Standchart eSaver

Like Tree227Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2019, 04:23 PM   #2161
Supremacy Member

wahh bro, not correct news leh
Vsvs update there was 100 sets at Hsbc tampines today wor

anyway now no more liao
Ya, u know how HSBC is like. Ask at branch, was told ALL branches no more.
Sekali vsvs say Tampines got, another told me ARC also got, but run out by lunch. Guess new notes is not their core strength
tmkedmw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 05:17 PM   #2162
Arch-Supremacy Member

I have e$aver account since 2007 when they encouraged me to open an account by they depositing $1 into the account. After so many years and after upgraded to priority, I just received a letter informing me that they are going to close my savings and security account as well as credit card by early next month

As for the credit card, I have paid a sum of money as Lifetime Member years before opening a savings account. Can they just closed my credit card just like that?
henrylbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 05:33 PM   #2163
Master Member

I have e$aver account since 2007 when they encouraged me to open an account by they depositing $1 into the account. After so many years and after upgraded to priority, I just received a letter informing me that they are going to close my savings and security account as well as credit card by early next month

As for the credit card, I have paid a sum of money as Lifetime Member years before opening a savings account. Can they just closed my credit card just like that?
did you violate any TNC?

abuse system?
pinpinpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 06:25 PM   #2164

Are you the same person that BOC close all your accounts and cards sometime back ?
vsvs24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 06:32 PM   #2165

@henrylbh, u can try writing in to appeal for a refund on the lifetime member cc fee. Good luck.
wutawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 06:54 PM   #2166

@henrylbh, u can try writing in to appeal for a refund on the lifetime member cc fee. Good luck.
Just curious. What is lifetime member cc and what are the benefits ?
Old 12-06-2019, 08:01 PM   #2167
Arch-Supremacy Member

did you violate any TNC?

abuse system?
No reason was given for advice on closure of accounts.

They questioned some transactions over the last 6 months and asked for doc. All questions were answered according with doc except I did not want to disclose my salary and the amount of equities I am holding.
Old 12-06-2019, 08:02 PM   #2168
Arch-Supremacy Member

Are you the same person that BOC close all your accounts and cards sometime back ?
No, I got nothing to do with BOC.
Old 12-06-2019, 08:07 PM   #2169
Arch-Supremacy Member

Just curious. What is lifetime member cc and what are the benefits ?
Long ago when Platinum visa card was introduced, I was invited to pay a certain sum of money to get Lifetime Member with 3 sup card, all foc. That time annual subscription fee was not cheap. What the benefits were, I did not bother My visa card is embossed with the word 'Lifetime Member' and it has been inactive for a few years
Old 12-06-2019, 08:22 PM   #2170

Within the same 2 months promo, if I withdraw from esaver to another bank and deposit the same amount back to the same esaver from the other bank....this amount still counted as adb right?
sgdividends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 08:32 PM   #2171
Supremacy Member

Bank can write to u and give notice that they going to close your accounts without giving any reasons. Bopian, llst.

They questioned some transactions over the last 6 months and asked for doc. All questions were answered according with doc except I did not want to disclose my salary and the amount of equities I am holding.
tmkedmw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 09:10 PM   #2172
High Supremacy Member

dun give up. scb banned all my new cc applications for a good 3 yrs before lifting the ban.
chopra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 09:24 PM   #2173
Arch-Supremacy Member

dun give up. scb banned all my new cc applications for a good 3 yrs before lifting the ban.
I have just logged in and mailed to find out the reason for notice of account closure. Since I have disclosed very personal info with doc, the least I expect is the bank reciprocate with reasons why the account should be closed or at least which transaction/s they are not comfortable and would prefer the account to be closed.

I will certainly ditch the bank, if I can find another bank, besides maybank, that give promo interest. At the moment, the account has less than 1k as all have been moved to maybank ha ha.

Last edited by henrylbh; 12-06-2019 at 09:27 PM..
Old 12-06-2019, 09:41 PM   #2174

I have just logged in and mailed to find out the reason for notice of account closure. Since I have disclosed very personal info with doc, the least I expect is the bank reciprocate with reasons why the account should be closed or at least which transaction/s they are not comfortable and would prefer the account to be closed.

I will certainly ditch the bank, if I can find another bank, besides maybank, that give promo interest. At the moment, the account has less than 1k as all have been moved to maybank ha ha.
If you have more than 200k can consider HSBC EGA.
Old 13-06-2019, 10:01 AM   #2175

under your own single name?
what's the benefit of opening another esaver account
Can a person open 2 e-$aver a/c?

I was at a Stanchart branch yesterday to enquire about the Krisflyer promotion.
I asked: if I open a e-$aver a/c now, the promotional rate (total 2% p.a.) will end on end-Jul 2019. Can I open a second e-$aver a/c on 1 Aug 2019 so that I can enjoy the prevailing promotional rate on this second e-$aver a/c for Aug & Sep?
Answer given by the RM: No, each person can only open one e-$aver a/c.
turtle2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.