TransferWise Debit Card: Any good?

vegavega25

Reaction score
Phishing attempt, beware:

From: Wise(formerlyTransferWise) • support@notification-mails.com
Hello It’s time to confirm your Mobile Number. Have we got the right Mobile Number to send you our OTPs and to reach you on? To confirm that you can receive our OTPs sent to you and Insure your account is Secured with our 2FA Authentication Methode, just click the button below and follow the instructions. Confirm your mobile number Note: Due to the Latest Updates from the central banks around the world, we are obligated to Deactivate the Unsecured accounts as preventive steps against the money laundry crimes. If you don’t know why you got this email, please get in touch with us so we can fix this for you. Thanks, The Wise Team Want to change what we get in touch about? Go to your Notification Settings. We can’t receive replies to this email address. But if you’d like some support, please visit our Help Centre.   This email was sent to you by Wise. By using our services, you agree to our customer agreements. © Wise 2022. All rights reserved. zdtag-nr-contact-form-sent

vegavega25

Reaction score
On the Wise debit card vs. Revolut for ATM cash withdrawals up to S$350 abroad:

Are they, for all practical purposes, the same?

Anybody with reasons to be in favour of one over another?

I have Revolut, but don't have the Wise debit card. But I use Wise for forex transfers, and have found it very good for my needs and plan to continue to use it.

Now, I am thinking that if I can close Revolut and rely on Wise entirely, I would very much like to do that, so that I have one less thing to think about keeping open, etc. I don't need cash abroad that much (relying on Instarem Amaze for nearly all card purchases) but found recently that it was good to have a few Euros handy for tips, and in 2-3 stores that didn't accept card transactions. The limit of S$350 per month is enough, and I don't see needing both.

So the use case is strictly cash withdrawals at ATMs abroad within the S$350 limit, having first added S$ funds to it from my bank account through a bank transfer/PayNow, and then converted to the withdrawal currency in the app beforehand.

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wisecard need pay $10 for card? worth it?

i using youttrip now

yotoden

Reaction score
For weekend transactions, despite a small fee is charged, the weekend rate still better than YT and Revolut.

bigrooster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Recently the Wise exchange rates for conversion have been consistently worse than Revolut, even during weekdays business hours.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.