Rock/Metal/Heavy Metal/Deathcore/WHATEVER HARDCORE

ManOfTheHour

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
like rip-off ? :o
kinda short me feel

nah, far from rip off, both nights were ****ing awesome!

I believe Rob Zombie might have played a shorter set to allow Korn play their full set and be able to finish day 1 of the fest on schedule. If finish too late, LAMC must pay fine hah

deathan9el

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
hopefully they'll make a comeback someday of their own show tho' v slim chance :o

my last concert was Metallica's at CEC .. damn ulu & lehcheh spot :s22:
dunno why e metal gigs here are almost always on a wkday :/

Fri nights at least wld be all right imo

ManOfTheHour

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hopefully they'll make a comeback someday of their own show tho' v slim chance :o

my last concert was Metallica's at CEC .. damn ulu & lehcheh spot :s22:
dunno why e metal gigs here are almost always on a wkday :/

Metallica was so poorly organised. I heard of many who were stranded in Changi for hours after the concert.
Even those who drove, had to wait close to an hour just to get out of the carpark

deathan9el

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
me went in by cab & exit with a ride from my frnd's van whom we met after e show :o

saw those who'd trooped all e way from CV to its entrance before/after e show :s22:
that's quite a blardy distance if u ask me :s13:

even e transport provided after e show ends at Expo MRT ?
with its service alrd done for e day

CEC shld be a last resort venue for any music event imo
granted it's windy but e location kinda far off for those non-east siders :spin:

ManOfTheHour

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yah I was lucky I had a car that night

I was speaking to some guys at SG Rock Festival about the Metallica concert and they told me that some taxi drivers found out about people being stranded and demanded $50 for each ride.

I believe CE was chosen cos of capacity but based on how many people were crushed in the front rows, dont think the venue was big enough for the 40k crowd present

stan216

Reaction score

Hmm, so we can expect Implode and WtSC to sound different from what was released on youtube? I hope KK threw in a solo at the end of WtSC :s12:

thx for e info but pretty much prefer e real Maiden :s12:

I'd prefer the real Maiden too... Thankfully I managed to catch them in 2011, but I was on a budget, so I was seated riiiiiiight at the back. Volume was kinds on the ears, but I thought the sound quality sucked.

Judas Priest back in 2012 was on a MONDAY.:s22: But it was ok for me lah. Was still in NS back then, so I took leave :D

A side note, didn't know Metallica had a bigger turnout than Iron Maiden :eek:

ManOfTheHour

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm, so we can expect Implode and WtSC to sound different from what was released on youtube? I hope KK threw in a solo at the end of WtSC :s12:

A side note, didn't know Metallica had a bigger turnout than Iron Maiden :eek:

Yep different versions and YES! WTSC needs a ****ing solo!

Metallica can attract so many different types of fans, it was an interesting variety of people who attended.
I even met ex classmates of mine whom I never knew were even into metal!

Another factor that helped the attendance in SG was that it was the first show announced.
I spoke to a handful of Indonesian and Malaysian fans who already bought tickets to the SG show thinking it was gonna be the only SEA date.

Some Indos were even telling me how they had a flight home immediately after the concert so they could reach home for the Indo concert which I believe was on the next day.

Even if Maiden was at bigger venue, highly doubt they could attract 40k like Metallica here in SG

Last edited:

ManOfTheHour

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
something new from the upcoming Refused album

interesting direction the band has taken with this one...

Last edited:

deathan9el

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
I have the added disadvantage of the lack of money :( (yes, I still prefer to buy the albums in CDs)

likewise but that was then for me
buy CDs like no tmr :s22:

these days like v rare :o
last CD bought [slipknot] were like ard 2 mths ago at HMV after 2 yrs at least ? :eek:

ManOfTheHour

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
last CD bought [slipknot] were like ard 2 mths ago at HMV after 2 yrs at least ? :eek:

As much as I would like to support HMV, they make it difficult for us; fans of non mainstream music

most of the time they don't even know when stock is coming in and put in more effort to bring in the more mainstream albums on release day.

Buying CDs online is just more reliable these days.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.