Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Will making

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2011, 04:30 PM   #1
Arch-Supremacy Member

Making a Will

NTUC income is offering the service at -

$160.50 per Will or $321 for a Mutua Will (two identical Wills) payable to NTUC Income. This is our special price to our policyholders. For non policyholders, the charges are between $250 and $500. If we can be of further assistance, please let us know.

Any feedback on making a Will instead of allowing it to the law?

Presently, I have no Will as I only have a sole beneficiary according to the law.
henrylbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 05:21 PM   #2

$160.50 per Will or $321 for a Mutua Will (two identical Wills) payable to NTUC Income. This is our special price to our policyholders. For non policyholders, the charges are between $250 and $500. If we can be of further assistance, please let us know.

Presently, I have no Will as I only have a sole beneficiary according to the law.
Quite EX.... I feel.

What do you mean Sole Beneficiary?

If one doesnt have a Will, your estate will be distributed using the Intestate Succession Act.....

Last edited by GenuineSeller; 04-03-2011 at 06:10 PM..
GenuineSeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 05:30 PM   #3
Arch-Supremacy Member

i think he meant, hes got one person to inherit his assets only according to the Act
Old 04-03-2011, 09:28 PM   #4
Supremacy Member

i think is good price
great service!!

i hate to look for lawyer
this service will save us a lot of trouble

income is really doing things for the ppl
audiovideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 11:35 PM   #5
High Supremacy Member

Cheap for policyholder but for non-policyholder, it is a bit on the high side.

I know will writing firm that charges from $200 onwards.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:53 AM   #6

NTUC is a great choice if you don't have much to give away.
dadaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 07:19 AM   #7
Master Member

It really depends on the complexity of your will. If your will is going to be so simple that two persons can have identical wills, then it's something you can go get some book / internet research and draft yourself. Of course, the risk of doing it yourself is that if you make a mistake, it won't be discovered until it's too late.

for those standard wills, they will (a) appoint the executor, and substitute executor if the first one dies before you, (b) any specific bequeaths (e.g. property, car, etc), (c) bequeath of residue property, (d) empower the trustee to sell for cash. Then make sure the two witnesses are not beneficiaries under the will. Then if you want, you can register your will with the Wills Registry (free).
http://app2.ipto.gov.sg/IPTOServices...4/Default.aspx

If you need a more complicated will, then you ought to instruct a lawyer to get it drafted properly.
jarvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 04:53 PM   #8

hmm, i don't want to sound rude but i think perhaps you should get one done for yourself too. that way you'll sound more convincing to your clients when you explain to them the advantages of writing a will mah.
blue_yoghurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 05:35 PM   #9
Supremacy Member

It really depends on the complexity of your will. If your will is going to be so simple that two persons can have identical wills, then it's something you can go get some book / internet research and draft yourself. Of course, the risk of doing it yourself is that if you make a mistake, it won't be discovered until it's too late.
simply irresponsible of what your are saying
if you are not interested in the service just shut up and go other thread
audiovideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 11:47 PM   #10

A will writing will ensure all your assets will be distribute to the correct beneficiary at the correct timing. And it should be advise and written by a lawyer together with your financial consultant to ensure it is a legal document recognised by the court. Why a financial consultant is involve because he or she is in view as where are your assets and how many life policies you have. But of course, you can do it without him/she if you are very clear of your assets.

For example, it will be a emotion drain within the family to fight for the allocation of the assets. Thinking they deserve more from the assets left behind.

Leaving it to the law means the asset allocation will follow a default distribution protocol.

Hope this helps.
wleo1669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 12:35 AM   #11
Arch-Supremacy Member

for those standard wills, they will (a) appoint the executor, and substitute executor if the first one dies before you, (b) any specific bequeaths (e.g. property, car, etc), (c) bequeath of residue property, (d) empower the trustee to sell for cash. Then make sure the two witnesses are not beneficiaries under the will. Then if you want, you can register your will with the Wills Registry (free).
http://app2.ipto.gov.sg/IPTOServices...4/Default.aspx

If you need a more complicated will, then you ought to instruct a lawyer to get it drafted properly.
Even if it's a simple will, the person must be aware of certain matters like hdb joint tenancy wont be recognised in a will. Neither will money in the cpf, if there is a nomination among others including some insurance nominations. So dont just google and simply draft your own will as it may be invalid or no enforceable the way you like.
henrylbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 12:59 AM   #12

it is definitely possible to write your own will as long as you have legitimate witnesses for it. of course, you'll need to know what to write in your will...and what are the stuffs that won't fall under the will e.g. apart from cpf related stuffs which require a nomination, section 72s...the muslims also are only allowed to will away a certain portion of their assets. for couples, better to include clause to state how the assets would be distributed if both pass on together.
devilish_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2011, 11:18 AM   #13
Supremacy Member

Will making

Anybody got any recommendations for lawyers to make will ?
Old 23-07-2011, 04:25 PM   #14
High Honorary Member

Anybody got any recommendations for lawyers to make will ?

u do not need a lawyer to make a will~~

PM me if u need to make a will
Old 12-08-2012, 08:00 AM   #15

Recommended lawyer to do a Will?

Hi,

Does anyone has recommended lawyer to do a will? Any recommendation will be most appreciated, thanks much!
siewloong88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.