HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Standar Chartered Bank - Account Suspension

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2018, 03:37 PM   #1

Standar Chartered Bank - Account Suspension

I have a friend who is currently warded in a Hong Kong hospital due to a worksite accident.

His Singapore bank account was suspended due to unforeseen circumstance. He needs to access the funds there to pay for his medical bills.

Does anyone know whether it is possible to activate his bank account from overseas?
wmn0610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 07:26 AM   #2

I have a friend who is currently warded in a Hong Kong hospital due to a worksite accident.

His Singapore bank account was suspended due to unforeseen circumstance. He needs to access the funds there to pay for his medical bills.

Does anyone know whether it is possible to activate his bank account from overseas?
Worksite accident? Shouldn't that be covered by his insurance or company first? How come no one from his company went to his assistance? Family? He should not need to access the funds immediately.

Local bank account suspended, more alarm bells?? I think some details are left out from your story.

Anyway, suggest your friend seek assistance with Singapore Consulate in HK and you seek advice from the local bank directly.

Singapore Consulate in HK address as follows:

Address: 901, Admiralty Centre Tower I, 18 Harcourt Rd, Central, Hong Kong
Hours:
Closed ⋅ Opens 9AM
Phone: +852 2527 2212
SibehHL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 08:27 AM   #3

Worksite accident? Shouldn't that be covered by his insurance or company first? How come no one from his company went to his assistance? Family? He should not need to access the funds immediately.

Local bank account suspended, more alarm bells?? I think some details are left out from your story.

Anyway, suggest your friend seek assistance with Singapore Consulate in HK and you seek advice from the local bank directly.

Singapore Consulate in HK address as follows:

Address: 901, Admiralty Centre Tower I, 18 Harcourt Rd, Central, Hong Kong
Hours:
Closed ⋅ Opens 9AM
Phone: +852 2527 2212
Yeah I also wondered why his company didn't help him. Didn't mean to miss out the details, but I don't have the details from him.

Good suggestion to contact the Singapore Consulate. Will pass on the info to him.
Old 12-10-2018, 10:20 AM   #4
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yeah I also wondered why his company didn't help him. Didn't mean to miss out the details, but I don't have the details from him.

Good suggestion to contact the Singapore Consulate. Will pass on the info to him.
as in banks won't freeze or suspend an account for no particular reason . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
havetheveryfun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 10:37 AM   #5
Supremacy Member

Standard Chartered Bank has a large footprint in Hong Kong, so he (or his authorized designate) could try working with Standard Chartered there to assist with his challenges at Standard Chartered in Singapore.
BBCWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 11:08 AM   #6

Is it really from your friend or some impersonation scam?
DealuxTravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 02:04 PM   #7

Standard Chartered Bank has a large footprint in Hong Kong, so he (or his authorized designate) could try working with Standard Chartered there to assist with his challenges at Standard Chartered in Singapore.
Not possible as his account is in Singapore and the Standard Chartered in Hong Kong does not have his profile. I checked already.
Old 12-10-2018, 02:04 PM   #8

Is it really from your friend or some impersonation scam?
Why would I post here if it is a scam?
Old 12-10-2018, 02:09 PM   #9
Supremacy Member

have you actually visited your friend in the hospital already?
limster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 02:15 PM   #10

have you actually visited your friend in the hospital already?
He is in hospital and will be discharged end of the week. He was supposed to be discharge last week but the doctor didn't think his condition was stable.
Old 12-10-2018, 02:16 PM   #11

Why bank account suspension?
Toni90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 02:18 PM   #12

Why bank account suspension?
Because someone tried to access his account when he was away. So the bank suspended it.
Old 12-10-2018, 02:18 PM   #13

Thanks for all the feedback. He managed to get the bank's assistance last night. I think they are processing his request now.
Old 12-10-2018, 03:15 PM   #14
Supremacy Member

Scam as in someone impersonated as your friend and try to scam you in transferring money to them.

Quite a common tactic.
jtec14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 03:39 PM   #15

Scam as in someone impersonated as your friend and try to scam you in transferring money to them.

Quite a common tactic.
Oh no lah! I have been communicating with that person and that one is not an impersonator.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.