HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Deferment issue

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-11-2020, 12:11 AM   #1

Deferment issue

Hi asking for my friend here, he has been granted deferment from NS until Mar 2021 to complete his poly studies. Does Mar 2021 means 31 Mar 2021 or the exact date is not specified?
qwerty12346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2020, 04:06 AM   #2
High Supremacy Member

Hi asking for my friend here, he has been granted deferment from NS until Mar 2021 to complete his poly studies. Does Mar 2021 means 31 Mar 2021 or the exact date is not specified?
You can tell your friend to call NS hotline or email them to confirm.

I donít think you want to take the risk to ask a public forum and if people give wrong information your friend ends up in trouble right?

Anyway why does it matter? When your friend gets his enlistment letter to tell him what his enlistment day is, thatís what matter.
reddevil0728 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2020, 06:54 PM   #3

Poly exams usually finishes at end of February. So what is there to worry? Further more, enlistment usually takes place on Jan, Apr, July, Oct for enhanced BMT and Nov, Feb, May, Aug for PTP. Whether is it 1st Mar or 31st Mar does not matter at all.

soulesscreature88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2020, 10:42 PM   #4
Supremacy Member

It's means any day in March 2021. If they call you up but just nice you still have poly commitments, apply for deferment again.
eviler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2020, 07:56 AM   #5

CMPB takes consideration of your friend's education window period and definitely schedules the intake after his tertiary education. However if there were to be clashes, he can contact CMPB.

Most cases are people requesting deferment for other commitments like girlfriend's pregnancy, taking care of family and certain financial burdens. But not due to clashes with education unless they had been serving for at least 15 months.
Calander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2020, 09:04 AM   #6
Supremacy Member

It is always better to start and complete NS as early as possible.

I was from the era when poly started their new term in July and exam usually finished on May and I was enlisted in June when I was still technically a poly student then since my student pass expiry date is on 30 June of my graduation year and I can still use the poly's facilities.
Chao_Ah_Tiong is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.