UOB ONE Account

newjungle

Reaction score
That’s true, I forgot UOB one card giro! That one should be the fastest. I have set up a few credit cards, Maid levy, tax. Not sure why will income tax cycle be inconsistent? Taxman hasn’t been kind to be, they are consistently after me...LOL

zenical

Reaction score
When is the next assessment ah? I went to see my statement seems like will end in March. Lol. I went to apply for property tax but going to sell le so may not have anymore giro :s22:

That’s true, I forgot UOB one card giro! That one should be the fastest. I have set up a few credit cards, Maid levy, tax. Not sure why will income tax cycle be inconsistent? Taxman hasn’t been kind to be, they are consistently after me...LOL

m-ghost

Reaction score
Hi all,

Switching out from DBS Multipier

I just applied for the UOB One a/c and cc online and submitted personal details via myinfo.

I did not receive any acknowledgement email, nor SMS, and when I called up the customer service they told me needs 10 working days?

Seems kinda slow to me.

Is this the norm for you guys?

I remembered that DBS Multiplier account opening was instantaneous online.

ThinkMe

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Switching out from DBS Multipier

I just applied for the UOB One a/c and cc online and submitted personal details via myinfo.

I did not receive any acknowledgement email, nor SMS, and when I called up the customer service they told me needs 10 working days?

Seems kinda slow to me.

Is this the norm for you guys?

I remembered that DBS Multiplier account opening was instantaneous online.

Did you apply after 8pm?

For Singaporeans and PRs Only

UOB account and card applications are approved instantly when completed between 8.30am to 8pm. Applications received outside these times will be processed the next working day.

mummy1234

Banned
Reaction score
I used their chat and had a lot of strange debit transactions shown.dunno technical error or what.

Maybe should close all my bank accounts snd withdraw all the cash. Keep the credit cards but don't use it so much. Use cash better. Using CC makes one overspend.

Last edited:

lurker88

Reaction score
Hi all.

I set up GIRO for my 2 uob credit card (one card and preferred platinium visa). Is it consider 2 giro?

Sent from LGE LM-V405 using GAGT

Tp101s

Reaction score
What is the best arrangement to enjoy ongoing rebates/bonus interest if you have the following:

1. UOB One Account
2. UOB One Card
3. Monthly utility bill from SP ($200)
4. Electricity Bill from Geneco ($150)
5. Monthly Starhub Bill ($110)
6. Monthly SingTel Bill ($99)
7. Monthly insurance bill from Aviva ($80)

iduncheckmail

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What is the best arrangement to enjoy ongoing rebates/bonus interest if you have the following:

1. UOB One Account
2. UOB One Card
3. Monthly utility bill from SP ($200)
4. Electricity Bill from Geneco ($150)
5. Monthly Starhub Bill ($110)
6. Monthly SingTel Bill ($99)
7. Monthly insurance bill from Aviva ($80)

Charge your cheapest bills via giro. Then pay other bills using CC to clock min 500. Link UOB CC via giro also counted as 1 giro.

ThinkMe

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I applied before 8pm.

Yes I read about this instantaneous approval.

Dunno what it means

I also applied same day as you before 8pm. Received confirmation email within 5 minutes and I can log in straight away.

Posted from PCWX using Mi MIX 2S

decibel.

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I applied before 8pm.

Yes I read about this instantaneous approval.

Dunno what it means
I didn't get it instantly. The system probably failed to send confirmation. Only sms received.

Sent from HUAWEI VOG-L29 using GAGT

chiokcc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Aiya, company used to credit salary with a description "Sala payment". This month, change to different salary crediting system, no description that it is salary payment.

How? Can call to UOB to appeal? Relying on this salary crediting for additional bonus interest as never set up Giro...

m-ghost

Reaction score
I also applied same day as you before 8pm. Received confirmation email within 5 minutes and I can log in straight away.

Means they send you a user id and password to log in to online banking immediately?

ThinkMe

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Means they send you a user id and password to log in to online banking immediately?

The email is a welcome email for opening UOB ONE account.

I thought User ID and Password were created during application..?

athletic91

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
“Your UOB One card cash rebate of S$ 1.66 has been credited on 11-Jan-2020. Continue to use your UOB One card for more savings.“

This is not the quarter rebate right.😭 I know my quarter ends 12 Feb

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
“Your UOB One card cash rebate of S$ 1.66 has been credited on 11-Jan-2020. Continue to use your UOB One card for more savings.“

This is not the quarter rebate right.😭 I know my quarter ends 12 Feb

I think this tiny rebate is for those spending for the months in 2019 that did not satisfy the criteria for spent per statement month...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.