Withdrawal of funds from Paypal to linked UOB bank account

galapogos

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I recently tried to withdraw funds from my Paypal wallet to my linked UOB account, and it was rejected. As I'm unable to see the full account number of linked account nor edit it, I'm not sure if I entered the account number wrongly. I called Paypal and they advised me to check with my bank, but they were able to tell me my bank and branch code, both of which are correct.

They also advised that for bank accounts where the first 3 digits of the account number is the branch code, to omit the first 3 digits of the account number. This is the case for UOB bank accounts, but I've always used the full 10 digit account number without problems.

Does anyone have experience with linking UOB bank accounts to Paypal?

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I recently tried to withdraw funds from my Paypal wallet to my linked UOB account, and it was rejected. As I'm unable to see the full account number of linked account nor edit it, I'm not sure if I entered the account number wrongly. I called Paypal and they advised me to check with my bank, but they were able to tell me my bank and branch code, both of which are correct.

They also advised that for bank accounts where the first 3 digits of the account number is the branch code, to omit the first 3 digits of the account number. This is the case for UOB bank accounts, but I've always used the full 10 digit account number without problems.

Does anyone have experience with linking UOB bank accounts to Paypal?

You have to call your bank for the brach code. There is additional number on top of usual account number you see on your passbook or internet banking.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.