HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Guide to SPF Enlistment

Like Tree26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-01-2019, 03:31 PM   #586

I am enlisting in the PTP batch on the 12th of feb. My cousin, who also served in the Police, said that the 8 weeks of ptp will be tough as you will have nothing to do but PT, and the trainers take this chance to tekan you.
Anyone here have ptp experience to share?
For reference i have experienced uniform group life back in ncc and had experienced some forms of tekan. Thankyou for ur replies!
PTP is mainly for physical trg stage only where BPT/BMT stage is both physically & mentally demanding with lots of tekans & screwings!
Starbarks! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 12:06 PM   #587

vocation questions

hi all, i've been looking around forums for information on the job scopes and training for certain vocations but to no avail. could anyone elaborate on what life after POP will be like for some vocations, namely NSOSO, Transcom, PCG and Police Band? thanks!
quietbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 07:28 PM   #588

hi all, i've been looking around forums for information on the job scopes and training for certain vocations but to no avail. could anyone elaborate on what life after POP will be like for some vocations, namely NSOSO, Transcom, PCG and Police Band? thanks!
Which vocations are you interested to know ? You can also ask your CM/FI about this.
NSOSO basically you are doing admin work while being able to be deployed / depends what your department wants to do with you. Transcom and PCG you do training before being deployed respectively and police band speaks for itself

Last edited by Acre45; 03-02-2019 at 07:32 PM..
Acre45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 11:42 AM   #589

Which vocations are you interested to know ? You can also ask your CM/FI about this.
NSOSO basically you are doing admin work while being able to be deployed / depends what your department wants to do with you. Transcom and PCG you do training before being deployed respectively and police band speaks for itself
ah i see! what's the training like for Transcom and PCG though? will i still have to stay in? and how long will the training last? sorry if i'm asking too many questions hahaha
Old 05-02-2019, 07:28 AM   #590

ah i see! what's the training like for Transcom and PCG though? will i still have to stay in? and how long will the training last? sorry if i'm asking too many questions hahaha
Have you enlisted yet ? You will be briefed more of this within POBC
Old 05-02-2019, 11:46 AM   #591

PCG 3 months residential training course at Pulau brani camp. Book out every wed and fri.
Transcom 1 month non residential training course at Geylang npc.
howtoroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 11:40 PM   #592

Have you enlisted yet ? You will be briefed more of this within POBC
yeah i'm in 174 intake haha, still waiting for the vocation briefing that they're supposed to give
Old 05-02-2019, 11:41 PM   #593

PCG 3 months residential training course at Pulau brani camp. Book out every wed and fri.
Transcom 1 month non residential training course at Geylang npc.
ah i see thank you v much!!
Old 06-02-2019, 01:39 PM   #594

yeah i'm in 174 intake haha, still waiting for the vocation briefing that they're supposed to give
ahh i see well dont worry they are usually done near the end of the training, enjoy life in HTA POP loh
Old 06-02-2019, 03:57 PM   #595

Does anyone know much about APD vocation? Kind of interested in it but we havenít gotten our vocation briefing yet
Acdefgh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 04:21 PM   #596

Does anyone know much about APD vocation? Kind of interested in it but we havenít gotten our vocation briefing yet
Contribute 2 points:

1) Limited place
2) Must not be too short in height
Old 06-02-2019, 04:37 PM   #597

Contribute 2 points:

1) Limited place
2) Must not be too short in height
Is the height thing true? Cause the only person I know in APD is from my FIís previous intake and heís below average height
Old 06-02-2019, 05:26 PM   #598

Is the height thing true? Cause the only person I know in APD is from my FIís previous intake and heís below average height
Lets just say not being at a certain height means you wont be able to carry certain arms that others who are taller can... thats what i heard
Old 06-02-2019, 06:15 PM   #599

My younger bro's CM said one.. What's ur friend's height?
Old 06-02-2019, 06:23 PM   #600

My younger bro's CM said one.. What's ur friend's height?
Heís not really a Friend just someone from a previous intake who came to talk to us right before their POP and he had gotten into APD. Iím not actually too sure of his height but he looked average to below average maybe Iím wrong
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.