Stashaway discussion thread

duhduhduh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It is not like unit trust. Unit trust always execute based on NAV. ETF is dependent on execution price. Which we have no transparency on how they actually do it.

Yup, this is what I was referring to. Just curious how they 'execute'....? Bots with the market? or with other Stashaway users who also happened to 'liquidate' portion of their holdings? :o

bermudas

Reaction score
Hi.

I have a Stash SG account with one general investing portfolio.

How do i create a Malaysia general investing portfolio and transfer my money in CIMB MY to this portfolio?

Anyone knows?

tutonic

Reaction score
Hi.

I have a Stash SG account with one general investing portfolio.

How do i create a Malaysia general investing portfolio and transfer my money in CIMB MY to this portfolio?

Anyone knows?

If you have Malaysian ID, then you can create an account at stashaway.my (I guess).

Zenosyne

Reaction score
Hi, i wanna ask. So far have any of you received any letters from Stashaway?

Also, how does tax work in Stashaway, do they mail the tax to your residence?

Thanks in advance for answering

(im asking because im hoping there wont be any letters/mails to my residency)

Last edited:

tutonic

Reaction score
Hi, i wanna ask. So far have any of you received any letters from Stashaway?

Also, how does tax work in Stashaway, do they mail the tax to your residence?

Thanks in advance for answering

(im asking because im hoping there wont be any letters/mails to my residency)

What tax are you referring to? Singapore has no capital gains tax.

As for letters, nope never. All of our statements are via email. So far one year plus, never see a letter from them before; only email.

Zenosyne

Reaction score
What tax are you referring to? Singapore has no capital gains tax.

As for letters, nope never. All of our statements are via email. So far one year plus, never see a letter from them before; only email.

Oh, that I didnt know, I was very confused because I was reading the FAQs, and I was reading the taxes section, but wanted to clarify here. They also said something about if you are not a US resident, you would be taxed 30% or smth on dividends. But ETFs doesnt give dividends right?

Oh, so Stashaway doesnt give any letters, thats good to hear. I was worried about the letters issue.

Just another question, will the bank send letters regarding the standing order monthly deposit from Stashaway?

Thank you for answering me tutonic! :s12:

tutonic

Reaction score
Oh, that I didnt know, I was very confused because I was reading the FAQs, and I was reading the taxes section, but wanted to clarify here. They also said something about if you are not a US resident, you would be taxed 30% or smth on dividends. But ETFs doesnt give dividends right?

Oh, so Stashaway doesnt give any letters, thats good to hear. I was worried about the letters issue.

Just another question, will the bank send letters regarding the standing order monthly deposit from Stashaway?

Thank you for answering me tutonic! :s12:

That's referring to the dividends you receive from certain ETFs. Most of the equity ETFs don't pay out dividends. Bond ETFs and some other ETFs have dividends every now and then. There is 30% withholding tax, but all that means is that, if for example, the actual dividend to be received is $1, what will appear in your Stashaway account will only be 70cents, since 30% is auto-withheld. Stashaway will help claim back some of the tax later on in the year, or something like that, but that's basically what the 30% withholding tax refers to. All these will be reflected in the app or email. No physical letters.

Nope, any info regarding standing instruction from the bank will all be through email, if I recall correctly. For monthly bank statements, it depends on whether you've opt for e-statement or not. If you've opt for e-statements, then no mail will be delivered.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.