HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Guide to SPF Enlistment

Like Tree26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2017, 01:16 PM   #31

Thanks TS for writing this guide. I hope this guide exist 2 years back. =/

Some acronym we use in HTA:

FI = Field instructor (They are your equivalent sergeant in army, although they might not be sergeant rank)

CM = Course Manager (They are regular that will be teaching you law and helping you with admin matters.)

Coy Com = Company Commander (NSF inspector rank, they are your "discipline master" in HTA, their job is to tekan you.)
Old 05-05-2017, 05:02 PM   #32

Last time I wanted to sign on SPF as IO, but PES status must be A or B. I PES C1 they say cannot.
You might want to try to get an up pes. It is possible.
Parmesean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 05:04 PM   #33

Thanks TS for writing this guide. I hope this guide exist 2 years back. =/

Some acronym we use in HTA:

FI = Field instructor (They are your equivalent sergeant in army, although they might not be sergeant rank)

CM = Course Manager (They are regular that will be teaching you law and helping you with admin matters.)

Coy Com = Company Commander (NSF inspector rank, they are your "discipline master" in HTA, their job is to tekan you.)
Haha, yup, very accurate.... But I guess it really has to depend on your luck, some intakes have very nice coy coms, and very terrible FIs, or any other combination. There was even one squad from my intake that the CM could not be bothered with the squad, and just left them to the FIs......
Old 05-05-2017, 11:59 PM   #34

Hi,

Nice to see that there are more people joining the force!

As for regulars, it is definitely a lot more relaxed, in terms of punishments. For regulars, still no difference, no camera phone, no power bank and no charger unless you are the squad ic.

Lastly, all the best and hope you enjoy your time in the force!
Thank you so much for your reply! Are you a regular too? Was wondering why do I need to purchase my own white button shirt and jogging shoes, wouldn't they provide? Are trainings conducted with males?
Natalleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 12:29 AM   #35

Thank you so much for your reply! Are you a regular too? Was wondering why do I need to purchase my own white button shirt and jogging shoes, wouldn't they provide? Are trainings conducted with males?
Hi,

No, you will not need to purchase your own running shoes or white button shirt as all the attire will be provided. Trainings are conducted with males, however, whenever buddies are chosen, it will always be female to female buddies.

If you have any further queries, feel free to PM me and I will be happy to answer any further questions.
Old 06-05-2017, 08:15 PM   #36

Hi,

No, you will not need to purchase your own running shoes or white button shirt as all the attire will be provided. Trainings are conducted with males, however, whenever buddies are chosen, it will always be female to female buddies.

If you have any further queries, feel free to PM me and I will be happy to answer any further questions.
Im very new and do not have more than 10 posts so I'm unable to PM you! 😂 Hmmm that's weird, I was sent a list of items to bring and it included jogging shoes and short sleeve button shirt. Any idea why?
Old 06-05-2017, 09:24 PM   #37
High Supremacy Member

the list says original and photo copy of certs
must bring 2 sets of certs kept separately?
Old 08-05-2017, 01:15 AM   #38

Im very new and do not have more than 10 posts so I'm unable to PM you! 😂 Hmmm that's weird, I was sent a list of items to bring and it included jogging shoes and short sleeve button shirt. Any idea why?
For regulars I'm not so sure, but if the packing list sent to you said to bring it, then you should, because I'm not sure if there is a difference in the issuance of items, for NSFs, we get them on our enlistment day, and are given two days to change the sizes if they do not fit.

Let me get back to you by tomorrow as I will need to contact my regular friends.
Old 08-05-2017, 01:19 AM   #39

the list says original and photo copy of certs
must bring 2 sets of certs kept separately?
Honestly there is no real need for the original certificate, if I recall correctly during the process the PNSF department at HTA just took the photocopy of the certificates. But I suppose the originals are just for verification that the photocopy was not tampered with.

I would recommend photocopying two sets and bringing both on enlistment day. As one will need to be given to the SAs at PNSF, and another one in case your course manager requires you to submit it for updating your education status.
Old 09-05-2017, 06:05 PM   #40

For regulars I'm not so sure, but if the packing list sent to you said to bring it, then you should, because I'm not sure if there is a difference in the issuance of items, for NSFs, we get them on our enlistment day, and are given two days to change the sizes if they do not fit.

Let me get back to you by tomorrow as I will need to contact my regular friends.
Thank you so much! Appreciate that
Old 09-05-2017, 07:17 PM   #41
High Supremacy Member

How bad can the tekan or punishment get?
HKS_Hippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 01:37 AM   #42

How bad can the tekan or punishment get?
It used to be quite bad, but now it is quite lenient, with the rules of how many punishments they can give out laid out. Even some of my friends who are FIs in HTA are afraid to give too much push-ups for fear that one of the trainees will complain and they will kenna tekan even worse by the squad's CM.
Old 10-05-2017, 10:01 PM   #43

Thank you so much! Appreciate that
Hi

I've checked with my friend, the collared shirt is a waste of money as you probably will never use it. You will first be divided up into squads, afterwards the guys will be sent for their haircut. Subsequently, you all will proceed for collection of your items. The reporting attire is smart casual, with covered shoes. Some of the items in my packing list can be used for regulars as well.

You guys do not have confinement, however, please pack enough undergarments to last the whole week.
Old 11-05-2017, 06:48 AM   #44

so camera phones are not allowed? kinda weird seeing as army already allows them... any idea what will happen if i bring it?

not really planning on using the phone will just be kept for use when book out and going home so dont really want to buy a non camera phone just to use since its a waste of money.

so there is no real need to bring the original copy also just make sure to photocopy 2 sets?
Sorbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 07:52 AM   #45

so camera phones are not allowed? kinda weird seeing as army already allows them... any idea what will happen if i bring it?

not really planning on using the phone will just be kept for use when book out and going home so dont really want to buy a non camera phone just to use since its a waste of money.

so there is no real need to bring the original copy also just make sure to photocopy 2 sets?
Hi,

camera phones are not allowed in HTA. Whether or not your CM or FI will allow it is very unlikely, however, it does not hurt to ask. During confinement, or at any point during your stay at HTA if you are caught with a camera phone, or any contraband item, not only your squad, but your whole intake will die a horrible death.

And yes, original certificates not necessary. You will, just need to submit one copy to the SAs, and another for safekeeping in case your CM needs it.

Last edited by Parmesean; 12-05-2017 at 09:52 AM..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.