www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Money Mind (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/money-mind-210/)
-   -   Will making (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/money-mind-210/will-making-3331123.html)

henrylbh 04-03-2011 04:30 PM

Making a Will

NTUC income is offering the service at -

$160.50 per Will or $321 for a Mutua Will (two identical Wills) payable to NTUC Income. This is our special price to our policyholders. For non policyholders, the charges are between $250 and $500. If we can be of further assistance, please let us know.

Any feedback on making a Will instead of allowing it to the law?

Presently, I have no Will as I only have a sole beneficiary according to the law.

GenuineSeller 04-03-2011 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by henrylbh (Post 53592667)

$160.50 per Will or $321 for a Mutua Will (two identical Wills) payable to NTUC Income. This is our special price to our policyholders. For non policyholders, the charges are between $250 and $500. If we can be of further assistance, please let us know.

Presently, I have no Will as I only have a sole beneficiary according to the law.

Quite EX.... I feel.

What do you mean Sole Beneficiary?

If one doesnt have a Will, your estate will be distributed using the Intestate Succession Act.....

Jarlaxle 04-03-2011 05:30 PM

i think he meant, hes got one person to inherit his assets only according to the Act

audiovideo 04-03-2011 09:28 PM

i think is good price
great service!!

i hate to look for lawyer
this service will save us a lot of trouble

income is really doing things for the ppl

Cashcow 04-03-2011 11:35 PM

Cheap for policyholder but for non-policyholder, it is a bit on the high side.

I know will writing firm that charges from $200 onwards.

dadaway 05-03-2011 01:53 AM

NTUC is a great choice if you don't have much to give away.

jarvis 05-03-2011 07:19 AM

It really depends on the complexity of your will. If your will is going to be so simple that two persons can have identical wills, then it's something you can go get some book / internet research and draft yourself. Of course, the risk of doing it yourself is that if you make a mistake, it won't be discovered until it's too late.

for those standard wills, they will (a) appoint the executor, and substitute executor if the first one dies before you, (b) any specific bequeaths (e.g. property, car, etc), (c) bequeath of residue property, (d) empower the trustee to sell for cash. Then make sure the two witnesses are not beneficiaries under the will. Then if you want, you can register your will with the Wills Registry (free).
http://app2.ipto.gov.sg/IPTOServices...4/Default.aspx

If you need a more complicated will, then you ought to instruct a lawyer to get it drafted properly.

blue_yoghurt 05-03-2011 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by henrylbh (Post 53592667)

hmm, i don't want to sound rude but i think perhaps you should get one done for yourself too. that way you'll sound more convincing to your clients when you explain to them the advantages of writing a will mah.

audiovideo 05-03-2011 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarvis (Post 53608203)
It really depends on the complexity of your will. If your will is going to be so simple that two persons can have identical wills, then it's something you can go get some book / internet research and draft yourself. Of course, the risk of doing it yourself is that if you make a mistake, it won't be discovered until it's too late.

simply irresponsible of what your are saying
if you are not interested in the service just shut up and go other thread :(

wleo1669 05-03-2011 11:47 PM

A will writing will ensure all your assets will be distribute to the correct beneficiary at the correct timing. And it should be advise and written by a lawyer together with your financial consultant to ensure it is a legal document recognised by the court. Why a financial consultant is involve because he or she is in view as where are your assets and how many life policies you have. But of course, you can do it without him/she if you are very clear of your assets.

For example, it will be a emotion drain within the family to fight for the allocation of the assets. Thinking they deserve more from the assets left behind.

Leaving it to the law means the asset allocation will follow a default distribution protocol.

Hope this helps.

henrylbh 06-03-2011 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarvis (Post 53608203)

for those standard wills, they will (a) appoint the executor, and substitute executor if the first one dies before you, (b) any specific bequeaths (e.g. property, car, etc), (c) bequeath of residue property, (d) empower the trustee to sell for cash. Then make sure the two witnesses are not beneficiaries under the will. Then if you want, you can register your will with the Wills Registry (free).
http://app2.ipto.gov.sg/IPTOServices...4/Default.aspx

If you need a more complicated will, then you ought to instruct a lawyer to get it drafted properly.

Even if it's a simple will, the person must be aware of certain matters like hdb joint tenancy wont be recognised in a will. Neither will money in the cpf, if there is a nomination among others including some insurance nominations. So dont just google and simply draft your own will as it may be invalid or no enforceable the way you like.

devilish_me 06-03-2011 12:59 AM

it is definitely possible to write your own will as long as you have legitimate witnesses for it. of course, you'll need to know what to write in your will...and what are the stuffs that won't fall under the will e.g. apart from cpf related stuffs which require a nomination, section 72s...the muslims also are only allowed to will away a certain portion of their assets. for couples, better to include clause to state how the assets would be distributed if both pass on together.

Leion 23-07-2011 11:18 AM

Will making

Anybody got any recommendations for lawyers to make will ?

matchy 23-07-2011 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leion (Post 57949098)
Anybody got any recommendations for lawyers to make will ?

u do not need a lawyer to make a will~~

PM me if u need to make a will

siewloong88 12-08-2012 08:00 AM

Recommended lawyer to do a Will?

Hi,

Does anyone has recommended lawyer to do a will? Any recommendation will be most appreciated, thanks much!