Roboadvisor: Stashaway vs Smartly Performance

Like Tree27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-08-2018, 12:00 PM   #91
Arch-Supremacy Member

Saw this

CGS-CIMB Securities launches eWealth robo-advisory platform
https://www.theedgesingapore.com/cgs...isory-platform

Among the two strategies used by the platform, goal-based investing focuses on providing portfolios that seek to achieve market returns with the initial minimum investment sum of $3,500. The other strategy is thematic investing, which combines quantitative strategies with factor-based investing in constructing baskets of stocks with the aim of achieving above-market returns.

Thematic portfolios such as “US Refining” and “S-REITs” are currently being offered by the platform. The former portfolio caters to clients looking to invest in companies likely to benefit from rising oil prices, while the latter allows clients to own ten individual listed REITs without incurring the usual minimum brokerage charges as compared to purchasing the REITs individually.
Their fees is 0.5% to 0.8%...

https://www.wealth.cgs-cimb.com.sg/home/pricing

UOB robo is 0.5% to 0.88%...

http://www.utraderobo.com/pricing.html
makav31i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2018, 12:01 PM   #92

There is a thread on it here...

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/m...#post116161411

1 to 1.5% annual fees on AUM should be one of the most expensive robo in singapore...
That's mutual fund levels of larceny.
goldnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2018, 12:05 PM   #93
Arch-Supremacy Member

That's mutual fund levels of larceny.
Yup, really carrot chop pricing...But that's also the price some people willing to pay to a bank which the deemed as much more "secure"...
Old 29-08-2018, 12:14 PM   #94
Arch-Supremacy Member

Seems like everyone is jumping on the automated algorithm band wagon.

When will posb have this 🤔
I really hope POSB don't come up with it...If they were to come up with a Robo, at least don't charge annual fees for AUM but sales charge when buying like POSB Invest Saver...
Old 29-08-2018, 01:36 PM   #95

I really hope POSB don't come up with it...If they were to come up with a Robo, at least don't charge annual fees for AUM but sales charge when buying like POSB Invest Saver...
Now that UOB and OCBC have come up with something, feels like it's only a matter of time for DBS/POSB to. Don't think these robo businesses can make any money (especially with the infrastructure costs) if they charge only sales charge. However, if they can charge 0.25% per annum or under, they're going to be able to undercut a lot of guys here.
flikmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2018, 01:50 PM   #96
Arch-Supremacy Member

Now that UOB and OCBC have come up with something, feels like it's only a matter of time for DBS/POSB to. Don't think these robo businesses can make any money (especially with the infrastructure costs) if they charge only sales charge. However, if they can charge 0.25% per annum or under, they're going to be able to undercut a lot of guys here.
UOB did not come out with any monthly investment plan to compete against POSB Invest Saver and OCBC BCIP...So I really hope that POSB do not come out with a robo that charges annual fees on AUM...fees on AUM will be very significant the longer you are in the program and the longer you contribute into it...
Old 29-08-2018, 01:56 PM   #97

Anyone vested?
I went to Charles schwab sg website and it seemed like us market only
Those vested pls share. If no fees its definitely better than stashaway/autowealth

What about when you pass away? Any diffeence?
I put my money where my mouth is. I am in the midst of opening with Charles Schwab SG. Both for this as well as cheaper US individual stock trades which is the cheapest amongst brokerages with a local presence.

Yes, it is no fee for a wide selection of ETFs which i already provided the link to earlier.
final1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2018, 09:51 PM   #98
Master Member

I put my money where my mouth is. I am in the midst of opening with Charles Schwab SG. Both for this as well as cheaper US individual stock trades which is the cheapest amongst brokerages with a local presence.

Yes, it is no fee for a wide selection of ETFs which i already provided the link to earlier.
What about when you die, what happens?
assiak71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2018, 10:46 PM   #99

Updated with latest portfolio backtesting data for Stashaway Highest Risk Portfolio. Good performance yet Defensive
panDaz, icheb, Freezy and 2 others like this.
blurpandasg2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2018, 04:31 PM   #100

What about when you die, what happens?
I emailed StashAway before if we able to make a nomination and they replied they do not have that option right now and will be providing this option in future.
Old 09-09-2018, 09:22 AM   #101

Public Service Announcement:
https://schwabtoday.com/SG/freetradeoffer/

Free 25 equity trades if anyone wants. You need US$25k to make an account though.
Commission free ETFs forever.
Why pay annual fees for them?
final1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 03:41 PM   #102
Supremacy Member

OCBC wanna charge 1.5%....
gysiang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 12:33 AM   #103
Master Member

What are smartly's etfs?
Old 10-09-2018, 01:18 AM   #104
High Supremacy Member

Looks interesting, is the performance nett after fees?
Old 10-09-2018, 01:36 AM   #105
Master Member

Does smartly and autowealth dynamically adjusts AA or fixed all the way?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.