HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Target networth

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-09-2018, 11:48 AM   #31

there are many high networth here who don't know how to invest. No matter how rich they are, everyone also needs investment advice from SSI warriors.

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/m...y-5626345.html
It's good to be open to new ideas but one must filter noise from valuable perspectives. =)
soneat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2018, 11:54 AM   #32
Greater Supremacy Member

there are many high networth here who don't know how to invest. No matter how rich they are, everyone also needs investment advice from SSI warriors.

Yes, itís true. Combining all SSI wealth, they can move the market.

You just need to see where crypto bitcoin is right now, when ssi is bearish, they are not joking.

Ssi warrior are just waiting for the trade war to end, their combined war chest will push sti back to 4000
Sinkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2018, 12:22 PM   #33
Arch-Supremacy Member

Some of them is because they are so stressed trying to keep their networth a secret from their closed ones, they have to let it out subconsciously and tell someone else about it. They may not notice it but the effect is there subtly, can tell by how some of them just dismiss your replies and only care about themselves.
havetheveryfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2018, 12:26 PM   #34

I hope to hit $100k by 30
iamveryguailan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2018, 01:57 PM   #35
Supremacy Member

Shouldn't be much of a problem. Save up more and put into different investment like bond, equities and fd, should not be an issue. I hit this target at around 28 years old. If I can do it, why Not you? But right now I am poorer than you

I hope to hit $100k by 30
spiritGate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2018, 02:47 PM   #36
Master Member

38 is the middle life crisis age. It is very easy to keep working and growing networth until that age.
But I find like I have hit a wall now and don't want to work and my networth is stuck at 800k. Not enough, yet not keen to grow it by working. Horrible situation.

Sent from Dont Take Any Of My Statment As Investment Advice. Do Your Own Due Diligence. using GAGT
revhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2018, 02:49 PM   #37

38 is the middle life crisis age. It is very easy to keep working and growing networth until that age.
But I find like I have hit a wall now and don't want to work and my networth is stuck at 800k. Not enough, yet not keen to grow it by working. Horrible situation.

Sent from Dont Take Any Of My Statment As Investment Advice. Do Your Own Due Diligence. using GAGT
Change your job lah.
Toni90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2018, 02:51 PM   #38

Wow very inspiring to see many ppl achieving millions in their networth. For me to retire comfortably, I will probably have to work my ass off till 50+ due to Loan repayment of my current unit

Now my networth still far from 100k not to mention 1 million haiz. Although I have reached the 100k goal two years back but all become zero once I bought my property.

If want to become financial freedom, most likely I will need to have $2 million dollars which generates 4% interest (excluding cpf). Hopefully can reach this level
We've fairly similar targets. I prefer to target cash. 2 million but I'm more aggressive with my returns at 7% p.a. That's the moment where I'll take a seat and say ahhh finally....

I take net worth as a bonus. Takes a little longer to monetize stuff like CPF and property
Incognito1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2018, 03:04 PM   #39
Arch-Supremacy Member

Shouldn't be much of a problem. Save up more and put into different investment like bond, equities and fd, should not be an issue. I hit this target at around 28 years old. If I can do it, why Not you? But right now I am poorer than you
u cash poorer but asset richer ma
havetheveryfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2018, 03:14 PM   #40

800k is all cash ? Or include others ?
Trying to understand if we are similar
Ahboy069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2018, 03:21 PM   #41
Arch-Supremacy Member

We've fairly similar targets. I prefer to target cash. 2 million but I'm more aggressive with my returns at 7% p.a. That's the moment where I'll take a seat and say ahhh finally....

I take net worth as a bonus. Takes a little longer to monetize stuff like CPF and property
7% return per year is consider as high risk profile?
cscs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2018, 03:33 PM   #42
Supremacy Member

7% return per year is consider as high risk profile?
Net of costs, in Singapore dollars, in the Singapore context, yes, probably.
BBCWatcher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2018, 03:38 PM   #43
Master Member

800k is all cash ? Or include others ?
Trying to understand if we are similar
Financial assets, cash, equities. I don't own property. Renting currently.

Old 13-09-2018, 03:40 PM   #44
Master Member

Change your job lah.
Current job is very slacking and boring. But pretty decent paying, 100k per year. I could jump to a more stressful job. So it is a bad choice between boring Vs stressful.

There is no such thing called as interesting job. That is a myth.

Old 13-09-2018, 03:45 PM   #45
Supremacy Member

There is no such thing called as interesting job. That is a myth.
I very much disagree.
BBCWatcher is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.