this robo thing compare to POSB investsaver that put in STI ETF monthly also at 1% or less?
When the answer based on facts contradict your thoughts, immediately flip prata and said this...

This "robo thing" benefit people who can invest regularly or as and when they want on a small sum who wanted to invest in the USA on a fuss-free solution like POSB Invest Saver...

You think the robo-advisors invest in what? Look up the USA listed ETF purchased by the Robo-advisors....Please tell me if someone who is willing to invest $50-100 in USA ETF a month, how are they going to do it?

The only other alternative I can think of is Maybank Kim Eng Monthly Investment Plan if you want to purchase USA ETF in a fuss-free solution like POSB Invest Saver...

The Robo Advisor not only purchase USA listed equities, they also purchase bonds and will help to rebalance your portfolio should the percentage deviate...

In the case of Smartly and Stashaway, you are able to hold fractions of a share...

If you want to compare the track record, just look up which ETF the Robo-advisors are buying and the weightage distribution of the Equities, Bonds and GLD ETF...

If you are even more worried, go with Autowealth which open a Saxo Capital account for you and the shares will be held in your Saxo Capital account... Smartly and Stashaway are holding your shares on their Saxo Capital account as they distribute to you in fractions of a share unlike Autowealth...
makav31i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 06:18 PM   #18

I asked an honest question, not here to argue with you. Really don't need sacasm from a random spiteful? stranger with no substance. Seriously move along dude

Please do not be a liar, you asked this...

When the answer based on facts contradict your thoughts, immediately flip prata and said this...

This "robo thing" benefit people who can invest regularly or as and when they want on a small sum who wanted to invest in the USA on a fuss-free solution like POSB Invest Saver...

You think the robo-advisors invest in what? Look up the USA listed ETF purchased by the Robo-advisors....Please tell me if someone who is willing to invest $50-100 in USA ETF a month, how are they going to do it?

The only other alternative I can think of is Maybank Kim Eng Monthly Investment Plan if you want to purchase USA ETF in a fuss-free solution like POSB Invest Saver...

The Robo Advisor not only purchase USA listed equities, they also purchase bonds and will help to rebalance your portfolio should the percentage deviate...

In the case of Smartly and Stashaway, you are able to hold fractions of a share...

If you want to compare the track record, just look up which ETF the Robo-advisors are buying and the weightage distribution of the Equities, Bonds and GLD ETF...

If you are even more worried, go with Autowealth which open a Saxo Capital account for you and the shares will be held in your Saxo Capital account... Smartly and Stashaway are holding your shares on their Saxo Capital account as they distribute to you in fractions of a share unlike Autowealth...
Old 08-04-2018, 06:54 PM   #19
Arch-Supremacy Member

I asked an honest question, not here to argue with you. Really don't need sacasm from a random spiteful? stranger with no substance. Seriously move along dude
This got to be the most funniest post in the money mind forum in all my years here... I have to move along because you feel butthurt that facts and numbers contradict your ideas?

Who is the childish one here who started with the name calling and outright lying when facts contradict your own thoughts?

Go read up the POSB Invest Saver when it first came out and a lot of people like you keep shooting down POSB Invest Saver and comparing it to DIY and etc...Look at who have been posting about POSB Invest Saver since 2013 when you are not even a member of this forum yet...

Learn to grow up and learn a bit of humility..

Last edited by makav31i; 08-04-2018 at 07:11 PM..
Old 09-04-2018, 12:11 AM   #20

I think u are the wierdest person in this forum. U sound very spiteful and full of vengeance that holds u up to engage in any meaningful discussion.

Ok u win.

This got to be the most funniest post in the money mind forum in all my years here... I have to move along because you feel butthurt that facts and numbers contradict your ideas?

Who is the childish one here who started with the name calling and outright lying when facts contradict your own thoughts?

Go read up the POSB Invest Saver when it first came out and a lot of people like you keep shooting down POSB Invest Saver and comparing it to DIY and etc...Look at who have been posting about POSB Invest Saver since 2013 when you are not even a member of this forum yet...

Learn to grow up and learn a bit of humility..

Last edited by Kixon9; 09-04-2018 at 12:17 AM..
Old 09-04-2018, 06:38 AM   #21
Arch-Supremacy Member

I think u are the wierdest person in this forum. U sound very spiteful and full of vengeance that holds u up to engage in any meaningful discussion.

Ok u win.
Takes a kettle to call a pot black...A hypocrite will always be a hypocrite...If I'm the weirdest, you are just as weird...

