HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Why is POSB IS an RSP and DCA?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2019, 05:28 PM   #1

Why is POSB IS an RSP and DCA?

Hello, I am looking to start investing either via the POSB Invest Saver (Nikko AM STI ETF) or the SCB (SPDR STI ETF) and have some questions to ask. I apologize if this has already been answered somewhere.

Why do we associate the POSB Invest Saver with dollar cost averaging and a regular savings plan? Is it simply because it automatically invests a preset amount every month? Or is there something about how POSB invests that makes it DCA ?

1) If I use SCB and have the discipline to invest a fixed amount on the 1st of every month, then would that be equivalent to dollar cost averaging and a regular savings plan?

2) Apart from automation and fees, are there any other differences between the POSB IS and the SCB?
Rui Qi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 12:40 AM   #2
Supremacy Member

Why do we associate the POSB Invest Saver with dollar cost averaging and a regular savings plan? Is it simply because it automatically invests a preset amount every month? Or is there something about how POSB invests that makes it DCA ?

1) If I use SCB and have the discipline to invest a fixed amount on the 1st of every month, then would that be equivalent to dollar cost averaging and a regular savings plan?

2) Apart from automation and fees, are there any other differences between the POSB IS and the SCB?
"Dollar-cost averaging" is just a fancy way of saying "invest a regular amount at regular intervals". It's nothing special. You can do it yourself (like you proposed in your Q1), but it's easier when you have someone do it for you.
Shiny Things is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.