HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Syfe REIT+

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-02-2020, 07:43 AM   #76
Shu

How(/What) is the asset allocation of 15 S-REITs vs A35 bond ETF for Syfe REIT+ portfolio (today after the recent decline in global stock markets)?
Itís still 74.1% REITS, 22.6% bonds and 3.4% cash.
Shu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2020, 01:06 PM   #77

Itís still 74.1% REITS, 22.6% bonds and 3.4% cash.
I think only beginning of February it reduced from 100% REITs down to 74.1%, so probably no further adjustment required.
2474265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2020, 08:54 PM   #78

I think only beginning of February it reduced from 100% REITs down to 74.1%, so probably no further adjustment required.
Does it make sense for new investor to invest in Syfe REIT+ portfolio or for an existing investor to topup this portfolio? Because REIT prices have decreased but A35 bond ETF price has increased due to the stock market downturn. If the asset allocation of REITs had remained at 100%, then at least the investor is sure of investing in an asset that has gone down in price.
Han Shot First is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2020, 09:27 PM   #79
Master Member

Does it make sense for new investor to invest in Syfe REIT+ portfolio or for an existing investor to topup this portfolio? Because REIT prices have decreased but A35 bond ETF price has increased due to the stock market downturn. If the asset allocation of REITs had remained at 100%, then at least the investor is sure of investing in an asset that has gone down in price.
Doesnt matter. Just add to it and the new monies will be used to maintain the portfolio AA. Its the same for stashaway, endowus etc portfolios
assiak71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 04:50 PM   #80

Syfe REIT+ just sold the REITS and bought more Bond yesterday.
Kind of Buy high sell low, don't feel very good about their approach.
Brown24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 05:40 PM   #81
Master Member

Syfe REIT+ just sold the REITS and bought more Bond yesterday.
Kind of Buy high sell low, don't feel very good about their approach.
Yes. Really risky investing with Syfe during volatile time.They did the same thing to 3 of my global portfolio regardless of risk %. They like to time the market and purchase bonds at a super high price and sell equities when its value is at the very bottom. Take yesterday for example, they should have purchased more equities at market opening or not touch our equities composition at all. Instead of doing that, they sold equities and purchase more bonds. Equities were sold at rock bottom price and more bond was purchased. If they did not touch my equities composition, those portion would have made 5-6% gain yesterday. This is not the first bad "optimization" made to my portfolios. I think at least 3 bad optimization were made for these past few days.
Gametaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 06:01 PM   #82

Yes. Really risky investing with Syfe during volatile time.They did the same thing to 3 of my global portfolio regardless of risk %. They like to time the market and purchase bonds at a super high price and sell equities when its value is at the very bottom. Take yesterday for example, they should have purchased more equities at market opening or not touch our equities composition at all. Instead of doing that, they sold equities and purchase more bonds. Equities were sold at rock bottom price and more bond was purchased. If they did not touch my equities composition, those portion would have made 5-6% gain yesterday. This is not the first bad "optimization" made to my portfolios. I think at least 3 bad optimization were made for these past few days.
For global portfolio, I thought the bond allocation should be fix and they will rebalance it when either 1 off too far from intended allocation?
I know REIT+ allocation is not fix, but the buy high sell low mechanism really not to my liking.
Old 03-03-2020, 06:20 PM   #83
Master Member

For global portfolio, I thought the bond allocation should be fix and they will rebalance it when either 1 off too far from intended allocation?
I know REIT+ allocation is not fix, but the buy high sell low mechanism really not to my liking.
No, supposed to be fixed but they just ignore.

Take my global 13% risk portfolio as example. The target composition should be 65.4% equities, 30.1% bond and 4.5% commodities. But my 13% risk portfolio consists of 32.1% equities, 56.9% bonds, 8% commodity after the bad "optimization". I wish we have the option to opt of their optimization system.

Last edited by Gametaku; 03-03-2020 at 06:24 PM..
Old 03-03-2020, 06:23 PM   #84

No, supposed to be fixed but they just ignore.

Take my global 13% risk portfolio as example. The target composition should be 65.4% equities, 30.1% bond and 4.5% commodities. But my 13% risk portfolio consists of 32.1% equities, 56.9% bonds, 8% commodity after the bad "optimization".
Omg, this is ridiculous. I think I need to reconsider to stay with them or quit liao.
So far Stashaway still not doing anything funny in the current market situation.
Btw, hv u asked Syfe why they do that?
Old 03-03-2020, 06:26 PM   #85
Master Member

Omg, this is ridiculous. I think I need to reconsider to stay with them or quit liao.
So far Stashaway still not doing anything funny in the current market situation.
Btw, hv u asked Syfe why they do that?
Used to prefer Syfe before the volatile time. But i think i will just take some loss and move away from them.
Old 03-03-2020, 06:28 PM   #86

Used to prefer Syfe before the volatile time. But i think i will just take some loss and move away from them.
This is a good time to see how different robo advisor react to market situation. Good 1 will sell high buy low.
Old 03-03-2020, 06:36 PM   #87

I think problem with Syfe is their algorithm, at panic time like this, the calculated risk will increase by fold. My 19% got rebalanced once, but after a few days the risk shoot up to 31% again due to bearish market.

Posted from PCWX using Redmi K20 Pro
hkchew03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 06:41 PM   #88
Master Member

I think the Syfe algorithm will just keep re-balance the portfolio till there is no way we can make money during this volatile time. They just want us to feel "safe" with more bonds allocation. So its like even if i want to buy 100% equities at low price also not possible because the system detects that it is not safe.

Last edited by Gametaku; 03-03-2020 at 06:43 PM..
Old 03-03-2020, 06:48 PM   #89

I think the Syfe algorithm will just keep re-balance the portfolio till there is no way we can make money during this volatile time. They just want us to feel "safe" with more bonds allocation. So its like even if i want to buy 100% equities at low price also not possible because the system detects that it is not safe.
This kind of rebalancing is too amateur imo.
Thanks for sharing. Now I hv better idea
Old 03-03-2020, 07:25 PM   #90
Master Member

yes happen to me too.. they buy high sell low my equities. i used to think theirs is good but prefer stashaway now and moving away from them
S1mpleGuy is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.