HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Standalone CI only policy, not rider on life

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2019, 04:04 PM   #1

Standalone CI only policy, not rider on life

Are there policies that cover CI only that are standalone and are not riders on life policies?
polyglob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 04:07 PM   #2

Are there policies that cover CI only that are standalone and are not riders on life policies?
Yes there are. And you mean late stages ci or eci(all stages)?

Examples could be company Core Ci and company M critical selectcare.
boredboiboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 04:18 PM   #3

Yes there are. And you mean late stages ci or eci(all stages)?
I only know of the 37 standardized CI. No idea about stages really.

Examples could be company Core Ci and company M critical selectcare.
Ah, thanks for the keywords. I'll check them out.

I've always had CI rider on life. Now reviewing whether just covering CI is good enough.
Old 04-12-2019, 04:28 PM   #4

I only know of the 37 standardized CI. No idea about stages really.

Ah, thanks for the keywords. I'll check them out.

I've always had CI rider on life. Now reviewing whether just covering CI is good enough.
The 37 u meant is advanced stages. There are early and intermediate stages. There are also standalone multipay eci plan.
Old 04-12-2019, 04:55 PM   #5

You may want to look at the more specific one such as male/female illnesses, which are not usually included in standard CI plan.

Like Criticare for Him/Her or the likes
moejoseph is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 08:07 PM   #6

Hi bro,

You can drop me a pm and I can help to address your concern.
studi92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 08:08 AM   #7
Master Member

Is it worthwhile to buy as separate instead as a rider?
Panerex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 11:00 AM   #8

Separate usually more expensive, but still it depends on ur shortfall. If u have no need for additional death/tpd coverage, no point adding as rider also
moejoseph is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 11:15 AM   #9

To me i see price point and structure. If its cheaper as a standalone vs death tpd + CI (likely cost a bit more), and you have no dependents, then go for the standalone.
Value.Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 11:28 AM   #10

To me i see price point and structure. If its cheaper as a standalone vs death tpd + CI (likely cost a bit more), and you have no dependents, then go for the standalone.
Nowadays premium for all plan really very different already. I even once generate and compare a wholelife cheaper than term plan. It all depends on the age of entry and coverage till what age. Sometime a wholelife with max multiplier can be cheaper against a term plan till age 70.
Old 07-12-2019, 12:04 PM   #11

Nowadays premium for all plan really very different already. I even once generate and compare a wholelife cheaper than term plan. It all depends on the age of entry and coverage till what age. Sometime a wholelife with max multiplier can be cheaper against a term plan till age 70.
You have included TVM or just based on premiums paid. Opportunity cost assuming 2.5%. I get many agents telling me term is more expensive, but they conveniently leave out that premiums is payable for 30 years compares to 10 years for whole life (but upfront)
Value.Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 12:24 PM   #12

Separate usually more expensive, but still it depends on ur shortfall. If u have no need for additional death/tpd coverage, no point adding as rider also
Good point about TPD. No need death coverage because no dependent, but in case of TPD...
Old 07-12-2019, 12:36 PM   #13

You have included TVM or just based on premiums paid. Opportunity cost assuming 2.5%. I get many agents telling me term is more expensive, but they conveniently leave out that premiums is payable for 30 years compares to 10 years for whole life (but upfront)
Per year premium paid, not total premium paid.
Previously i compared for 25years paid wholelife against a term till 70. But it all depends on the coverage and the premium at time of compare. Now premium get cheaper and changes over time, its better to compare real time.

Last edited by boredboiboi; 07-12-2019 at 01:11 PM..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.