Please don't any how quote me and put words in my mouth hor! :s8:

55.7% is average return p.a.!
CAGR is still 25+% p.a. for my returns in properties investment. :s13:

What I can claim is that I did so much better than Temasek and GIC! =:p

So satki?...

arctician

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do you mean actual returns after sale of property from purchasing below market rate? I did see such transactions, not sure if its a married deal or an actual fire sale :s11:

Gross Rental return tops 4% from the data i have been looking at. Do share which development gives 5% yield on purchase price if you have one.

Location matters too other then rejuvenation of the district, Geylang or Paya Lebar would be a better bet compared to woodlands for sure. Despite both having development plans in the pipeline.

example of a good purchase will be attitude at kimyam near killiney stretch, i remember there was one being transacted in july around 1.5k psf, with $1m budget and 1.6k psf you can target proven district in river valley, no need to go for geylang or whats not.

leekm8802

Reaction score
Serious question, i am below the age of 30. And looking to purchase a private property solely under my own name. Budget 800k - 1m

Of course, i have an existing place to stay, and i am solely looking at an investment view point.

Two options come to my mind:

- Purchase new project, lock in 5% upfront, and progressive payment till 2022/2023 to get keys. Maybe could sell away once SSD up to lock in gains? But current decent projects are priced 1600psf++ onwards at least - not sure on the upside.

- Purchase a resale condo, rent out, collect rental till 3 years SSD up. Sell it off and use proceeds to enter Balance Units of Unsold new project or just TOP Projects. Of course rental is subjected to market condition. But seems that i will be getting instant rental from this option.

What would you do if you're in my position, please share :s22:
bettersaint - My 2 cents of opinion will be go for option 1 for investment. Get a unit from new launch project for the current measure for SSD is capping at 3 years and you should be able to cash out with price appreciation before key collection and avoid paying monthly installments with interest to banks and maintenance fee. Since you currently have a place to stay, this is the best option for you.

cc2mss5

Reaction score
Serious question, i am below the age of 30. And looking to purchase a private property solely under my own name. Budget 800k - 1m

Of course, i have an existing place to stay, and i am solely looking at an investment view point.

Two options come to my mind:

- Purchase new project, lock in 5% upfront, and progressive payment till 2022/2023 to get keys.

- Purchase a resale condo, rent out, collect rental till 3 years SSD up.

What would you do if you're in my position, please share :s22:

If I'm u, I go for 2 since u felt r already for a physical real estate / property and u have the 25% ( cash n CPF ) ready

But why do u want to sell off once ssd is reached? U never know whether the price will be better off. Selling and buying another will only benefit middlemen like lawyers, agents, IRAS and etc

One thing for sure, it is not an easy / straightforward thing when u rent out ur unit. I believed u would have knew the additional tax associated, agent fee and etc. Of course, you wouldn't know how the tenants would be like

Coincidentally, I'm also looking at geylang area before one forumner mentioned about river valley area. Though geylang freehold psf shd be lower. I'm still considering about the geylang freehold but I can only make the decision 2yrs later due to ssd

One last thing... Location, location, location. Since this is foremost for investment, go for good location within ur budget. This is the only selling point to potential tenants

Hope these help

Sent from Xiaomi MI 5S PLUS using GAGT

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.