HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Score / LiveUp / Grab Subscription Programmes / Amazon Prime

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2019, 01:49 PM   #1

Score / LiveUp / Grab Subscription Programmes / Amazon Prime

Assume groceries are bought online primarily, and extensive use of Grab.

Generally, what is the view out here about these so-called membership programmes?

Given changes to LiveUp beginning 1 July, is it worth it? Costs S$60 a year, rebate in a year may very well exceed that, although by less than before.

Score benefits are reduced too, but costs S$30 a year. Again worth it, no?

How does Amazon Prime compare to RedMart for groceries? And is it a "grocery" category for credit card rebates?

Last edited by vegavega25; 10-06-2019 at 01:51 PM..
vegavega25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 02:49 PM   #2

Same as you.. have been using liveup since the start...

Think I will go with grab subscription + score and try NTUC for now.. will try to go market to shop instead of ordering online more often

Amazon prime selection seems poor and pricey...

Last edited by sellun; 10-06-2019 at 03:08 PM..
sellun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 07:00 PM   #3

Been also using live up since the start, since we get the bulk of our groceries from RedMart, buy somewhat regularly from lazada (including prepaid topup), and use Netflix anyway. All in all it has been well worth the subscription. Lazada + redmard total $592 savings. Even removing the shipping fee rebate from this (assuming we would instead go supermarket) this still leaves $423 rebate from cashback and exclusive discount. Add to that 2 months of free Netflix. So even at 60 dollars, I'll continue liveup unless something changes significantly.
kram62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 07:36 PM   #4
Arch-Supremacy Member

Been also using live up since the start, since we get the bulk of our groceries from RedMart, buy somewhat regularly from lazada (including prepaid topup), and use Netflix anyway. All in all it has been well worth the subscription. Lazada + redmard total $592 savings. Even removing the shipping fee rebate from this (assuming we would instead go supermarket) this still leaves $423 rebate from cashback and exclusive discount. Add to that 2 months of free Netflix. So even at 60 dollars, I'll continue liveup unless something changes significantly.
Lazada rebate is going to be cut.
hwmook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 10:13 AM   #5

How does the lazada max monthly rebates reset? By calendar month or by the day you bought the products?
blueboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 02:11 PM   #6

How does the lazada max monthly rebates reset? By calendar month or by the day you bought the products?
1 month from the time the order has been delivered.

With the changes to Liveup for Lazada, doesn't seem so appealing anymore. No more free shipping, no more 5% rebate on all purchases(now have to be Lazmall)
RocketAbyss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 06:43 PM   #7
Master Member

With the changes to Liveup for Lazada, doesn't seem so appealing anymore. No more free shipping, no more 5% rebate on all purchases(now have to be Lazmall)
Yea.......cancelling my liveup just nice.
It was good while it lasted.
Z_Dash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 09:39 PM   #8

Yea.......cancelling my liveup just nice.
It was good while it lasted.
I guess Liveup is still useful for those who order regularly from Redmart since delivery remains free at $40.
mirage_77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 02:02 AM   #9

I guess Liveup is still useful for those who order regularly from Redmart since delivery remains free at $40.
Yeah I've checked online the new terms, and for now it is still quite profitable for my use case. I just hope they don't cut free delivery on RedMart anytime soon otherwise there truly would be no more purpose for this program.
kram62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 10:42 AM   #10

So if I purchase before 1 july and my item delivered after 1 july, the rebates will follow the old or new tncs?
blueboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2019, 07:23 AM   #11

Here are the reasons why I think LiveUp is still worth it, after July 1. It is devalued no doubt, like frequent flyer programmes often are, but it is not worth dumping:

- Rebate of 4% on RedMart
- Increased rebate cap of S$50 per month
- Lower threshold for free RedMart delivery
- 2 free months of Netflix (that is S$28 right there

I have never received Grab benefits from LiveUp, so I need to investigate that.
vegavega25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2019, 10:59 AM   #12

Here are the reasons why I think LiveUp is still worth it, after July 1. It is devalued no doubt, like frequent flyer programmes often are, but it is not worth dumping:

- Rebate of 4% on RedMart
- Increased rebate cap of S$50 per month
- Lower threshold for free RedMart delivery
- 2 free months of Netflix (that is S$28 right there

I have never received Grab benefits from LiveUp, so I need to investigate that.
For Grab you need to do link up with your Liveup account first then check your vouchers in former app. Cant realy remb what I did.
mirage_77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.