Old 25-08-2019, 11:20 AM   #16

Yeah well.. No harm asking tho, right?
Btw thanks for your speedy replies.
iuhmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2019, 11:27 AM   #17
High Supremacy Member

Yeah well.. No harm asking tho, right?
Btw thanks for your speedy replies.
No harm, but it will be foolish to make a decision based on what people say when you can simply avoid it.
Old 02-12-2019, 05:00 PM   #18

The STE hiring manager request me to start work on next monday but my G50 clearance haven't done so. Does I required to clear before start work? Normally the processing take how long to clear as today I just request for the clearance form. Thanks
Weeli85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 05:02 PM   #19
High Supremacy Member

The STE hiring manager request me to start work on next monday but my G50 clearance haven't done so. Does I required to clear before start work? Normally the processing take how long to clear as today I just request for the clearance form. Thanks
Is for STE to advise you.
reddevil0728 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 05:05 PM   #20

Is for STE to advise you.
What kind of advice? But my post must required a Singaporean but my spouse is a PR..

So what is g50 proceesing time?
Weeli85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 05:33 PM   #21

No need to wait for G50 clearance, you may start work next Monday.

My situation was pretty much similar to yours. I applied and got a job in a ST company, was requested to fill up the G50 like your case. I started working in ST and left afterwards and never knew the outcome of the G50.

As long as you can continue to work and get your pay, don't think you need to think too much about the G50.
sohcheekeong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 09:02 PM   #22

do u think we are STE HR dept?

y dont u ask them
matey1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 07:41 AM   #23
High Supremacy Member

What kind of advice? But my post must required a Singaporean but my spouse is a PR..

So what is g50 proceesing time?
I pity STE shareholders that they hire someone like you.

1) STE is your employer
2) The reason you need G50 clearance is because that's what your employer requires for you to do your job.
3) Instead of asking your employer whether you can start work without clearing G50, you are asking the forum?

If you think it make sense, then STE is doomed to have you already. Furthermore, you don't even know what kind of advice you should ask and your engrish is the best. Seriously.

My situation was pretty much similar to yours. I applied and got a job in a ST company, was requested to fill up the G50 like your case. I started working in ST and left afterwards and never knew the outcome of the G50.

As long as you can continue to work and get your pay, don't think you need to think too much about the G50.
I don't see how you can possibly claim for sure that there is no need to wait for G50 since you are not in the same exact position as TS. You may be in similar position, but at the end of the day, it is for his employer to advise him directly.

You can say he can start work, doesn't mean his employer must allow it.
Old 03-12-2019, 09:02 AM   #24
Supremacy Member

I worked at STE for a short while also as a contract staff last time and for my case only after I started work then they asked me to fill the G50 form but then before I submitted my G50 form I accepted another permanent job offer and quited STE.

Don't know whether the process is depends on individual department or they have changed the way they handle the G50 clearance but think it is better if you can enquire STE regarding this.

As for the processing time if I am not wrong for Cat 2A it will take 3 weeks at least. As for whether having a SPR spouse will affect your G50 application only the peeps at Military Security Department knows.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.