ALL Motorola phones are NOW AVAILABLE IN SINGAPORE! FINALLY!!! (Yes, with local warranty too!)

If you are given the chance, which Motorola phone will you buy?

• Total voters

musiclife95

Reaction score
It's been like nearly 3-4 years with no official sales of Motorola smartphone sold in Singapore. The first MOTO X and first MOTO G was available for Singapore, but unfortunately due to zero advertising and zero product awareness, which links to weak sales...

And Brightstar ended their distribution of Moto phones... :(

Despite having third party seller or online purchases (EXPANSYS, Amazon, ebay and etc...) who exports Moto phones from overseas, the Motorola phone doesn't come with any local warranty. And it's a NO-NO for those who are concerns with warranty and servicing.

I believe these phones can be sold like hot-cakes if there are proper marketing and product awareness. I only know about all these when I walked passed their store. So it seems like a marketing fail again...

So to Lenovo Singapore, please make it big! I believe Motorola aka Moto can win back a huge amount of smartphone market share if done using the correct marketing and advertising method.

IMG_4427.jpg

The disappointment will ends here from this week. 1 week ago (around 6th August 2016), I chanced upon the new Lenovo Exclusive Store at Marina Square spanning 1,015 square feet which is located at
Click the link for direction > 1 Marina Square, 6 Raffles Boulevard, #02-275/268/269, Singapore 039594. Customers can alight at Esplanade MRT (CC3), which is a 3-minute walk from Exit B.

I was shocked to see Moto booth at the Lenovo store. And there were real demo unit for us to try before we buy.

Phones and watches that will be available in the stores are as follow

• Moto X FORCE (aka DROID TURBO 2)

Link to Motorola website: CLICK ME

- Running latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow
    - 64-bit processor
    - Micro-SD storage support (Up to 128GB)
    - World's first Shatterproof display! (Won't crack or shatter!)
    - 5.4-inch, 2,560x1,440-pixel resolution plastic AMOLED display (540ppi)
    - Integrated screen protector to absorb scratches
    - Four-year warranty against cracking and shattering
    - Water resistant
    - AMOLED display
    - 2 day battery life
    - Swing the phone for camera
    - Chop twice the phone for flashlight
    - Durable design
    - Turbo-charging (World's fastest charging!!!)
    - Front-facing camera with FLASH!!!!
    - MOTO DISPLAY (Started by Motorola, competitors are copying because it's an awesome feature! But Moto, did it best!)
    - Moto Actions gesture controls
    IMG_4450.jpg

- Running latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow
    - Micro-SD storage support (Up to 128GB)
    - TWO Stereo surround speakers (I'm using this model right now, impressed with the 2 speakers! Loud and crisp!)
    - Front-facing camera with FLASH!!!!
    - Water resistant
    - IPS LCD
    - Curved-back for superb grip (Moto X signature design!)
    - Turbo-charging (World's fastest charging!!! Get up to 10 hours of extra battery life in just 15 minutes.)
    - MOTO DISPLAY (Started by Motorola, competitors are copying because it's an awesome feature! But Moto, did it best!
    - Moto Actions gesture controls

IMG_4456.jpg

IMG_4464.jpg

IMG_4462.jpg

IMG_4473.jpg

$$$ Pricing details

Moto X FORCE (aka DROID TURBO 2)
Price: $899
MOTO X STYLE edition (Dual-Sim version) (aka Pure Edition)
Price: $799
Moto G Turbo Edition (Dual-Sim version)
Price: $399
Moto G4 Plus with fingerprint sensor (Dual-Sim version)
Price: $499

Yes, comes with Singapore's local warranty! :D

I would post another thread of "the reasons you still can buy the phones despite there are newer phones out there...

To anyone out there, reading this post. I need your help, please do help to share this post around the social platform (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Whatsapp, LINE and etc...) so we can let people (who love Motorola phones or people who wants to try new brands) to know about the Motorola phones are back and available in Singapore already.

Cuz' as from my past experiences, if there is weak sales again, they will leave Singapore once again... It's a pain, you know...

Last edited:

MrMundy

Master Member
Reaction score
moto g supposed to be budget phone but the price like not budget eh

shawniiex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sigh... Another Xiaomi story all over again.
SG dumping ground.

fighting

Reaction score
got Moto Z anot? All these last generation phones still selling so exp.. zzz

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They have to match US pricing if they are gonna have any chance of rebuilding the brand here.

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They need to employ better product designer.. Even xiaomi also use aluminum on their budget phone.. And moto phones all models looks the same.. Ugly like fart..

8-lane

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sigh... Another Xiaomi story all over again.
SG dumping ground.

At least Moto now have their own station for ppl to have a feel of their phones.. Xiaomi dun have (altho there r some demo ones at some telco shops)..

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Despite having moved away from Moto phones for a while now, i still have a soft spot for them. Hopefully Lenovo doesn't F it up. :s22:

Johnny5

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Only the G4 Plus and the up coming Z are new. The rest are like ancient and also no fingerprint scanners ~

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Despite having moved away from Moto phones for a while now, i still have a soft spot for them. Hopefully Lenovo doesn't F it up. :s22:

Hehe...to me they have already f up the Moto G lineup. Moto Z, I reserve judgement because it's a new product line-up.

Keeping my fingers crossed but not holding my breath that Lenovo won't screw up next gen Moto X

Rickosw

Reaction score
They have to match US pricing if they are gonna have any chance of rebuilding the brand here.

if u follow Moto, "LAST YR" they use to have lots of fire sales .... every quarter ..super amazing prices .... (aka in US)

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if u follow Moto, "LAST YR" they use to have lots of fire sales .... every quarter ..super amazing prices .... (aka in US)

Like you said, USA.

You compare the prices listed here versus the prices of the same models now in U.S.A.

Very disappointing

Last edited:

Rickosw

Reaction score
Not trying to pour icy water, 99% of retail customers wont know or bother with Moto phones

all really I-sheep (Samsung), follow the crowd, - cos 99% buy via Carrier (Sintel, M1, Starhub), how many actually bother going inside HWZ to find out more

so for Moto to be successful, need to have a presence in Carrier retail store with actual sales staff to promote and sell the brand.

what makes Moto more special than I-phone, Samsung, (other than the few Moto functions) I really cannot see any concrete special functions over my LG V10 / V20 or Samsung.

the only thing they can win is the "MOD" / Friends" angle ...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.