Just because you don't like Robo-advisors, you go into a thread that someone shared his or her own opinion to insult others for sharing with other fellow members to let them see how it performs...

You should honestly consult a doctor, a shrink or a psychiatrist as you clearly got something lose in the brain to start labeling people "spiteful and full of vengeance" just because you got self-pawned when you tried to side track a legitimate thread in money mind sub-forum regarding someone's real experience with it...

If you were serious about asking about Robo-advisors, you would have replied about the points that was raised by me about the "benefits" of robo-advisors which a liar like you did not even addresse even once but instead choose the path of name-calling and insults...

Not gonna feed this troll anymore...

Last edited by makav31i; 09-04-2018 at 06:55 AM..
Old 09-04-2018, 07:39 AM   #22
Supremacy Member

Ok u win.
I read your question. makav31i was answering your question.

Don't troll.
limster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 07:42 AM   #23
Supremacy Member

Ok u win.

Posb Investsaver, which only invests in the Singapore market, has a lot more risk than an internationally diversified portfolio. YTD POSB investsaver/STI ETF is negative is a fact. If you are not happy with the facts, then ....
limster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 08:25 AM   #24

Posb Investsaver, which only invests in the Singapore market, has a lot more risk than an internationally diversified portfolio. YTD POSB investsaver/STI ETF is negative is a fact. If you are not happy with the facts, then ....
My question was how does RoBo benefit us when the past 4 months was operating at a loss, and how does it compare with UT in long run without a track record, and how does it compare to POSB investsaver given the same costs of 0.8% to 1%. All these are honest questions, but makavi viewed them as an attack to his favorite pet. This forum is wierd, well hopefully just him

If u are going to be hostile then no need to reply. Not here to debate. Thanks

Last edited by Kixon9; 09-04-2018 at 08:28 AM..
Old 09-04-2018, 09:18 AM   #25
Arch-Supremacy Member

My question was how does RoBo benefit us when the past 4 months was operating at a loss, and how does it compare with UT in long run without a track record, and how does it compare to POSB investsaver given the same costs of 0.8% to 1%. All these are honest questions, but makavi viewed them as an attack to his favorite pet. This forum is wierd, well hopefully just him

If u are going to be hostile then no need to reply. Not here to debate. Thanks
The benefit of the RoBo just like the POSB Invest Saver, you can invest on a recurring monthly basis in international equities, bonds and commodities ETF in a fuss-free solution...

To compare it to UT in the long run, you just need to take the ETF purchased by the RoBo in your risk profile and pull the data from when you want to compare it with...

You asked for comparison between RoBo and the POSB Invest Saver, I already gave you the numbers year to date which is the same as when the Thread starter post his experiment for comparison...

Which part you do not understand? If your reply is not based on the points above, you are obviously trolling and Mods please do your job...
Old 09-04-2018, 09:49 AM   #26

Thanks but no thanks. Save your hate speech elsewhere.

The benefit of the RoBo just like the POSB Invest Saver, you can invest on a recurring monthly basis in international equities, bonds and commodities ETF in a fuss-free solution...

To compare it to UT in the long run, you just need to take the ETF purchased by the RoBo in your risk profile and pull the data from when you want to compare it with...

You asked for comparison between RoBo and the POSB Invest Saver, I already gave you the numbers year to date which is the same as when the Thread starter post his experiment for comparison...

Which part you do not understand? If your reply is not based on the points above, you are obviously trolling and Mods please do your job...
Old 18-04-2018, 12:40 AM   #27

Updated. Stashaway still has the advantage over smartly
blurpandasg2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2018, 01:01 AM   #28
Supremacy Member

Interesting you started the thread in jan but U also edited the original post so u start in mar. U buy anything in mar u sure to make money in Apr.

If 2018 and 2019 losing year will u edit your post and start your experiment in 2020 Mar? lololol
Old 18-04-2018, 06:50 AM   #29
Arch-Supremacy Member

Interesting you started the thread in jan but U also edited the original post so u start in mar. U buy anything in mar u sure to make money in Apr.

If 2018 and 2019 losing year will u edit your post and start your experiment in 2020 Mar? lololol
He only put the last 4 transacted price as when it was indicated...Not that he started in Mar...

He is still loosing money, as of 18 Apr, he invested $600 but the one with Stashaway is worth $293.67 and the one with Smartly is worth $293.03...

So where is the you buy anything in Mar, you "sure" make money in Apr?
Old 18-04-2018, 07:27 AM   #30
Supremacy Member

is it recommend to use RoboAdvisor to automate everything?

is it stable?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.