FFI : need to go every year after 35?

derrickgoh

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Very generally speaking, yes they wouldnt touch u unless got war.

Having said that, touchwood one day if s'pore got earthquake or tsunami & extra manpower required for rescue efforts, u can still be activated.

Depending on your vocation also. Like when jamban mat escaped, some active units were deployed in the manhunt & i heard got reservist units placed on standby at last minute also. If u r combat vocation chances are higher.

Having said all that, they also dont want to call u back unless no choice. Its an admin nightmare for them. If your unit stand down liao, where do they throw u? And some of your gear may not even be compatible with existing stuff e.g. I doubt the camo helmet cover can fit the old school metal helmet.

Last edited:

mgx-alander

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the ffi is for ippt not for deployment

but if u booked holiday b4 spf100 then u shld be able to defer no?

matey1982

Banned
Reaction score
where to see FFI status or cert?

are you at least age 35?

FFI now is every year haf to do the moment u r at least 35
One tell tale sign is try booking ippt thrgh NS portal
if u can book + assume u r at least 35, thats mean your FFI is cleared and good to go

Chao_Ah_Tiong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
BTW if my HSP appointment is at 9:30am but the SAF100 stated that I have to report at 8am, then we need to be at the medical centre by 8am or 9:30am?

Last edited:

alamakazim

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
BTW if my HSP appointment is at 9:30am but the SAF100 stated that I have to report at 8am, then we need to be at the medical centre by 8am or 9:30am?

early do finish.. early go back

sometimes there is a queue.... 1st come 1st serve

Aaron_soh80

Banned
Reaction score
anyone can confirm this. I clear my FFI last yr at 35. Received another saf100 to go FFI again in march13.

i thought FFI is call up every 2 year: 35, 37, 39...

going to screw them if they anyhow call me back.

every yr check one time lay.. they wan ensure if u r fit for ippt..by the way havent MR meh ?

Shawshankredempti0n

Reaction score
Nope, we are still liability for NS if not they cannot even touch us at war time.

The different is we are no long under our unit but inside MR list (and apart from that is we do not needs to do IPPT, only needs to standby for activation).

Unless someone needs you then dig you out from MR list to deploy you, you are safe from NS duties.

Now some crazy General (NS) politician escalating situation with Malaysia maybe they will dig out the MR list liao. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFk

matey1982

Banned
Reaction score
now no change still lah
once u hit 35, it's every yr must do FFI before u can even think abt booking the IPPT/RT/IPT or the soon-to-be-launched NS FIT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.