HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Stocks Quoted In USD On SGX

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2019, 07:57 PM   #1

Stocks Quoted In USD On SGX

Hi, some stocks are quoted in USD instead of SGD on SGX.

Does that mean if I were to purchase those stocks, I will be converted from SGD to USD in order to buy by DBS Vickers and then if I were to sell off, I will be converted from USD to SGD?

How about the dividends? Will it be SGD or USD? If USD? That means my dividends will need to be converted from USD to SGD before they go into my DBS bank account?

Sorry a little confuse about this.

Source From Annual Report

Shareholders will receive their cash dividends in United States Dollars, unless they are registered on the Jersey branch register,
in which case they will have the option to elect for their dividends to be paid in Sterling. These shareholders may make new
currency elections for the 2018 final dividend by notifying the United Kingdom transfer agent in writing by 18th April 2019.
The Sterling equivalent of dividends declared in United States Dollars will be calculated by reference to a rate prevailing on
2nd May 2019. Shareholders holding their shares through CREST in the United Kingdom will receive their cash dividends in
Sterling only. Shareholders holding their shares through The Central Depository (Pte) Limited (‘CDP’) in Singapore will receive
their cash dividends in United States Dollars unless they elect, through CDP, to receive Singapore Dollars.

Last edited by Platinumstartvf; 10-06-2019 at 08:02 PM..
Platinumstartvf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 01:13 PM   #2
Master Member

All transacted in USD.
bright_84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.