HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Roboadvisor: Stashaway vs Smartly Performance

Like Tree27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-08-2018, 12:11 PM   #76

My returns have gone up since choosing the highest levels in Stashaway. Cutting off gold by 10% and adding SPY and VBK certainly helped.
Which profile did u choose under the most risky option?

Also do u have any idea if able to switch holdings directly from portfolio 28 to the new profiles without the need to sell and rebuy

Last edited by blurpandasg2014; 25-08-2018 at 12:23 PM..
blurpandasg2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2018, 02:05 PM   #77

Which profile did u choose under the most risky option?

Also do u have any idea if able to switch holdings directly from portfolio 28 to the new profiles without the need to sell and rebuy

I chose the most aggressive option. It's the only one I noticed with S&P and lower levels of gold.

When you switch they will automatically sell off all the unused stuff like bonds and buy the new etfs.
goldnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2018, 02:08 PM   #78

There are alot of commission free ETFs available from Charles Schwab Singapore and they also have an online portfolio generator that can create an ETF portfolio for you based on your risk type. Isn't that a better alternative than non-free robo advisors that charge monthly or annual fees?
final1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2018, 03:04 PM   #79

There are alot of commission free ETFs available from Charles Schwab Singapore and they also have an online portfolio generator that can create an ETF portfolio for you based on your risk type. Isn't that a better alternative than non-free robo advisors that charge monthly or annual fees?
And the minimum starting amount is...?
goldnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2018, 04:37 PM   #80
Master Member

Got link? Does it rebalance for you?

Is it global portfolio or US only?
assiak71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2018, 04:53 PM   #81

Got link? Does it rebalance for you?

Is it global portfolio or US only?
https://www.schwab.com/public/schwab...SourceETFs.asp
The ETFs are varied. Not just US equities only.

As buying and selling is free, you can buy and sell to 'rebalance' yourself at any time i guess.
But, they will not 'rebalance' automatically for you. It is self-directed.
'Rebalancing' just means buying and selling a few units here and there to maintain the percentage mix between each ETF due to fluctuations in price over a period of time. I actually think its perfectly fine to just let it run.

When you have new funds, then you just top up or purchase other ETFs. Again, free buy and sell for those ETFs.
Old 25-08-2018, 07:25 PM   #82

I chose the most aggressive option. It's the only one I noticed with S&P and lower levels of gold.

When you switch they will automatically sell off all the unused stuff like bonds and buy the new etfs.
Thanks realised only able to do this on desktop. Can't do it on phone
Old 25-08-2018, 07:58 PM   #83
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thanks realised only able to do this on desktop. Can't do it on phone
I tried to see on the app, can change leh...

Edit: Added the above photo...

Last edited by makav31i; 25-08-2018 at 08:25 PM..
makav31i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2018, 04:18 AM   #84
Master Member

Saw this

CGS-CIMB Securities launches eWealth robo-advisory platform
https://www.theedgesingapore.com/cgs...isory-platform

Among the two strategies used by the platform, goal-based investing focuses on providing portfolios that seek to achieve market returns with the initial minimum investment sum of $3,500. The other strategy is thematic investing, which combines quantitative strategies with factor-based investing in constructing baskets of stocks with the aim of achieving above-market returns.

Thematic portfolios such as “US Refining” and “S-REITs” are currently being offered by the platform. The former portfolio caters to clients looking to invest in companies likely to benefit from rising oil prices, while the latter allows clients to own ten individual listed REITs without incurring the usual minimum brokerage charges as compared to purchasing the REITs individually.
Old 29-08-2018, 09:21 AM   #85

Seems like everyone is jumping on the automated algorithm band wagon.

When will posb have this 🤔
Old 29-08-2018, 10:15 AM   #86

Saw this

CGS-CIMB Securities launches eWealth robo-advisory platform
https://www.theedgesingapore.com/cgs...isory-platform

Among the two strategies used by the platform, goal-based investing focuses on providing portfolios that seek to achieve market returns with the initial minimum investment sum of $3,500. The other strategy is thematic investing, which combines quantitative strategies with factor-based investing in constructing baskets of stocks with the aim of achieving above-market returns.

Thematic portfolios such as “US Refining” and “S-REITs” are currently being offered by the platform. The former portfolio caters to clients looking to invest in companies likely to benefit from rising oil prices, while the latter allows clients to own ten individual listed REITs without incurring the usual minimum brokerage charges as compared to purchasing the REITs individually.
As mentioned previously, you can do almost the same thing for free if you have a Charles Schwab Singapore account. Minimum US$25,000 to open an account though. Public service advisory on this.
Fees in Singapore for investing are already ridiculously high.
Why pay more?
Old 29-08-2018, 10:41 AM   #87
High Supremacy Member

Anyone tried OCBC roboinvest?
Acetone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2018, 11:32 AM   #88

Anyone tried OCBC roboinvest?
Just launch not long ago...i guess not much awareness yet.
https://www.ocbc.com/group/media/rel...20service.html
Old 29-08-2018, 11:43 AM   #89
Master Member

As mentioned previously, you can do almost the same thing for free if you have a Charles Schwab Singapore account. Minimum US$25,000 to open an account though. Public service advisory on this.
Fees in Singapore for investing are already ridiculously high.
Why pay more?
Anyone vested?
I went to Charles schwab sg website and it seemed like us market only
Those vested pls share. If no fees its definitely better than stashaway/autowealth

What about when you pass away? Any diffeence?
Old 29-08-2018, 11:55 AM   #90
Arch-Supremacy Member

Just launch not long ago...i guess not much awareness yet.
https://www.ocbc.com/group/media/rel...20service.html
There is a thread on it here...

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/m...#post116161411

1 to 1.5% annual fees on AUM should be one of the most expensive robo in singapore...
makav31i is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.