HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Target networth

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2018, 07:39 PM   #1

Target networth

Do you guys have a target networth and stick to it? Once attained, do you relax in any way like changing your job for something that you wanted tor try?

Or do you revise your target when you hit it?

The reason I am asking is that I wonder if I am able to tell myself "that's enough" and stop fretting or at least fret less about whether I have enough. Obviously there are other considerations like if you are single, married or with kids. The last scenario will definitely complicates matters in terms of the budgeting for their future expenses.
malthead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 08:01 PM   #2
Supremacy Member

Do you guys have a target networth and stick to it? Once attained, do you relax in any way like changing your job for something that you wanted tor try?

Or do you revise your target when you hit it?

The reason I am asking is that I wonder if I am able to tell myself "that's enough" and stop fretting or at least fret less about whether I have enough. Obviously there are other considerations like if you are single, married or with kids. The last scenario will definitely complicates matters in terms of the budgeting for their future expenses.

I got 3 different targets:

target 1: wealth machine generates passive income that pays for my basic expenses
target 2: wealth machine generates passive income that pays for my standard of living
target 3: wealth machine generates passive income that pays for my standard of living + extra life goals.

I have reached target 1 and working towards target 2. At the minimum I want to achieve 2. Achieving 3 is optional for me.
limster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 08:08 PM   #3

Yep xxxx amount by xx years old.
I only revised it once, to 5 years earlier and slightly higher amount.

If we can hit the target even earlier, that'll be it.
We can't be young forever.
35y, DINK.
d9_lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 08:18 PM   #4
Master Member

I don't have such a target. But my attitude towards work has changed significantly as my networth has increased. Now I don't give **** about anything at work. I kind of take no initiative and have become very lazy at work. I just slack whole day and leave at 6 sharp. I am not sure if that is a good thing.

I am now bored of getting bored.

Sent from Dont Take Any Of My Statment As Investment Advice. Do Your Own Due Diligence. using GAGT
revhappy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 09:25 PM   #5

yea.

250k by 30
550k by 35

the eventual goal is to reach 2mil before 50 and retire early
Old 11-09-2018, 09:31 PM   #6

I got 3 different targets:

target 1: wealth machine generates passive income that pays for my basic expenses
target 2: wealth machine generates passive income that pays for my standard of living
target 3: wealth machine generates passive income that pays for my standard of living + extra life goals.

I have reached target 1 and working towards target 2. At the minimum I want to achieve 2. Achieving 3 is optional for me.
I would like to think I am at stage 5. My biggest unknown is the cost of raising my kids, the youngest being only 5.
Old 11-09-2018, 09:33 PM   #7

I don't have such a target. But my attitude towards work has changed significantly as my networth has increased. Now I don't give **** about anything at work. I kind of take no initiative and have become very lazy at work. I just slack whole day and leave at 6 sharp. I am not sure if that is a good thing.

I am now bored of getting bored.

Sent from Dont Take Any Of My Statment As Investment Advice. Do Your Own Due Diligence. using GAGT
my attitude toward work has definitely changed in a way that i am less inclined to take risk. I don't think I am a worse employee, just less motivated.

Sometimes I do ponder if I could be more ambitious in climbing the corp ladder but then again, isn't the end goal financial stability?
Old 11-09-2018, 09:55 PM   #8

It will never be enough . I am in stage 4 ( edit * should be stage 3 ) Been less hardworking lately . Spend more time with my 2 kids and my wife .

Just passed my 32th bday

My target was to reach 1mill networth by 40 years old

I made this target 10 year ago

By 26yo I was at 200k
I just managed to break 600k this month

Most likely I won't be able to reach 1 mil by age 40 . But I am pretty sure I should be somewhere near there

Relax and spend sometime doing things u have never tried before . Who knows , u could increase your networth faster than you could have thought

Last edited by T-Mobile; 11-09-2018 at 10:01 PM..
T-Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 09:59 PM   #9
Master Member

It will never be enough . I am in stage 4 . Been less hardworking lately . Spend more time with my 2 kids and my wife .

Just passed my 32th bday

By 26yo I was at 200k

Most likely I won't be able to reach 1 mil by age 40 . But I am pretty sure I should be somewhere near there

Relax and spend sometime doing things u have never tried before . Who knows , u could increase your networth faster than you could have thought
Wow 2 kids at 32, you already seem to be on a very fast track.

So your 40 is actually somebody else's 50. You are 10 years ahead in everything

Last edited by revhappy; 11-09-2018 at 10:01 PM..
revhappy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 10:07 PM   #10

Wow 2 kids at 32, you already seem to be on a very fast track.

So your 40 is actually somebody else's 50. You are 10 years ahead in everything

Ya too fast until got 2 kids now . Haha
Old 11-09-2018, 10:48 PM   #11

It will never be enough . I am in stage 4 ( edit * should be stage 3 ) Been less hardworking lately . Spend more time with my 2 kids and my wife .

Just passed my 32th bday

By 26yo I was at 200k

care to share investment or saving method?
heavenandearth88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 10:57 PM   #12

care to share investment or saving method?
at 26 with 200k, i am not sure how you did it man.
computers70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 12:28 AM   #13

at 26 with 200k, i am not sure how you did it man.
Can be done when u stay with parents . No kids . No commitment.no bad habits .

I saved most of my income , invested in some REITs . Blue chips . REITs were depressed then .
e commerce during that time has a high margin . I was selling something that was profitable and demand was high . Margin was good .

Last edited by T-Mobile; 12-09-2018 at 12:35 AM..
Old 12-09-2018, 07:32 AM   #14
Master Member

My HH target net worth varies between 3.2m to 4.4m depending on retirement scenarios in SG.

For the high end, should be able to hit around 54 yo. For Low end should be in 3 years..

I am ahead of the pace by about 100k due to gains in property value this year and well behaved stock prices.

ocs_woodlands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 01:14 PM   #15

My HH target net worth varies between 3.2m to 4.4m depending on retirement scenarios in SG.

For the high end, should be able to hit around 54 yo. For Low end should be in 3 years..

I am ahead of the pace by about 100k due to gains in property value this year and well behaved stock prices.

You include property in your net worth? I assume it's your investment property rather than your home?

How old are you may I ask?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.