HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Donnie Yen Rumbles in Kung Fu Jungle on Oct 30th!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By nauhchop
  • 1 Post By upslorry

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-10-2014, 06:02 PM   #1

Donnie Yen Rumbles in Kung Fu Jungle on Oct 30th!

一个人的武林! Chinese title is much better!

Reunites Donnie Yen and Director Teddy Chen, since Bodyguards and Assassins, this movie is Selected to be the Opening Film for the London Film Festival - The reviews are out, with many critics saying that this is Donnie Yen's best movie since Ip Man, and at the level of Sha Po Lang and Flashpoint, the ending fight sequence is said to be more than 10minutes!

And features cameo from many action stars!! (a lot of big names, but those are spoilers)

Found some reviews(with spoilers): KUNG FU JUNGLE (2014) review | Asian Film Strike

Review: KUNG FU JUNGLE Sees Donnie Yen Pay His Respects Then Kick Some Ass | Twitch

Synopsis:

A martial arts instructor from the police force gets imprisoned after killing a man by accident. But when a vicious killer starts targeting martial arts masters, the instructor offers to help the police in return for his freedom.

Watched too many hollywood movies in the past few weeks, time for true asian action.
Old 01-11-2014, 11:42 AM   #2
Arch-Supremacy Member

Anyone caught this movie yet?
Old 01-11-2014, 10:14 PM   #3

Juz caught this today. Not worth the weekend tickets. I give it 5/10. So so nia. Fighting not so nice. Not as nice as SPL
tribalhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 11:46 PM   #4

Juz caught this today. Not worth the weekend tickets. I give it 5/10. So so nia. Fighting not so nice. Not as nice as SPL
You are one of the rare few who didn't like it! But i respect your opinion. Perhaps you only like hand to hand comat. The final fight scene involving the pole, was really good, confirm win Hong Kong best action choreography award. And the different styles were just great!
Old 01-11-2014, 11:47 PM   #5

Go read the review on Straits Time, and IMDB ratings, and GV movie club, haha, the information there are more reliable.
Old 03-11-2014, 12:02 AM   #6

You are one of the rare few who didn't like it! But i respect your opinion. Perhaps you only like hand to hand comat. The final fight scene involving the pole, was really good, confirm win Hong Kong best action choreography award. And the different styles were just great!
I find this movie better than flashpoint. The fight scenes are quite a lot and definitely better than ice warrior.
DonnieYen likes this.
nauhchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 03:36 AM   #7
Supremacy Member

Ending scene u see first they fight with hands, then legs, then claws, then judo, then muay thai, then pole

exciting
DonnieYen likes this.
upslorry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 02:12 AM   #8

Good News, other than having great reviews, Kung Fu Jungle has hit a new box office high! It serves as the highest grossing weekend for Donnie Yen since Legend of the Fist - The Return of Chen Zhen in 2010.
First time an Asian Movie is number 1 in the Box Office this year!

CloverFilms just released this news"狂贺!!甄子丹 《一个人的武林》 再创佳绩!4天直冲82万票房, 是2014年第一部夺周末卖座冠军的亚洲猛片!

Congratulations to Director Teddy Chen, Donnie Yen and his team! KUNGFU JUNGLE is the first Asian film that top the weekend box office chart in Singapore this year! The movie, which was released theatrically islandwide on 30th October, collected a stunning SGD $820,000 over 4 days (30 Oct 2 Nov) taking the number 1 spot at the local box office chart over the weekend!

The impressive weekend performance also puts KUNGFU JUNGLE as Donnie Yens highest grossing weekend box office movie over the past 4 years, beating titles like ICEMAN (2014), SPECIAL ID (2013), THE LOST BLADESMAN (2011), etc.

Thanks everyone for the support! Share this post and influence those who have not watched the movie! Witness another Asian film miracle!
KUNGFU JUNGLE 《一个人的武林》 is now showing island wide in Singapore!"

甄*丹《一个人的*林》夺周末卖座*军
Old 06-11-2014, 11:16 PM   #9
Greater Supremacy Member

waiting for cantonese version..

It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone.
Swordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 02:43 AM   #10

waiting for cantonese version..
watch the cantonese version in JB..I guess the original should be in mandarin base on what i observe from their lips sync..

after 10mins i was hoping for the mandarin version instead..
eagle8964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2014, 03:19 PM   #11

Boring movie...pls wait for the DVD
itsstans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2014, 03:14 PM   #12
Arch-Supremacy Member

the villian very satki.

the action cheoreography is good too.

but the grand finale disappoints.

Last edited by precipice65; 27-12-2014 at 04:39 PM..
precipice65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2014, 10:21 PM   #13
Supremacy Member

Watched it, no wow effect. Maintained the usual standard. The villian is the chap from iceman, not very satki, rather is peculiar and eccentric.
N_RIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2014, 10:01 AM   #14
Supremacy Member

This movie fail
Think he acting no break through liao
Think like flash point n sha po Lang
endlssorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.