HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

What happen when Medisave account hits the max?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-09-2018, 06:57 PM   #1

What happen when Medisave account hits the max?

Hi all, my SA account is still below the current $171k FRS, but my MA monthly contribution flows to my OA. Does anyone know why? I have done a 7k top up to SA this year. Not sure if I will still get income tax relief?
Nofear40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2018, 07:03 PM   #2
High Supremacy Member

Money flows to SA.

After SA max, money flow to OA.

Sent from . using GAGT
crimsontactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2018, 08:19 PM   #3
Master Member

Hi all, my SA account is still below the current $171k FRS, but my MA monthly contribution flows to my OA. Does anyone know why? I have done a 7k top up to SA this year. Not sure if I will still get income tax relief?
This is strange. Can you show a screenshot of the statement?
JuniorLion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2018, 09:23 PM   #4
Supremacy Member

Did you attempt to make a directed, Medisave-only cash top-up when your Medisave Account had already reached the Basic Healthcare Sum (BHS)?
BBCWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2018, 09:35 PM   #5

If I can top-up means should be ok

Do you have cpfis SA account with balance?
maple96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2018, 11:25 PM   #6
Arch-Supremacy Member

Your eligible top-up of 7k (assuming no refund for excess top-up) to SA this year will only be granted tax relief against this year’s income to be submitted next year.

According to CPF, once your MA reaches BHS, your medisave savings will flow to either your SA or RA.

If the top-up does not bring your SA to 171k, then your monthly MA contribution (above BHS) should flow into your SA.

Last edited by henrylbh; 16-09-2018 at 11:28 PM..
henrylbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2018, 11:39 PM   #7

Your eligible top-up of 7k (assuming no refund for excess top-up) to SA this year will only be granted tax relief against this year’s income to be submitted next year.

According to CPF, once your MA reaches BHS, your medisave savings will flow to either your SA or RA.

If the top-up does not bring your SA to 171k, then your monthly MA contribution (above BHS) should flow into your SA.
I forgot my SA investment
With this, I hit FRS
Old 17-09-2018, 06:06 AM   #8
Master Member

With this, I hit FRS
Interesting. How did you do your SA investment?
JuniorLion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2018, 09:05 AM   #9

Interesting. How did you do your SA investment?
Unit trusts
Old 17-09-2018, 01:39 PM   #10
Arch-Supremacy Member

With this, I hit FRS
Like that, you may not be eligible for tax relief on your top-up.

"Only cash top-ups within the following caps, which are computed based on the current Full Retirement Sum (FRS) and the recipient’s CPF savings, will be eligible for tax relief:

Below age 55 - Current FRS less the sum of Special Account (SA) savings and net SA savings withdrawn under CPF Investment Scheme for investments that have not been completely disposed of"
henrylbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.