HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

35 years old still never call back for reservaists and ippt

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-05-2020, 12:02 PM   #1
Banned

35 years old still never call back for reservaists and ippt

Mindef also never inform him which he is posted too.

Does this means that this guy is discharged forever don't need to do reservaists and ippt liao?
leongmengzai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2020, 01:03 PM   #2
High Supremacy Member

Does this means that this guy is discharged forever don't need to do reservaists and ippt liao?
don't assume.
Old 15-05-2020, 02:35 PM   #3
Supremacy Member

Anything can happen. I have heard of things like someone get called up for 1st reservist at the age of 37, 38 or even 39.

The good point? Only need to serve a few ICTs. The bad point? No milestone CPF $$$ and no MR watch.
Chao_Ah_Tiong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2020, 02:38 PM   #4

Once he is being called back, hell will break loose
Samlee90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2020, 05:50 PM   #5
High Supremacy Member

Nope. Only at 40 u are fully discahrged. 50 if officer.

I ORD in 2006, never called me till 2014. cos i take exit permit once to go overaseas. I exit permit again probably till age 40.
MoyoCase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2020, 05:52 PM   #6
High Supremacy Member

Anything can happen. I have heard of things like someone get called up for 1st reservist at the age of 37, 38 or even 39.

The good point? Only need to serve a few ICTs. The bad point? No milestone CPF $$$ and no MR watch.
CPF $$$ .. not cash... whats the point. can be used to pay HDB i guess. but what if u dont have HDB
Old 15-05-2020, 05:58 PM   #7
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yes this is true. Few years back there was this one guy who report for his first-ever ICT at the age of 39, and that ICT is also his last-ever ICT. Lol. But yeah it's quite a waste of time for these people who won't be getting the watch and the all-important $9k CPF cash.
virus1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2020, 06:44 PM   #8
High Supremacy Member

CPF $$$ .. not cash... whats the point. can be used to pay HDB i guess. but what if u dont have HDB
can pay private property with CPF what.

Yes this is true. Few years back there was this one guy who report for his first-ever ICT at the age of 39, and that ICT is also his last-ever ICT. Lol. But yeah it's quite a waste of time for these people who won't be getting the watch and the all-important $9k CPF cash.
Well there are people earning 9k per day. what's 9k in cpf cash?
Old 15-05-2020, 09:20 PM   #9
Supremacy Member

could it be a case of he on long term overseas permit
come back nvr tell mindef

or he did tell mindef
but the CHRC side of the house didnt post him into a unit that he can contribute operationally

or even the remote possibility they lost his service docket
so no info
and he ended up being a lost sheep/soul which they only realise of his presence when doing house-keeping?
matey1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2020, 12:22 PM   #10
High Supremacy Member

could it be a case of he on long term overseas permit
come back nvr tell mindef

or he did tell mindef
but the CHRC side of the house didnt post him into a unit that he can contribute operationally

or even the remote possibility they lost his service docket
so no info
and he ended up being a lost sheep/soul which they only realise of his presence when doing house-keeping?
There is no need to tell mindef. .when under exit permit , as long u return to SG and stayed 40 days in SG, it is auto cancelled .And after that, as per normal, u just wait for them to call u thru saf 100. Either they call to report ICT u or they dont . So if u working overseas and under exit permit, u can only come back visit for max 40 days.

But as long u are overseas, yr exit permit is valid throughout the duration given to u ( eg. 3-4 years..)if in some case u need to extent the exit permit, u can do so easily online thru NS portal.Advisable to extend it before it expires.
matey1982 likes this.

Last edited by MoyoCase; 16-05-2020 at 01:55 PM..
Old 18-05-2020, 08:36 AM   #11
Supremacy Member

Actually I think the best is to 顺其自然, don't need to do anything... If they call up then LL lor. Unless you really want to serve then you may initiate contact to them.

For me shortly after I ORD I received my posting letter to NSPC, no ICT no IPPT/IPT/RT no ops manning etc. I did nothing all way long and all the way I am based in Singapore and then suddenly 8 years+ later I got my posting to a NS batterlon and not long later SAF100 for my 1st ICT.

Last edited by Chao_Ah_Tiong; 18-05-2020 at 08:39 AM..
Old 18-05-2020, 09:43 AM   #12
Supremacy Member

Actually I think the best is to 顺其自然, don't need to do anything... If they call up then LL lor. Unless you really want to serve then you may initiate contact to them.

For me shortly after I ORD I received my posting letter to NSPC, no ICT no IPPT/IPT/RT no ops manning etc. I did nothing all way long and all the way I am based in Singapore and then suddenly 8 years+ later I got my posting to a NS batterlon and not long later SAF100 for my 1st ICT.
i think the "lost sheep" exists out there be it in SAF, SPF or SCDF NSmen
matey1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2020, 10:48 AM   #13
High Supremacy Member

yes correct. If they didnt call u , u dont need to do anything cos no SAF 100 served . THe onus is on them to call u. If they didnt, then u dont need to do anything and u are also not liable for anything.

i was in this "lost sheep" too. I think a lot also depends on yr vocation. vocation like medics, clerks and drivers dont need so many. if there is so many people available people out there.. of cos not everyone gets called.
Old 18-05-2020, 02:46 PM   #14
Supremacy Member

Not so sure about SPF, SCDF, RSAF and RSN but for army got quite a lot I'll say...

yes correct. If they didnt call u , u dont need to do anything cos no SAF 100 served . THe onus is on them to call u. If they didnt, then u dont need to do anything and u are also not liable for anything.

i was in this "lost sheep" too. I think a lot also depends on yr vocation. vocation like medics, clerks and drivers dont need so many. if there is so many people available people out there.. of cos not everyone gets called.
The unit you were in during your NSF days could be one of the factors also. If those who was in those active SIR, SAR, SCE etc units during their NSF days most likely will call back for reservist as they were supposed to stick with the same group of people until MR.

But for those who served in the training schools like those 3SGs in BMTC, active personnels in reservist brigades etc might have higher chance of kenna holding list after ORD. I was a technician in a reservist brigade during my NSF days and that might explain why I kenna holding list after ORD back then.

Actually IMO it might not be a bad idea if come back for ICT for just 1 or 2 times... especially if it is a low key ICT without much to do.. Can treat it as a 'holiday camp' with free food and reminisce the 'good old' NSF days... And don't need to worry about what ATEC all those things...

Last edited by Chao_Ah_Tiong; 18-05-2020 at 02:57 PM..
Old 18-05-2020, 03:25 PM   #15
Supremacy Member

You can call MINDEF to ask.
Cryophoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.