HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

History of SAF - Manpower / Admin Vocationalist

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2018, 04:05 PM   #31
High Supremacy Member

If you been here long, you will know that reddevil0728 will only be in National Service Knowledge-Base nowadays (actually for a very long time) and like to ask every time for the person to provide evidence like official sources for his claim of information. That why I am surprise that he did not do that to you. Haha,there are a lot of flame-war with him and other people.
I don't think you understand the intricacies behind the circumstances before i start questioning.

There is a difference between being prescriptive about an answer and sharing experience.

But I don't think you will understand this either.
DollyAiko likes this.
Old 11-07-2018, 09:36 PM   #32
Arch-Supremacy Member

I am dying to let everyone know which Unit am I from and which of the lady is my direct superior. But I rather remain anonymous in this case.

Furthermore, I have no intention of spreading false infos about my vocation.
One of the many reasons I wanted to create this thread is to let everyone know how important our Vocation is in the SAF too.

Once I even met a Captain from another unit that asked me what is my vocation collar badge (the admin one as seen in the first post). So I explained to him the whole story, which he was glad that I did. If I didn't he won't even know all these existed. Because he commissioned post-1996.

I am sure even for people that joined the army before 1996 will never really take note of it. As even for clerk-vocation officers, most of the time they are entirely hidden at the back-end doing admin work. But we should not undermine their efforts. A lot of them actually even joined JCC or BAC!

A lot of people serious had never knew there was actually Commissioning of Officers under the clerk-vocation. Which I think is really cool and everyone should know that it USED to exist.

I am just here to spread all these good news about my vocation. Not to guide anyone on anything.
No worries..uncle also enlisted in late 80s early 90s....seen all these before thanks for sharing
DollyAiko likes this.
tuckloong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 03:14 PM   #33

No worries..uncle also enlisted in late 80s early 90s....seen all these before thanks for sharing

So u have seen all these PERS-Officers when they were younger? HAHAHA!
DollyAiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2018, 06:03 AM   #34

Wooo perscom ! They do have a important role outfield oso~ but I think the info is classified..

Sent from Samsung SM-G950F using GAGT
Lolerla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2018, 02:06 PM   #35

Wooo perscom ! They do have a important role outfield oso~ but I think the info is classified..

Sent from Samsung SM-G950F using GAGT

Yes. A lot of PERS-officers / warrants / specs / assistants have to go outfield too. In my unit there is always 1 or 2 PES-fit clerks that will be sent to Thailand for 1-year of attachment too.
Old 18-07-2018, 05:49 PM   #36

Yes. A lot of PERS-officers / warrants / specs / assistants have to go outfield too. In my unit there is always 1 or 2 PES-fit clerks that will be sent to Thailand for 1-year of attachment too.
I can speak for all the S1 Cell, including the CAS (Chief Admin Supervisors, ACC ASAs), all will go outfield, but will stick more to the HQ side. As long as you go outfield, all have to wear SBO and carry rifle.
DollyAiko likes this.
thatone1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2018, 07:17 PM   #37
Arch-Supremacy Member

For S1, every hour fill up manpower requisition form. For Dy S1, settle KIA issues.
Old 29-07-2018, 12:32 PM   #38

Just to digress a little from the topic (somehow related though):

Even though SAF removed "Clerk"-Officer schemes, which is the PERS-Officers, in other countries, like U.S and U.K, their equivalent of PERS-Officer still exist.

In the British Army, they are called, Personnel-Support Officer. Which sounds similar to our Personnel-Officer.
Link: https://www.raf.mod.uk/recruitment/r...upport-officer

Whereas in the U.S army, the PERS-Officers are simply called the Human-Resource Officers.
Link: https://www.goarmy.com/careers-and-j...t-officer.html
Old 01-08-2018, 08:52 AM   #39

This fella confirm banana one

ME4 (NS) Arthur Poh, Legal Advisor in SAF.

Holding the manpower-vocation tab too.

Link: https://www.facebook.com/pg/oursinga...=page_internal

FreddieBoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 03:37 PM   #40

As for PERS-Officer, COL Lee Yem Choo (extremely smart lady), she was the first ever female formation commander in SAF. Commander, PERSCOM.

Few days ago she just held a Change of Command after being a formation commander for 2years. She retired few days ago too.

Anyway, PERS-Officer Colonel Lee Yem Choo, the previous Formation Commander of PERSCOM retired.

But according to Straits Time, she was actually working alongside Clifford Keong in SMRT! She is doing under HR in SMRT. Which is totally related to her Military work.

Shows that Clerk-vocation can actually be useful (well, if you are a Colonel). hehehe

https://www.facebook.com/TheStraitsT...55489319357115
Old 01-08-2018, 03:40 PM   #41

By: Singapore Army

PERS-Officer, Colonel (RET) Lee Yem Choo, ex-Formation Commander of PERSCOM.
zeebrugge likes this.
Old 04-08-2018, 07:32 PM   #42

In the early 80s when the ladies sign on as an Enlisted, NCO clerk, (not too sure if Men can sign-on as a Clerk), they start off as Recruits and slowly rose up the rank.

Fast forward now, most of them are either retired or atleast at the rank of an Warrant Officer.

If you see a Warrant Officer with a PERS-vocation collar tab (with sword, feather and torch), it means they started off as a Clerk in SAF when they first joined.

Example:

First enlisted (NCO).

Present day ("Clerk" with Warrant Officer rank).
Old 04-08-2018, 11:44 PM   #43
Arch-Supremacy Member

From my understanding, you needs to change your vocation collar tab when you change your vocation. So these WOs may not start off from clerk vocation.

In the early 80s when the ladies sign on as an Enlisted, NCO clerk, (not too sure if Men can sign-on as a Clerk), they start off as Recruits and slowly rose up the rank.

Fast forward now, most of them are either retired or atleast at the rank of an Warrant Officer.

If you see a Warrant Officer with a PERS-vocation collar tab (with sword, feather and torch), it means they started off as a Clerk in SAF when they first joined.

Example:

First enlisted (NCO).

Present day ("Clerk" with Warrant Officer rank).
Old 05-08-2018, 05:39 AM   #44

From my understanding, you needs to change your vocation collar tab when you change your vocation. So these WOs may not start off from clerk vocation.

U dont need to. Some re-vocated PERS commander like Col. Clifford, whom revocated as a PERS-officer did not change too

And yes, these are PERS-Warrants.
Old 06-08-2018, 08:10 PM   #45

This is an example of a re-vocated PERS-Officer, a Captain.

He was from Infantry and was revocated to the Admin-vocation. But he still keep the original vocation tab.

Link:
https://www.facebook.com/SCS.SAFTI/p...type=3&theater
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.