Great Movies You Probably Missed. (Updating List)

BlackWing1977

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah lao super long list... and WOT....

Can help me summarise a list of good Doomsday movies, and a list of sci-fi movies and then fantasy movies, then war movies. But for war movies please separate medieval, rome era and WW2, and if got the era from Gunpowder and musket, please separate them as well. :o

Last edited:

Metazoa

Master Member
Reaction score
Just watched this movie The Virginity Hit. Pretty funny. and dumb.

Hamstar

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so many movies to watch...so little time!!

consider adding Groundhog Day to the list :)

BlackWing1977

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Seriously a list this long without any separation into different genre, quite difficult to follow. :o

tifosi

Reaction score
Hi Xanthos, you have exceptional taste. You a high-brow movie lover (in the sense you prefer well-crafted movies rather than fluff)? I agree w your recommendations such as Vanilla Sky, The Machinist, Memento, Clockwork Orange, Am. History X, Snatch, JSA (rare recommendation from a local), Hard Candy, et al.

You may also enjoy Transsiberian. Truly a movie that rewards patience.

I highly recommend
1. The Seventh Seal (someone alr reccommended)

2. BRAZIL (my favorite!)

3. Barry Lyndon (Kubrick's finest, w/o a doubt. i didnt like 2001 sadly)

4. The Game (fincher)

5. The Lives of Others

6. Up in the Air

any opinions. will love to hear yours!

Cloudsky

Reaction score
Hi Xanthos, you have exceptional taste. You a high-brow movie lover (in the sense you prefer well-crafted movies rather than fluff)? I agree w your recommendations such as Vanilla Sky, The Machinist, Memento, Clockwork Orange, Am. History X, Snatch, JSA (rare recommendation from a local), Hard Candy, et al.

You may also enjoy Transsiberian. Truly a movie that rewards patience.

I highly recommend
1. The Seventh Seal (someone alr reccommended)

2. BRAZIL (my favorite!)

3. Barry Lyndon (Kubrick's finest, w/o a doubt. i didnt like 2001 sadly)

4. The Game (fincher)

5. The Lives of Others

6. Up in the Air

any opinions. will love to hear yours!

Yup Brazil is one of my favs too. But only the director's cut, not the theatrical release.

affinityseven

Reaction score
good thread here. always needed one guidelist like this if not dunno what to watch. thanks alot!

bigbadber

Banned
Reaction score
u put ur thread in EDMW where most pple are cheena cheena type,

watch silly slapstick movies, laugh at lame jacky wu variety shows, everyday watch channel 8 just to poke fun at wood xuan.....

and the type of eng movies they find epic are:

Pearl Harbour
Armageddon

and their fave movie OST is always Aerosmith - dont wanna lose a thing. whenever theres a thread about movie OST

:s13:

*edit: no jiak ken tang hokays?

Last edited:

-Strike-

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
u put ur thread in EDMW where most pple are cheena cheena jiak ken tang type,

watch silly slapstick movies, laugh at lame jacky wu variety shows, everyday watch channel 8 just to poke fun at wood xuan.....

Pearl Harbour
Armageddon

and their fave movie OST is always Aerosmith - dont wanna lose a thing. whenever theres a thread about movie OST

what is cheena cheena jiak ken tang? :s22:

Xanthos

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Pearl Harbour
Armageddon

Many of the posts in here already proved you wrong.

I know how the EDMW community is like. But there are, in fact, many mature EDMW-ers. I've always managed to have decent discussions with you on various topics.

Many of them turn out to be lurkers and will only post when they find something that they are interested in.

tifosi

Reaction score

Pearl Harbour
Armageddon

sorry whats jiak ken tang? hokays is a *******ization of ok right?

anyways, i was wondering is EDMW representative of the general singaporean population? i hardly find people who enjoy the same movies as me... is it true most singaporeans prefer asian films/dramas?

and though i may *tolerate* the occasional blockbuster, i wouldn't rate them any good at all.

just wondering...

tifosi

Reaction score
Yup Brazil is one of my favs too. But only the director's cut, not the theatrical release.

Amen to that.

IMHO, do read "The Battle for Brazil". It chronicles Gilliam's artistic conflict w the Hollywood 'suits' and is well worth a read. Furthermore, it has all the storyboards in fine detail

I enjoyed the director's cut immensely as well.

The theaterical release didn't make much sense sadly and made Brazil more like a B-type movie

bigbadber

Banned
Reaction score
Many of the posts in here already proved you wrong.

I know how the EDMW community is like. But there are, in fact, many mature EDMW-ers. I've always managed to have decent discussions with you on various topics.

Many of them turn out to be lurkers and will only post when they find something that they are interested in.

its just me then.

i just cant stand the general stereotypical cheena ch8/chU one-sided mentality type of audience/demographics here

some are too young, some too cheena.

most wont even be aware of half of the movies u posted. esp those pre year 2000 movies.

they fall asleep halfway watching Godfather.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.