Rock/Metal/Heavy Metal/Deathcore/WHATEVER HARDCORE

commie_rick

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Predominately metalcore.Bits of everything actually.But very little post hc.Bands back then ranged from all over.Belgium and swedish hc as well.Congress.Abhinanda.Tough guys were also a fav.Madball.SOIA.Merauder.

Hatebreed up to the point where Jesta went too big.They do hv some gd mostpitt songs.Saw them in sg that time.

Represent i liked one particular song.

Merauder is old school nyc hc. i like it ! mad ball is not bad.
agree. hatebreed used to be very good , my top albums are 'under the knife' , 'Satisfaction Is the Death of Desire' and 'for the lions ' - where they pay tribute to hardcore legends, the sepultura cover is nice too.

after 'perversance' the album are too metal and cookie cutter.

commie_rick

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hahaha.I listen but not a great follower.Hardcore must listen to Youth Of Today some might say.Depends on the era u started from.

yeah depends on peoples opinion.
some say u must listen to chain of strength, justice league, some say you must listen to pioneers like circle jerks, sdd, black flag if they didnt exist , there wouldnt be hardcore

fug all that. listen to what u want. there is no pure genre or creator of genre. it was all built ontop of one another, copy and different styles (influences by culture and personal interest) were added.

wouldnt u believe i tell u that metal, hardcore, punk all came from blues ? would if i tell u heavy metal was started by cream, rush ? but none of these bands sound like the heavy metal u hear today.

commie_rick

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thompson cc.Legend.
Fugazi even more legend.

Cc and gig.LCHC at its truest.Remember core club?

i remember this.

bedok cc was 1 of my fave spots. skinheads r always fighting with punks.
hardcore guys dont give a sh1t, usually wait patiently till the last set where hardcore bands are always placed.

TheBaldMan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
agree. hatebreed used to be very good , my top albums are 'under the knife' , 'Satisfaction Is the Death of Desire' and 'for the lions ' - where they pay tribute to hardcore legends, the sepultura cover is nice too.

I agree on the hatebreed part.I dont believe in the sellnout thingy.One has to make a living.Esp in music.Like when earth crisis did for breed the killers.Nevertheless.My icons still.Am glad managed to saw them in sg:)

TheBaldMan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Nyhc was dope.Never hear anything like that much nowadays.Madball revival recently was gd.Harder.More new school but still has their trademark vibe and sound.

TheBaldMan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i remember this.

bedok cc was 1 of my fave spots. skinheads r always fighting with punks.
hardcore guys dont give a sh1t, usually wait patiently till the last set where hardcore bands are always placed.

Hahaha.So so true.There was a sudden surge of skinheads at one point.And always the chaos that came with them.The senior heads were cool dudes though.

ParkJinYoung

Honorary Member
Reaction score
I tot skinhead practise straight edge life style. Still so aggro

Sent from Google PIXEL 2 XL using GAGT

commie_rick

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nyhc was dope.Never hear anything like that much nowadays.Madball revival recently was gd.Harder.More new school but still has their trademark vibe and sound.

there are many factions in nyhc. skinhead hardcore, metal hardcore .

some of the good nychc band are :

- visions of disorder
- judge
- warzone
- cause of an alarm
-

commie_rick

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I tot skinhead practise straight edge life style. Still so aggro

Sent from Google PIXEL 2 XL using GAGT

wrong. though straightedge started from hardcore punk but it is not defined to a certain sub culture or genre. a black metalist can be straightedge if he chooses to be.
also being straightedge doesnt meant a person is a pacifist.

i bet u havent heard of ultra militant straightedge vegans.

commie_rick

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for black metal fans. there will be a day where darkness last forever and you shall see the beauty of the crimson moon.

TheBaldMan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wrong. though straightedge started from hardcore punk but it is not defined to a certain sub culture or genre. a black metalist can be straightedge if he chooses to be.
also being straightedge doesnt meant a person is a pacifist.

i bet u havent heard of ultra militant straightedge vegans.

That one is too hardcore.Wonder how they survive in this modern world.Great beliefs for gaia but not practical.A form of terrorism perhaps.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.