HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Guide to SPF Enlistment

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2018, 11:30 AM   #436

Guys, my POP is in 1 month's time. I actually have colour deficiency so the only front line available because of this was ProCom and TransCom. 172 Intake ProCom not available but just recently, I received message that it will be available to choose for us with partial colour blind.

But I'm just wondering if AOFI is a good vocation or not? Can someone fill me in on that position? I've already been confirmed to be placed under that vocation since I went through the interview and they accepted me.

Should I accept the vocation or just choose front line, TransCom or ProCom? Quite clueless to be honest.
Power Is Scarce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 11:37 AM   #437

There is no sgt 1 or 2 in SPF, only in SAF
The government actually revamped the ranking structure 2 years ago. But unlike the army, SGT (1) is the lowest rank, and SGT (3) is the highest rank.
Parmesean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 09:46 PM   #438

lol, haha. never provide after training? at least take ask back to Choa chu kang MRT station
during my time there was shuttle bus for those who wanna take to cck mrt not sure for now should be still have
yoongdeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 10:11 PM   #439

during my time there was shuttle bus for those who wanna take to cck mrt not sure for now should be still have

Theres still shuttle bus which sends us to CCK mrt
Acre45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 10:15 PM   #440

Theres still shuttle bus which sends us to CCK mrt
Should still have, but do take note it is limited, so if your coy books out late, you may not get a seat on the shuttle bus.
Old 13-09-2018, 12:17 PM   #441

Should I accept the vocation or just choose front line, TransCom or ProCom? Quite clueless to be honest.
Based on what I heard from a friend in ProCom, I suggest if you want more "action" join TransCom since they rack up a large number of arrests as ProCom patrols are mostly uneventful according to my friend.

Hopefully this helps you come to a decision. All the best!
ClearlyCryptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2018, 12:34 PM   #442

Based on what I heard from a friend in ProCom, I suggest if you want more "action" join TransCom since they rack up a large number of arrests as ProCom patrols are mostly uneventful according to my friend.

Hopefully this helps you come to a decision. All the best!
My bro got posted to his 1st choice TransCom recently. I understand that there were only 2 from his squad got posted there successfully. Majorities got posted to Procom & other vocations!
Starbarks! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2018, 03:48 PM   #443

My bro got posted to his 1st choice TransCom recently. I understand that there were only 2 from his squad got posted there successfully. Majorities got posted to Procom & other vocations!
Your bro is quite lucky then, ProCom is the largest unit with NSFs since it was originally the KINS unit. Hence, a lot of NSFs get posted there.
ClearlyCryptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2018, 08:39 PM   #444

Your bro is quite lucky then, ProCom is the largest unit with NSFs since it was originally the KINS unit. Hence, a lot of NSFs get posted there.
Not merely by luck lah bro! It also depends on the order of choice, individual performance, psychrometric test & CM's recommendation. He got first in all his law tests & his CM very happy mah haha..
Starbarks! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2018, 04:44 AM   #445

Let you all know first, I going to enlist on October 9. My instinct tells me that I will enter into OCS
moneyboy6321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2018, 09:43 AM   #446
Supremacy Member

Government just like to make thing complicated!

In SAF rank, 3SG (lowest) / 2SG / 1SG (highest) is a rank.

Old SPF rank for regular, CPL (Direct entry for ITE & below) / SGT (Direct entry for Poly Dip & GCE A) / SSGT

New SPF rank for regular, SGT (1) (Replace CPL for regular for Direct entry for ITE & below) / SGT (2) (Replace SGT for regular for Direct entry for Poly Dip & GCE A) / SGT (3) (Replace SSGT).

So new SPF, from SGT (1) (lowest) to SGT (3) (highest), their rank is still fall under SGT but in different grade like SAF Officer & WO or SPF Senior Officer have 2 grade in each rank. The only complicated part is SGT (3)belong to SGT rank but consider as equal to SSG (SAF) since old rank in SPF is SSGT.

The government actually revamped the ranking structure 2 years ago. But unlike the army, SGT (1) is the lowest rank, and SGT (3) is the highest rank.
There is no sgt 1 or 2 in SPF, only in SAF
Old 14-09-2018, 12:59 PM   #447

Let you all know first, I going to enlist on October 9. My instinct tells me that I will enter into OCS
Are you enlisting into SPF, or Army. In the SPF, it isn't called OCS, it's called OCT Course. And if you are enlisting into SPF, it is very difficult to get into the OCT course, as each intake only has about 5-6 people that make it. You have to get close to max score for IPPT, your shooting has to also be too notch, and you have to be well liked by your squad mates.
Old 14-09-2018, 12:59 PM   #448

Government just like to make thing complicated!

In SAF rank, 3SG (lowest) / 2SG / 1SG (highest) is a rank.

Old SPF rank for regular, CPL (Direct entry for ITE & below) / SGT (Direct entry for Poly Dip & GCE A) / SSGT

New SPF rank for regular, SGT (1) (Replace CPL for regular for Direct entry for ITE & below) / SGT (2) (Replace SGT for regular for Direct entry for Poly Dip & GCE A) / SGT (3) (Replace SSGT).

So new SPF, from SGT (1) (lowest) to SGT (3) (highest), their rank is still fall under SGT but in different grade like SAF Officer & WO or SPF Senior Officer have 2 grade in each rank. The only complicated part is SGT (3)belong to SGT rank but consider as equal to SSG (SAF) since old rank in SPF is SSGT.
Thank you for the detailed explanation.
Old 14-09-2018, 08:12 PM   #449
High Supremacy Member

cos we taking over all the event jobs so SOC can focus on riots etc
so we need more manpower
now every intake got around 90 nsf come

transcom do more arrest cos they scan alot of ppl
and that's where most of the arrest comes from as well tbh
Old 14-09-2018, 09:06 PM   #450

Are you enlisting into SPF, or Army. In the SPF, it isn't called OCS, it's called OCT Course. And if you are enlisting into SPF, it is very difficult to get into the OCT course, as each intake only has about 5-6 people that make it. You have to get close to max score for IPPT, your shooting has to also be too notch, and you have to be well liked by your squad mates.
I enlisting in the SPF. As you mention, it seems like the requirements is easy to qualify
moneyboy6321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.