HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone working in Singapore Customs

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-12-2017, 03:09 PM   #1

Anyone working in Singapore Customs

Just want to find out more about customs and officer job.
hudasic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2017, 04:04 PM   #2
High Supremacy Member

Just want to find out more about customs and officer job.
Maybe you would like to be much more specific. This is a very big question.
reddevil0728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2017, 01:08 PM   #3
High Supremacy Member

I got worked with them regularly for inter ministry ops. What you wanna know exactly? Maybe I can share with you their office hours and training and even remuneration package but nothing more. You SO or JO first?
Franzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2017, 02:27 PM   #4
Supremacy Member

Then share SO for me & JO for TS which additional information that is not shown in their website.

I got worked with them regularly for inter ministry ops. What you wanna know exactly? Maybe I can share with you their office hours and training and even remuneration package but nothing more. You SO or JO first?
Old 30-12-2017, 10:15 PM   #5

Maybe you would like to be much more specific. This is a very big question.
I got offered higher customs officer (so definitely JO). But that's all I know for now. Went for medical. They just called that they are processing and will get back to me latest 2 weeks time.

During the interview they did mention about the 3 yrs job rotation. And they did hint I'd probably be getting into either enforcement or checkpoints. So I was wondering about the job scope wise. What will I be doing? Cuz I don't know anyone in customs. I only have family and friends in ICA and Police.

Last edited by hudasic; 30-12-2017 at 10:18 PM..
Old 30-12-2017, 10:17 PM   #6

Yah I wanna know more about the remuneration package if you can share. The training for JO is 8 weeks right?
Thanks.
Old 30-12-2017, 10:28 PM   #7
High Supremacy Member

I got offered higher customs officer (so definitely JO). But that's all I know for now. Went for medical. They just called that they are processing and will get back to me latest 2 weeks time.

During the interview they did mention about the 3 yrs job rotation. And they did hint I'd probably be getting into either enforcement or checkpoints. So I was wondering about the job scope wise. What will I be doing? Cuz I don't know anyone in customs. I only have family and friends in ICA and Police.
You signed up without knowing?
reddevil0728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2017, 09:11 AM   #8
Greater Supremacy Member

Not asking them instead?

Sent from Sony Z4 using GAGT
Illusionist_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2017, 11:37 PM   #9
Supremacy Member

check & inspect for unauthorized, illegal & undeclared items

Old 03-01-2018, 01:45 AM   #10
High Supremacy Member

Ok guys, just asked my customs friends few days back

Tiagong SO and JO training all is OJT nowadays. Get posting then start work liao. Difference is SO high chance go HQ do policy or work with companies. JO high chance go for enforcement or checkpoints.

Pay wise, SO should be low to mid 3s depending on honours. JO is low to mid 2s depending on age and work experience.
Old 03-01-2018, 01:51 AM   #11
High Supremacy Member

Confirm JO posting.
Medical is standard for CS.

I worked with the enforcement folks most of the time. Hardcore unit is go Geylang catch illegal cig peddlers. If not go to heartland estate and fine people who smoke illegal cig. Else kena be an IO, after ops finish you clear paperwork.

Checkpoints work is go process GST liao. You go Woodlands got red lane. You go Changi got refund office.
Old 04-01-2018, 05:45 PM   #12
Greater Supremacy Member

Can beo chiobu

Sent from 穷挫矮胖永独 using GAGT
Illusionist_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 06:10 PM   #13

Hi all just wanna know what are the trainings one has to go through after being accepted.

for example how the training course duration, stay-in or stay-out etc etc.
cant find any info on the training in their website, not like SPF or ICA.

any kind soul able to fill us in?

thank you!
zenxloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 09:23 PM   #14

Hi. I applied for the the custom officer position since beginning of the year and it has been 5 weeks but still no reply. (Status still ‘submitted’). Does it usually take this long or i kena rejected already?
Tried finding contact number/email for hr but cant find it.
GordyMei likes this.
Daheilong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2018, 02:36 PM   #15

Same over here. Did they contacted you already
GordyMei is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.